GUILTY FL - Jennifer Alfonso, 27, murdered in her South Miami home, 8 Aug 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
A South Miami man has apparently confessed to murdering his wife in a Facebook post that was followed shortly by a gruesome photo of the woman's body.

Derek Medina, 31, told his Facebook friends he was "going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife," adding, "love you guys miss you guys take care Facebook people you will see me in the news."

He went on to justify his actions by claiming that his wife had been punching him.

"I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope you understand me," Medina wrote.
---
more, with links, at Gawker: http://gawker.com/husband-murders-wife-posts-photo-of-body-on-facebook-1070464775

Yeah, and he's claiming his wife punched him and he got tired of it. hum :waitasec: so he killed her. :jail:

Besides killing her, posting a picture of her body was a horrible thing to do to her loved ones.

I hate to ask this...but has anyone else looked at the picture of the murder scene?

I'm asking because Jennifer's body just looks so odd to me -- I wondered if he had staged the scene.

Sorry if I my comment upsets anyone.

I hate to ask this...but has anyone else looked at the picture of the murder scene?

I'm asking because Jennifer's body just looks so odd to me -- I wondered if he had staged the scene.

I think its the way she fell. :(

Wow, what an utter looney tune!

Reminds me of the recent case where a young lad decapitated his mother and posted a pic of him holding her severed off head to social media.

I think its the way she fell. :(

Well, to freely admit my ignorance on such matters...

Is that a natural way to fall when one is shot, stabbed, or otherwise attacked?

The only way I could imagine it, I guess, is if she were on her knees and the force of the shot just blew her backwards.

Again, sorry if I have offended anyone. Not my intention, but I just don't know how to phrase that any more diplomatically.

Well, to freely admit my ignorance on such matters...

Is that a natural way to fall when one is shot, stabbed, or otherwise attacked?

The only way I could imagine it, I guess, is if she were on her knees and the force of the shot just blew her backwards.

Again, sorry if I have offended anyone. Not my intention, but I just don't know how to phrase that any more diplomatically.

It's hard to be delicate with this....but IMO she may have been on her knees and fell straight back.

I thought it looked like she fell to her knees and then backwards, after he shot her. This story is unbelievable :(

I had thought that, too.. Her body does look kind of funny.

Their daughter is going to need lots of help and support. Poor dear, witnessing such a horror. :( (even if she didn't actually see it happen, she was there and heard everything).

Ive seen the original photo. I don't know about "staged", but she definitely wasn't standing upright when she was shot.. IMO, MOO etc. Anyway, not sure if you guys read the caption under the dead body photo "RIP ...." . But the reply "that's my friend there..[tag]Jennifer." Wow.. Just heartbreaking. :(

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

This is absolutely disgusting. I pray the daughter gets through this.

I'm confused about the position of her body too

could the force of a gunblast thrown her body back against the cabinets and when she slid down, she naturally fell forward onto her knees but then gravity made her top half sink backwards?

or had he already slammed her down to the floor and she was on her knees trying to get back up when he delivered the death blow?

I wish I hadn't clicked the link to the actual photo... and if that's how I feel, not even knowing Jennifer, I can't believe the trauma this will have caused her friends and family.

It sounds like he was trying to set up his defense by posting on facebook - 'My wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me.' (from the Daily Mail link). Not that I think it will hold up in court at all. At least he won't be able to plead insanity, he was obviously thinking clearly enough to let all his facebook friends know what had just happened.

I feel so terrible for the young girl. Even if she didn't witness the actual murder, she must have been so scared.

My thoughts are with all who love Jennifer, I hope they can get that horrible image out of their minds and remember her for the beautiful person she was when she was alive.

And may this rot in jail for the devastation he has caused.

AS IF shooting someone six to eight times is a reasonable response to them punching you. Self defense my :behind:. MOO, IMVHO, JMO, blah, blah, blah, etc and et al.....

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/17/3633287/video-shows-part-of-confrontation.html

Video shows part of confrontation in Facebook murder case

BBM
The morning of the killing, the second camera — which has a time stamp more than three hours behind real time — captures Alfonso calmly washing dishes, going in and out of the kitchen.

But the couple had been squabbling since they woke up. At about 10 a.m., according to a Miami-Dade police arrest report, Alfonso was upstairs, and Medina pointed his .380-caliber pistol at her.

Alfonso said “she was leaving him,” according to the arrest report. The video, which has no sound, shows her returning to the kitchen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Medina claims his wife had grabbed a knife and he had disarmed her and put the knife back in a drawer, but then she started punching him.

Well, gee, do you suppose she got the knife out to protect herself from your crazy a$$?!?!?

:censored: I'll get banned if I say what I really think about this....:rage:

RIP Jennifer Alfonso. :rose: You were a lovely lady who didn't deserve this.

My first thought was that she had been on her knees and the shot knocked her backwards.

Looking at the photo I couldn't see the position of the wounds but she was apparently shot multiple times.

How horrible that 15 hours before being shot by her husband she changed her profile picture to them kissing, that jut weirds me out compltely. Also I feel so sad that she had been married to her husband before for 3 years and then remarried him, only for this to happen. She almost escaped this fate :(

It's hard to comtemplate this happening in the real world. That poor daughter and the victims family having to learn of her death i such a terrible way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398520/Facebook-killer-Derek-Medina-admits-shooting-wife-6-8-times-uploading-photo-body.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back