Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    Wow you guys are going to think I am an idiot and wonder how I passed High School when I say this. I never realized that Mexico extended all the way over under Califorinia. I always thought it was more under Texas. I would def say he is in Mexico some where and not Canada considering how close the Mexican boarder is to San Diego.
    We can't know it all! The Mexican border runs along CA,AZ, NM and TX. I agree that he could have easily been in Mexico before the fire was even reported.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    I cannot imagine him heading back to the west knowing somebody could be looking for him shortly. I think he headed east. On Hwy 8, he could have been in AZ in no time and hooked up with the 10 and be very far from home in almost two days.

He definitely could have made it out here (I'm on the border in the desert, about an hour from Boulevard) before the Amber Alert was ever issued. My friends in the border patrol say he definitely didn't pass through after the alert was issued. There are 2 border checks between Boulevard and Arizona, although I think one might have been closed.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinCa For This Useful Post:

Yes it was ISSUED Monday night and they alerted the media Monday night, we saw it Monday night.
    However, it didn't show up in the online/wireless Amber Alert system until after midnight.
    I looked at it about 11pm last night and it wasn't there.

So that means that the phone texts were probably delayed a few hours while it was activated.
    That would explain why the texts went out in the middle of the night, 6 hours after the Amber Alert.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/a...=US&source=web
    This says amber alert was posted 19 hours ago, time now is 5:30 making it around 10:30 pm on Aug 5. I live in Northern California and it came across my TV between 11:00 pm and 12:30 am.

Looks like it was first issued for San Diego and Imperial counties, and then later issued statewide.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SophieRose For This Useful Post:

I wonder if he told Hannah they were going to go on another road trip. Could she be unaware that her mom and brother are dead? Like maybe the mom and brother were at his house and Hannah was off somewhere else and what he did was lied to Hannah. Picked her up for the mother or said the mother/brother were staying at his place for the night and like someone said lit the house on fire on Sunday then went to get Hannah before taking off with her.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Also, I'm wondering why he burned down both buildings - his house as well as his 3 car garage. I understand a body was in each building...but fire? Why choose fire as the method? I wonder if its bc of fingerprints and more DNA. The easiest way to get rid of DNA is by fire. I also wonder the type of weapons recovered at the scene.

& I'm really anguished over the fact I can't get the Josh Powell disaster out of my head now...freaks me out about the burning of the bodies...
    There are a fair amount of wildfires going on in a number of places right now (not sure about San Diego-ish area currently). Maybe he thought it would buy him more time if people thought all the smoke was "just" a wildfire, or maybe he even thought it would start one? Just a thought.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Yeah that is odd.The fire chief confirms the fire was reported at 8PM on Sunday night and then the kids were reported missing later on Monday. I wonder if Hannah is dead somewhere and his ass just took off.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    I wonder if he told Hannah they were going to go on another road trip. Could she be unaware that her mom and brother are dead? Like maybe the mom and brother were at his house and Hannah was off somewhere else and what he did was lied to Hannah. Picked her up for the mother or said the mother/brother were staying at his place for the night and like someone said lit the house on fire on Sunday then went to get Hannah before taking off with her.
    I think it would become abundantly clear (and very quickly) that this wasn't just a trip.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    Unless he has access to an underground tunnel, I can't see how he'd make it into either Mexico or Canada. He may have had time to run for his passport but I doubt she brought hers along for a visit.
    I was thinking about this too. The only thing I can think of is I'm still a little stuck on that sickening thought I had yesterday - what if he picked her up at her house for another "Road Trip" - maybe a last hurrah before school starts, and told her "bring your passport!" If she has one, I bet she wouldn't have thought twice about it at the time.

ETA: oops sorry just saw this has been posted a few times. I'm almost caught up. Also wanted to add I don't want to imply whatsoever that this is in ANY way shape or form her fault. Only that she might've gone willingly at first, thinking everything was fine.
    Last edited by nikb; 08-06-2013 at 09:19 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    I think it would become abundantly clear (and very quickly) that this wasn't just a trip.
    I agree with you. I'm just saying it would explain the fire BS. Even someone on Nancy Grace brought that up about the kids being reported missing on Saturday. the fire being reported on Sunday, and Amber Alert issued on Monday. It was that exact order that the events were reported.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

I can't see her been fooled into another roadtrip. If he was wanting to keep the fire and murder/s secret, he wouldn't let her have access to social media. What on earth could he tell her that would result in her either leaving her phone behind, or not accessing facebook, etc. That scenario doesn't add up to me at all.

If she is still alive (hopefully), IMO she is fully aware that something has happened. How much she knows is anyone's guess. If she is aware she is essentially a hostage, I'd imagine she will try to get away.

I hate to say it, but I can't see him being able to keep her alive and captive for very long. She seems feisty.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Strangeworld For This Useful Post:

NG was absolutely ridiculous tonight. She was speaking with Mark Klaas and she said, "wait, hold on Mark!! We have breaking news" Then, she went to the fire chiefs interview from last night, it was DARK out. Looked so dumb. Glad she is covering this, but come on, it's still light out here.
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Yes it was ISSUED Monday night and they alerted the media Monday night, we saw it Monday night.
    However, it didn't show up in the online/wireless Amber Alert system until after midnight.
    I looked at it about 11pm last night and it wasn't there.

So that means that the phone texts were probably delayed a few hours while it was activated.
    That would explain why the texts went out in the middle of the night, 6 hours after the Amber Alert.
    The AMBER Alert showed up almost immediately after it was issued on Monday night. I checked NCMEC right after the thread was started, when someone requested that "AMBER ALERT" be added to the title. I wouldn't have added it at that time if it wasn't up.

Last time I got a wireless alert, it went out before the info was even up on NCMEC. Not sure why there would be that much of a delay.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I will never complain about an Amber Alert. Some day, it might be one of my kids and I would want the world on the lookout. JMO It was scary, as we have never received one before. We only have cell phone. I have kids, so my cell phone never gets shut off!

Mark Klaas on NG tonight, said it was a Federal Amber Alert that went out to everyone in the state of CA. So, I think maybe the people of San Diego got it first and then the rest of us did.
    Last edited by AngelWings444; 08-06-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling - grr
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    I will never complain about an Amber Alert. Some day, it might be one of my kids and would want the world on the lookout. JMO It was scary, as we have never received on before. We only have cell phone. I have kids, so my cell phone never gets shut off!

Mark Klaas on NG tonight, said it was a Federal Amber Alert that went out to everyone in the state of CA. So, I think maybe the people of San Diego got it first and then the rest of us did.
    I know people in WA who got the alert on their phones. I am in WA but did not get it.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast