1335 users online (239 members and 1096 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Daniel Ted Yuen, 16, Running Springs, 8 Feb 2004

Daniel Ted Yuen

Endangered Runaway

Missing From: Running Springs, California

Missing Since: February 8, 2004

Age: 16 -- Height: 5'6" -- Weight: 125 lbs -- Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Daniel's nicknames are Dan and Danny. He may wear contact lenses or eyeglasses.

Daniel was last seen leaving school in Running Springs, California at 10:45 am on February 8, 2004. He said he was going to buy a pack of cigarettes and never returned. He took no belongings or identification with him when he left.

Daniel is originally from New Jersey. He was sent to the Cedu School, a therapeutic boarding school for troubled youths, just 10 days before he disappeared. His parents decided to send him there after he broke up with his girlfriend and stopped going to his public school in December 2003. Daniel told his parents he was unhappy at the Cedu School and afraid of the other students, and that he planned to run away.

Police believe Daniel left of his own accord and may still be in the local area. Daniel is not the only child to disappear from a Cedu School. John Inman disappeared in 1993, and Blake Pursley in 1994. None of the boys have been found.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

CEDU Schools filed bankruptcy and closed soon after Daniel vanished according to this 2005 post from a parenting and education website.
    http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_o...losing_re.html

"It is a great relief to hear of the closing of CEDU schools," Hoffman said. "Although the concept of helping troubled youth seems honorable, the execution of such a concept was disastrous in this setting. Many of us can now move forward knowing that no other adolescents will have to go through such a traumatic experience."
    <snip>

"As the truth has emerged about CEDU," Locker stated, "it simply became unviable."

The family of Daniel Yuen filed the second suit. Yuen, 17, was last seen leaving CEDU on Feb. 8, 2004, just two weeks after he arrived in Running Springs. He was 16 at the time of his disappearance.

"My son was last seen in the San Diego area," the boy's father, Wayne Yuen stated. "I wished I never sent my son over there and he does not have to run away. He still is missing and we wish he is safe and coming home soon."
    Daniel went missing 11 years ago today.

Saw this case mentioned on Missing Persons of America a few days ago. How sad...