Someone may have recognized Jason

AnalyticalExaminer

Reaction score
See this thread from a discussion group devoted to Phish, a band whose fan community overlaps with that of the Grateful Dead - http://phantasytour.com/bands/1/topics/3513848/posts. A poster there asserts that in 1992-94 he knew a fellow Dead fan from Fairfax, Virginia named Jason who had poor relations with his foster family, who strongly resembles one of the reconstructed images, and with whom he later lost all contact. Another poster in the thread claims to have been the college roommate of the driver of the van at the University of South Carolina.

I hope this guy follows through! He could be mistaken but, man, how awesome would it be if he is right!

Wow, that'd be great if this person could remember more information! And the Phish community... I wish I had thought of that before. Lots of crossover in fans.

tcg

i think he's legit, even if he's not sure. he has over 8000 posts over the past decade on that site, so i don't think he's making it up.

so far he has said it was an acquaintance in the early 90s who lived in fairfax, va. his name was jason, he was living with his girlfriend, and he was estranged from his adopted family. he vaguely remembers where the adopted family's house was, and is in the process of checking with other friends to see if they remember his last name. he did mention several people have wondered what ever happened to the guy, which is what we've posited here for years (that someone would wonder but not know how to figure it out).

can we start re-looking at any missing jasons from fairfax va while we wait?

I hope that person follows up and maybe gets a last name or passes the info onto the police. He says that "Jason" was from Fairfax and died about 160 miles from home, and was estranged from his foster parents. Maybe his foster mom was the one who supposedly made the call asking about characteristics of the Jason Doe.

from page 14 of that thread (quoting b/c it's a decent synopsis of the entire thread and there's no way to link to a post on that messageboard):

"Upon reviewing information in this thread, jasonm111 believes he may have had an acquaintance/friendship with deceased Jason Doe for a brief period of time 18 years ago. Jasonm111 also believes he may remember the approximate address or neighborhood of where Jason Doe’s foster parents live(d).

In the unlikely yet plausible event that jasonm111’s is accurate in his belief, his recollection is that Jason Doe had an estranged relationship with his foster parents and therefore “ran away” from home in Fairfax, VA. If so, we know that Jason Doe loved the Grateful Dead band and traveled to see them at concerts when ever possible. Along the way, he *may* have met up with chandrentz, who believes he may have picked up hitchhiker Jason Doe along with two girls (both named Caroline -- what are the odds of that) while attending a Dead show at Giants Stadium, whereby the four of them traveled from Giants Stadium to Albany(?) to DC, where they were then separated at RFK due either lack of money or other reasons (ie. desire to disconnect from certain drugs). "

we need to get one of those guys to forward the information they think they have to LE before they chicken out and drop it without revealing whatever they think they know. the professionals can figure out who lived where and when and determine if this is our guy.

quote from the guy who thinks he picked up jason and the carolines:

"Just wondering...
On that tour I picked up three kids for a few shows. They concluded at RFK. I was mugged and lost my wallet. I had nothing at that point so I had to leave. Those kids all jumped out of the car to go panhandle close to the venue before the show, I had to park far away. I had no way to find them and left with all of their belongings (a couple of backpacks) in my car. I'm thinking the girls names were both Caroline. They were trying to get off tour cause they wanted to clean up. The dude in the first pic looks like the kid. I was a junkie too. Thats all I remember. "

then

"I have no way of knowing anything about the situation 100%. I am pretty sure the girls were Caroline. **** was not fun back then. A whole lot of using and a lot of using each other. I remember going through there backpacks a while later and really dont remember anything about them that stood out. Best of luck in the search... I wish I could be of some help. If need be OP you are welcome to pm me! "

some of the folks from the pt forum are reading this thread so i want to post the case worker information. if you guys think you have any clues or memories of this guy, call/leave a message for the people below. they are extremely understanding and will appreciate any information you can provide. even if this guy's foster/adopted/real family don't care what happened to him, there are a LOT of people who do. even if it turns out that our jason doe isn't who you think he is, excluding someone as a possibility brings us one step closer.

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
Name Kevin Whaley
Agency Central District ME Office
Phone 804-786-3174
Case Manager
Name David Baldwin
Phone 757.683.8366

Is anybody here a member of the Phish forum? The person that said they knew him thinks he has an address. One problem with trying to come up with a last name from the address is if Jason was in foster care, he would still be using his birth name, not the last name of the foster family.

There is a comment that somebody from that forum is trying to get registered here. I sure hope so!

I've been following this case for years. I certainly hope this turns out to be a solid lead.

Greetings, everyone!

This is 'rodneyfrench' from the PhantasyTour Phish forum. I am the the one who started the thread over there and I have been in touch with the person posting under 'jasonm111'. This guy thinks he might have known our Jason Doe in the early 90s before he ran away from his difficult foster family situation.

What I have right now is the address that has been provided by poster jasonm111 and a last name that I was able to gather from that on whitepages.com. Jasonm111 cannot 100% verify the address, nor the last name, but I have given my word to track down this lead to the end.

I will be calling the investigators listed here on Monday morning and I really hope this could lead to something more. Please feel free to give me further guidance or instructions as this is the first time I have found myself involved in any type of situation such as this one.

Thanks for keeping this tragic case alive for so many years.

-rodney

I hope this leads to something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, I sure hope this somehow pans out!!

I got an address from that guy too, and I've sent copies to my contactperson in Namus. How did you find a last name? I looked through the white pages, but they could have moved along time ago

Any progress? I feel like I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear more!

I'm also very eager to hear the outcome of these new developments... wouldn't it be something if the mystery of Jason Doe was finally solved?

I'm also very eager to hear the outcome of these new developments... wouldn't it be something if the mystery of Jason Doe was finally solved?

I hope this is it! I think about him frequently and would love for him to have his name back

It really sounds like the stories match up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back