GUILTY CA - Sandra Coke, 50, Oakland, 4 Aug 2013

Psychedelia

Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ng-4709747.php

A car belonging to a missing Oakland woman has been found, but the whereabouts of the criminal defense investigator remain unknown, police said Tuesday.

Sandra Coke was last seen about 8:30 p.m. Sunday at her home on the 600 block of Aileen Street in North Oakland.

Coke, 50, works as an investigator for the federal public defender's office in Sacramento, helping government lawyers defend indigent clients accused of federal crimes.

She is a single mother of a teenage daughter, was reported to be in good mental and physical condition, and has never gone missing before, police said.

Coke's 2007 Mini Cooper convertible was found Monday on the 800 block of 32nd Street in West Oakland, about two miles from her home in a neighborhood known for drug activity. The car was intact, police said.

Another case local to me. Her last-spotted address isn't too far from where I live. I hope she's found okay, but some of the new details in the article above don't sound too good.

Another case local to me. Her last-spotted address isn't too far from where I live. I hope she's found okay, but some of the new details in the article above don't sound too good.
Agreed. Hadn't heard about this case in the local news. I used to live in North Oakland. West Oakland has a reputation for bad news- druggie area and the fact that her cell phones were found one in Emeryville and the other near I-80 isn't good news either... Looking like she was abducted...

This story breaks my heart. She went to meet someone who told her they had information about her missing dog. I could be tricked this way about my pets. Probably nothing else would trick me but if it had to do with my pets, I'd definitely be vulnerable. I hope she's found safe but it doesn't look good. And she has a teenage daughter. Just a sad, sad story.

From the above article

Coke serves as a death penalty appeals investigator for the Office of the Federal Defender in Sacramento.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Oakland-Police-Find-Missing-Womans-Car-218619281.html

Seems like the same person that broke in to her home then later tried to get money from her is probably the same person that she went to meet to get info on her dog.

I also get the feeling this could be cause for the break-in and dognapping and the call she got to be related.

Police spokeswoman Officer Johnna Watson said this morning that the car was found at about 7:45 p.m. Monday parked in the 800 block of 32nd Street, about 2 miles from where she was last seen.

http://www.fugitive.com/2013/08/06/sandra-coke-missing-person-in-oakland-police-find-her-car/

Agreed, someone may have lured her, using the dog as an excuse, with the intent to harm her. The car was found only 2 miles from where she originally was. I'm no good at maps but I wonder how far her car was from both phones that were found.

I tried to find some information on her missing dog from May but at this point, haven't had much luck.

Just wanted to add this link - has some additional information:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9197380

Tanya says her 50-year-old sister, Sandra, works with death row inmates as an investigator with the federal public defender office.

Police aren't sure if Sandra's disappearance on Sunday night, is related to her job or a meeting with someone who had information about her missing dog.

"She told her daughter she would be home in half an hour and was not seen thereafter," Tanya said.

The story goes back to last May, when Sandra's King Charles spaniel, named Ginny, was stolen from their home in Oakland during a burglary. Then a stranger called.

"And said, 'I have information about your dog. How much is your dog worth to you?' And she still got nothing," Tanya said.

Police won't confirm the extortion plot, but Tuesday they discovered Sandra's Mini Cooper in a parking lot not far from their home.

More at link..

I think it's extremely unlikely that the missing dog has anything at all to do with Sandra being missing.

As an animal shelter volunteer, I'm well aware of a lot of complaints from the public that when their dogs go missing, extortionists come out of the woodwork trying to scam money from them. A quick check of Craigs lists missing section reveals warnings to be aware of false claims and excessive rewards demanded for information about missing pets.

I think that's all that was - a random extortion.

It seems a little hopeless at this point to find her safe. :(

I hope she is found safe. It worries me that it does have something to do with the person she was meeting about her dog.
Yeah, it strikes me that kidnapping her dog was a ploy to get to her. I think she's been abducted. Someone targeted her.

Yeah, it strikes me that kidnapping her dog was a ploy to get to her. I think she's been abducted. Someone targeted her.

Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards that too. The only weird thing is that her house was robbed / dog was taken in May. Makes me wonder what took them so long to carry out this plan.

Or yeah, it could have been another totally random, awful person replying to a 'lost dog' post, planning to rob (or worse) whoever responded. The article said she had experienced several responses to her missing posters/ads, all of them lies, and at least one demanding money.

I hope she is found safe. It worries me that it does have something to do with the person she was meeting about her dog.

Was she meeting someone about her dog? I may have missed something. I thought the articles said she was meeting someone (unknown) and also, way back in May someone tried to extort money from her for info about her missing dog.

That call was made in May.

Was it stated that she was actually known to be planning to meet that person the day she disappeared?

Was she meeting someone about her dog? I may have missed something. I thought the articles said she was meeting someone (unknown) and also, way back in May someone tried to extort money from her for info about her missing dog.

That call was made in May.

Was it stated that she was actually known to be planning to meet that person the day she disappeared?

A spokesman for the family said that Coke left the house after receiving a call about her beloved King Charles spaniel named Ginny, who was stolen from her home in May.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oke-missing-going-meet-mysterious-caller.html

Her dog was stolen in May. The call was made right before she disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back