Oh. Another lost-pup-finds-way-home-tale. Yes, but this one has added ingredients.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Dog trekked 10 miles and survived being hit by car on a motorway to get home after he escaped from dogsitter. (Daily Mail)

Yes, getting hit by a car on the M5 adds a little something. But also....
It was only after she had given him up for dead when her parents called to say Brieze was outside their house.

He had somehow made his way to their home in Leckhampton - a location he'd ever only visited by car - and was barking outside their window.

Overjoyed Ms Walter, 49, of Up Hatherley, Gloucestershire said: 'How he got to my parents' house, I don't know.

'He wouldn't have had a clue how to get there and every time I've gone there with him, I've done the journey in a car. He must have an in-built navigation system.

'My mum just stood back from the door and he ran in.'
Call him the Brieze, he keeps rolling down the road. The rest of the story, with a picture of the ten-month-old cross-country artiste, at the link.

I love these stories

When I was a teen, and lived on the coast, my dog went missing. We looked everywhere and drove all over the place. After days of looking we ended up miles away, down near the marsh, in a town south of us. We called and called and then <shock> heard her barking back to us. It was coming from the direction of the water but we were not able to get down there on foot; it was really over grown with brambles and other nasty stuff. We couldn't get her to come to us, so we headed home. We drove back the next day to try again, but, got no barking response that time. The following day, I was down on our dock and saw something swimming up the waterway. Grabbed a boat and went out to meet my pup. :jumping:

Now, granted, she was only 10-20 miles away and didn't travel down the highway and get hit by cars. But she SWAM home. Best dog ever. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back