810 users online (137 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mysterious priest miraculously appears, disappears at crash scene

http://www.wnem.com/story/23085150/m...at-crash-scene

Rescue workers in Center, MO, are confident a higher power came to their aid at a crash scene Sunday.

They said they pulled a girl to safety thanks to the power of prayer, and a mysterious man.

more info and a sketch in the video:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...5075.html?vp=1

An unidentified allegedly drunken driver hit Katie Lentz, of Quincy, Mo., head on Aug. 4 while traveling on Route 19 near Center, Mo., pinning the 19-year-old in the front seat of her convertible

Just saw this on national news, and came to post it. They said they reached out to every church in a 30 mile radius and have not found this priest. The girl released a statement that said "Pray out Loud". Angel posing as a priest?

Gotta love news like this.. so glad the girl got out alive. The real heroes here are the rescue workers, IMO.

I like the shots of the cornfields in that report, as if the priest simply walked out of one.. Cornfields always have that slightly supernatural feeling, don't they? "If we build it, they will come". Ha.

Not entirely skeptical here, though - I've never subscribed to any religion, for some very sensible reasons, but I -do- believe in 'angels'. They've been around longer than any church, even longer than the beginnings of those churches...

In any case, everyone concerned did a wonderful job, so that young woman can go on and live her life. Great news, indeed.

Heavily Catholic area, many churches thereabouts. Could this not have been a priest or a visiting priest from one of them, who encountered the roadblock, intuited an accident, walked to the scene with the Last Rites paraphernalia most priests carry, then informed the rescue workers, in so many words, of something they already knew, or should have known, viz., that machinery overworked is machinery overheated and that, therefore, to start them again would of course cause cutting - probably the most difficult of which was completed already - to be easier?

Then again we believe what we want to believe - see WWI's "Angel of Mons" tale, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Heavily Catholic area, many churches thereabouts. Could this not have been a priest or a visiting priest from one of them, who encountered the roadblock, intuited an accident, walked to the scene with the Last Rites paraphernalia most priests carry, then informed the rescue workers, in so many words, of something they already knew, or should have known, viz., that machinery overworked is machinery overheated and that, therefore, to start them again would of course cause cutting - probably the most difficult of which was completed already - to be easier?

Then again we believe what we want to believe - see WWI's "Angel of Mons" tale, etc.
    When I first read the story, my initial thoughts were very much like yours.

I have struggled with my faith greatly over the last year or so.

For some reason, I still believe in angels though. I don't think they will ever discover the identity of the mystery priest.

Whether this priest was an angel, or just a man who stumbled across this horrible accident by chance, what he did for this young woman and those trying to save her is truly amazing. He gave them all the hope they needed to be able to save her life.

Such a heartwarming story. I'm glad the girl survived.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

What a cool story. I believe in angels!

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post

I agree with you, especially, we believe what we want to believe!

Lengthy and interesting Fortean Times article about the Angel of Mons (alleged) incident I referred to above:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features...l_of_mons.html

My thoughts are that this Angel was meant for Us. This Angel could have healed her without anybody knowing, as he appeared out of nowhere and left as well, but the fact that he was Seen, to me, was to make a point of don't let your faith waiver, to have faith, and a miracle was seen in the fact of everything working out just as the Priest said it would.

I don't believe a word of it.

"Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo."

"Reed and the other emergency workers were on their knees. The priest of about medium build, maybe 6-feet-tall, stood above them."

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...1&sf15861707=1

I tried calling...wanted to see the 70 photos and rescue workers on their knees praying. I don't believe that part either.

The phone number for New London Fire Dept is disconnected.

IMO it's the Bible Belt .,, sounds to me like a little CYA for flipping that car upright.
    Last edited by Linda7NJ; 08-10-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

http://fox4kc.com/2013/08/08/artist-...-angel-priest/

"Sands explained in an e-mail to FOX 4 that he based the sketch on mostly on media reports. He also said he has a brother-in-law who is a priest and he just had a sense based on his experiences and the reports of what the unidentified priest may look like."

Hilarious!
    A sketch based on nothing!!!! This is the "news" that's being spoon fed to Americans.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

According to my local news, the priest has been identified as Patrick Dowling from Jefferson City diocese. Just saw on my news so no link.

Cool

‘Angel priest’ comes forward, thanks Mo. rescuers for ‘allowing me to minister’
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-mo-rescuers/

I say give Father Patrick Dowling a Presidential Medal of Freedom. Also, give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Temar Boggs and Chris Garcia.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast