Warning on Sliders

Yeah I read about this happening in Georgia a couple of years ago. If you leave your bag on the passenger seat while pumping gas keep the windows up and the doors locked!

I always lock my doors when driving or pumping gas and keep my purse on the floor with the strap around the gear stick.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. Glad I'm already in the habit of locking my van while getting gas.

:giggle: I thought this thread was about little hamburgers! :giggle:

I saw a video yesterday Taken in a supermarket in NJ. A woman's purse was stolen out of the basket of her cart while she turned her head to look at items on a shelf. SHE WAS STANDING WITH HER HAND ON THE HANDLE OF THE CART!
I leave mine in there all the time, but not after seeing that video. It happened very fast and the woman didn't even notice. I will look for a link and post it if I find it.

oooh thanks for the safety tip

I've never locked my door when I'm at the pump!

I always lock my car. I carry a set of keys in my pocket whenever I leave the house along with my regular keys.

I really wish that humans that had other humans took the time to raise them right.. ;)

Thanks! I'm passing that on! Never hurts to be reminded to be cautious.

Now that I think about it , what has happened to this country?? When I was growing up we never even locked our HOUSE doors , day or night, home or away! and with NO AC slept with all the windows open in the summers!

Now , I keep my doors locked All the time, even when I go out to work in the yard and I CERTAINLY keep my car doors locked!!!
sad

Another great reminder!!! Thanks! I am BAAAAaaaaaaaaaaad about not watching my purse in my cart! I have even had other shoppers warn me about it! ha!

Yeah at first I thought that too but it just didn't seem like fast food warning.

I very often have the dog with me and used to not worry about locking the doors though I try to be more vigilant these days.

This is scary because the thieves creep up low and that means they may not even LOOK in the car or see a dog! He would certainly protect my stuff but it could be very bad if that door opened and then the whole ugly event was caught on gas station surveillance tape. Ugh!

Yeah at first I thought that too but it just didn't seem like fast food warning.

I very often have the dog with me and used to not worry about locking the doors though I try to be more vigilant these days.

This is scary because the thieves creep up low and that means they may not even LOOK in the car or see a dog! He would certainly protect my stuff but it could be very bad if that door opened and then the whole ugly event was caught on gas station surveillance tape. Ugh!

Although, it would serve the culprit right and it's a scene I'd like to see provided NO harm came to your dogs, of course. Bet the culprit would need a change of pants afterwards!:giggle:

I know I thought what would hamburgers have to do with this, order them at Ruby Tues with salad all the time lol, this is why I stopped on this website a couple of years ago, scare mongers, quit it, life is good forget about what can happen and make what will happen, life is good

I live in Arizona and Florida and Canada I never take my purse into the stores with me, number one the old man has the same damn cards I do and number two my car is locked and the chances of someone stealing my stuff from my car is so much less than compared to what to can be stolen on the internet, you can cancel everything that is in your purse. You have no idea who is stealing it on the internet

Sorta related. A few years ago, I read about an idea to help you be prepared in case your purse/wallet is stolen.

Make photocopies of the contents and keep it in your file cabinet. Driver's license, front and back of credit cards, medical cards, etc.

That way, if you lose your stuff or it's stolen, you have a quick reference on hand to immediately call and get your cards cancelled, without having to dig through all your old statements and stuff to find the contact numbers, account numbers, etc.

When I did it, it really made me aware of how much stuff I had in my purse that I forgot about, and would probably forget to call on to report in the event of a theft/loss.

I always thought it was common sense to lock your doors while you're pumping gas. Guess not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back