877 users online (132 members and 745 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Actress Karen Black dies at 74.

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

"Oscar-nominated actress Karen Black died Thursday at the age of 74 after a long battle with cancer. "

More at the link above.

She had the most striking eyes and beautiful hair..

So sad to read about her long battle with this horrible cancer....I hope she rides a big hog onto a peaceful resting place.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

She starred in THE most frightening TV show I have EVER watched: Trilogy of Terror.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Really sorry to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    She starred in THE most frightening TV show I have EVER watched: Trilogy of Terror.
    YES! I remember that show! It was always on after school! Scared the crap out of me! Especially that little troll doll!

RIP Karen!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RAxCWU4of0"]Karen Black 1975 Trilogy of Terror "Amelia" Scene - YouTube[/ame]

I saw it first when I was in college. We watching it in the lounge of our dorm. About a half hour after it was over, my roomie and I took a LONG knife and went up and down the hall, sticking that knife under the doors of various rooms. Scared the bejeebers out of our dorm-mates!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

I saw it first when I was in college. We watching it in the lounge of our dorm. About a half hour after it was over, my roomie and I took a LONG knife and went up and down the hall, sticking that knife under the doors of various rooms. Scared the bejeebers out of our dorm-mates!
    LOL! Quite the sense of humor!!! Yeah I bet it scared the bejeebers out of them!

That's what I immediately think of when I hear her name. RIP, Karen.

Liked her in "Family Plots". Sad she has passed.

Trilogy of terror is what turned me off of Karen Black. I had nightmares for weeks after that. In fact I have the same dream every few years that I think came from watching that. I am running around the outside of where the walls meet the ceiling being chased by a little man with a knife, the tricky part is when you come to the corner and turn around and he is not there, I have to wait till I see which way he is coming from before I know which way to start running again. No wonder I wake up tired. She was a good actress just didn't like the movies she did, or the way eyes looked at you. jmo RIP
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

A good obit and a good career appraisal, each of which dwell on the films that originally made Black a star:

Karen Black. (Telegraph obit)

R.I.P., Karen Black: 74 Years and 194 Characters. (Grantland)

I am heartbroken. So many roles. So many movie memories
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

That was the best. We always refereed to it as "Eeeeegie beeegeee beeegeee". Out of all the good films she was in this stands out to so many people.

RIP Karen Black

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    YES! I remember that show! It was always on after school! Scared the crap out of me! Especially that little troll doll!

RIP Karen!
    Its been how many years since that movie? And I can still clearly see that little voodoo troll doll thingy and those teeth. Shudder. Scared the carp outta me.

I have concluded we are old. RIP Karen
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast