Identified! VA - New Kent Co., Body found along I-64, Aug'13 - Ryan Smith

astridxx

Reaction score
Don't know if this is worth posting as it only happened about a day and a half ago, but the decedent is still UID at this time. However, no details, except that it was a male, have been released.

NEW KENT CO.-Interstate 64 East in New Kent County reopened after being closed for about eight hours as Va. State Police investigate a man's death.

Authorities say a white tractor trailer hit the man around 1:00 a.m. and kept going. Then, he was struck by several other vehicles and the driver of one of those vehicles called 911 , said Trooper Sgt. Thomas Molnar.

Authorities later found the rig at a business located in the 7800 block of Pocahontas Trail in Williamsburg, but have yet to identify the driver.
Pieces of the rig, along with other evidence, was found along a quarter-mile stretch of the road.

Sgt. Molnar also said investigators towed an abandoned car that was on I-64 westbound, but they had not determined whether the vehicle belonged to the victim.

Meantime, State Police are working to determine who the man is and why he was in the roadway near the Henpeck Road overpass.

Anyone who was traveling through the area at the time of the incident is asked to contact state police at (804)553-3445.

http://www.wvec.com/news/Body-found-on-I-64-East-in-New-Kent-County-218493811.html

http://wydaily.com/2013/08/10/state-police-investigating-body-found-on-i-64-as-suicide/

Sgt. Thomas Molnar of the Virginia State Police said shortly after 1:30 a.m., troopers responded to the Henpeck Road overpass where a 27-year-old Norfolk man appeared to have jumped from the bridge, where he was then struck by oncoming vehicles on Interstate 64.

Troopers found a 2001 Chevrolet van that belonged to one of his family members on the side of the road, where it had apparently run out of gas.

I wonder about it being suicide. Seems a coincidence that the care ran out of gas right there and then he jumped. Of course he could have been sitting in the car for a long time trying to work up the resolve.

That's so sad... He was a good looking guy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back