Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: CA-AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson, 16, & Ethan(8, deceased), Boulevard, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We have 2 I-phones, and alerts came through. I am livid that folks on FB are complaining about how they were awakened by it. I want to yell from the rooftops - Oh, I am sorry! What do you think these poor kids are going through.

SMDH.

MOO

Mel
    I thought the complaint was bc they didn't know how to turn it off, at least that's what I read. TMZ had a Shaq quote about it, that the problem wasn't getting the alert but rather that people didn't know how to turn it off. People were actually complaining about it? That's crazy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    im wondering how this man is paying for their trip/lodging. did he have a stash of cash? was he planning all of this out? or did he just flip a switch and now need to access the money in his bank account??
    We may be looking at a Joseph Duncan type personality, IMHO. Probably planned it out. I worry about the remains in the home could be the little boy, and he's only with the girl. However, if he took both kids, he would/could use the little boy as a pawn to use the teenage girl for sex. I just don't know how this is going to play out.

MOO

Mel

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Here is a Prayers for Hannah FB page. https://www.facebook.com/prayingforhannah

Are there any other Find the Missing FB pages set up for her and her brother?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:

Is it me or have the FB pages been taken down?

Mel
    i've still got all of their pages open (at least i think i've got them all, i need to check) and i'm afraid to refresh!
    it's a boy! noah xavier was born 11.21.13!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    I thought the complaint was bc they didn't know how to turn it off, at least that's what I read. TMZ had a Shaq quote about it, that the problem wasn't getting the alert but rather that people didn't know how to turn it off. People were actually complaining about it? That's crazy!
    The bigger question is WHY they would want to turn it off. It doesn't happen very often (first one I've rec'd actually). It just irks me that people can be so self-absorbed that they just don't want to hear it. Jeez -- sorry Shaq. (I didn't know about that).

Sorry to get OT.

Mel

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

i've still got all of their pages open (at least i think i've got them all, i need to check) and i'm afraid to refresh!
    His is still open. This makes me think family or LE are the ones making changes to hers, since he hasn't changed anything on his.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainy_days For This Useful Post:

Hannah's FB: https://www.facebook.com/hannah.anderson.524
    *Still up, but pictures have been hidden/locked down at some point, except for the cover photos album.

JD's FB: https://www.facebook.com/jim.dimaggi...on=friends_tab
    *Still up, same info that's been there since the beginning

Christina and Ethan's pages are gone.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

for those of you who have been watching Christina's sister's posts, she posted a new status update a couple of hours ago.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

The bigger question is WHY they would want to turn it off. It doesn't happen very often (first one I've rec'd actually). It just irks me that people can be so self-absorbed that they just don't want to hear it. Jeez -- sorry Shaq. (I didn't know about that).

Sorry to get OT.

Mel
    All I could think of is that they couldn't get it off their screen after already looking at it. Maybe they had an alarm sound linked for alerts? Idk, just speculating bc I find it crazy somebody would actually complain about receiving an amber alert, I'm thinking maybe there's more to it. Maybe the i5 handles alerts differently with the io6 software. Seems it was only iPhone users complaining... Or did I misinterpret that from TMZ?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    Regarding this article. . .http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...er-fatal-fire/ . . .there is a very interesting comment with some misinformation near the very bottom. If you go to that commentor's FB profile, his timeline photo is disturbing. It's a near match of one from Hannah's Roadtrip album.

Possible sock account of JD?

Mods feel free to remove if you don't think this belongs here.

