08-06-2013, 05:43 PM #1
Canada - Matt Zellen, 40 & Earl Zellen, 71, Debawnt Lake NU, 29 July 2013
The story and many pictures, at the Daily Mail link:
Mystery of father and son fishermen who disappeared on camping trip in rural Canadian forests over a week ago
• Matt Zellen, 40, was traveling with his 71-year-old father Earl when they disappeared and were last seen on July 29
• Police searched the remote area where they were last seen fishing for two days before saying that they are now presumed dead
• Their fishing boat was found 8 miles south of the lodge where they were staying, with both life preservers on board
• Lodge staff says that the men did not want a guide because they had previously visited the region a year before for Earl's birthday
08-14-2013, 10:42 PM #2
Something off on this one.
Huge write up by Daily Mail, many pics.
08-15-2013, 06:40 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
I could see one going overboard and the other jumping in to save him... ( ya, throwing a life preserver would have been smart but in a panic situation ...?) I dont think it is anything but what it seems to be.. a terrible accident...
08-15-2013, 07:27 AM #4
01-07-2014, 01:08 AM #5Former Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
Nunavut in 2013: the year that was
• American father and son fishers from Detroit go missing on Dubawnt Lake. While their boat was located on shore, Earl Zellen and his son Matt were never found and presumed dead.
12-08-2014, 06:24 AM #6
By OkieGranny in forum 2010's MissingReplies: 228Last Post: 08-04-2016, 02:33 PM
By dotr in forum 1960's MissingReplies: 13Last Post: 05-20-2015, 05:38 PM
By LayzeeDayzee in forum 2010's MissingReplies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2013, 03:37 PM