TIA
    Woah creepy. I have 5 mutual friends with that guy. All elementary school friends from my private school. Very bizarre. That pic is most definitely the same.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

*Still up, but pictures have been hidden/locked down at some point, except for the cover photos album.

yeah but all those images are still available, just have to know how to look for them and rest assured LE has found them all and retrieved all and any gps from them if location services was on. I set mine to off simply because the phone can get very hot if camera is used and also using geotagging on pics. IE for one or two pics no but lots of pics, gps heats up the phone.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

Yes, Hannah's profile is still up, as are her cover photos, but if you click on albums you'll see 2 albums have now been deleted or completely cut off from view at all - the ROAD TRIP album and the GYMNASTICS album.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to get another pic of this guy on here...

http://www.utsandiego.com/photos/2013/aug/06/1076629/

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

My friend is related to Hannah. They're really close more like sisters. My friend is Hannah's friend on Facebook, I am not, but we are able to see the exact same information. All her pics and posts... I no longer see the mothers facebook. I have Hannah'a real Instagram too. @_Hannah_x0x0 .... Her profile is protected I think, unless you already follow her. I'm sure authority could get pass that though.

Oh and usually when someone "deactivates" their Facebook you can still see their comments but it will just say "Facebook User"... I don't even see that up there. I have spreaded this case around on my Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to italianchick55 For This Useful Post:

More than likely they were either outstanding friend requests sent out prior to her disappearance or her acct is set up to automatically to accept incoming requests. I think they were outstanding friend requests sent at an earlier date and bc of this crime now going viral people are logging in and linking her contact req. jmo. I don't think somebody was logging into her FB, not even her. I think it was outside people accepting her prior incoming friend req to them. Happens all the time in these types of cases...all the time.
    No someone HAS to accept the friend requests they don't just do it automatically. You have the option to either approve or decline and that is so you don't just add randos to your page.
    !~*Mar*~!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Accidentally pressed share when wasn't done typing. Over 1000 posts on Instagram about Hannah and Ethan missing. All from different regions of the US. Hoping someone will know something!

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to italianchick55 For This Useful Post:

woohoo! i just found out that in the 3523752 tabs that i have open right now, one of them is the roadtrip album!

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    No someone HAS to accept the friend requests they don't just do it automatically. You have the option to either approve or decline and that is so you don't just add randos to your page.
    They could have been friend requests that Hannah sent days or weeks ago that were just now accepted. In that case, they show up immediately.

When people have new friends, you don't know which of them sent the friend request.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:

woohoo! i just found out that in the 3523752 tabs that i have open right now, one of them is the roadtrip album!
    I totally understand. And I'm trying to Work!

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:

Yes, Hannah's profile is still up, as are her cover photos, but if you click on albums you'll see 2 albums have now been deleted or completely cut off from view at all - the ROAD TRIP album and the GYMNASTICS album.
    I'm still able to access her road trip album and gymnastics. Maybe only people with mutual friends are able to see certain albums... That's weird..

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to italianchick55 For This Useful Post:

Ethan and Hannah's scanner thread - [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218408"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    CURRENT CASES: Brian Histand, Professional BMX rider missing in Phoenix, AZ since May 15, 2013

------
    My Bestest Map (Israel Keyes) - UPDATED: August 13, 2013
    My Comprehensive Israel Keyes Timeline UPDATED: August 14, 2013
    Israel Keyes' thread here at WebSleuths - come join us!

Everyone has their own personal tragedies, just like you do.
    So, try to be extra kind to someone today - it might just make all the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    They could have been friend requests that Hannah sent days or weeks ago that were just now accepted. In that case, they show up immediately.

When people have new friends, you don't know which of them sent the friend request.
    That is very true! I completely forgot about that.
    !~*Mar*~!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    I'm talking about others accepting her prior friend request that up until recently went without notice.

And yes you can set up your profile to automatically accept incoming requests as well as to automatically send out outgoing requests. They even have apps to up your friends by automatically adding large numbers in groups at a time. IMO it's not a good thing so I'd never do that, only friends with my true close friends & family on my page, but my oldest son did the link for adding a lot of friends and it added 1000 mostly from Europe.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by italianchick55 View Post
    I'm still able to access her road trip album and gymnastics. Maybe only people with mutual friends are able to see certain albums... That's weird..

Thank you so much for this!

Also, police could have set her page to only be viewable by a certain age group or certain area of people. It would limit her more personal pictures going viral since this story has hit the national mainstream airwaves.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast