764 users online (91 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Main Stream Media
    30 07 2013

Blue Mountains Gazette - Read More...
    Gary Tweddle mystery remains unsolved
    More than 1,000 people gave more than 10,000 hours over 12 days but, in the end, no one could find Gary Tweddle.
    With no sign of the 23-year-old who disappeared from the Fairmont Resort on July 16, his grieving parents reluctantly left Leura last Friday to return to their homes, the fate of their son still a mystery.

Last edited by FigTree; 08-10-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Main Stream Media
    31 07 2013

GETREADING UK News - Read More...
    "WE WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO HOPE" SAYS FATHER OF TWYFORD MAN MISSING IN AUSTRALIA
    David Tweddle used social media to thank the hundreds of people involved in the hunt for 23-year-old Gary and, as the search was scaled down to a recovery operation, said he would never give up hope of finding the son he ‘missed and loved unconditionally’.

Main Stream Media
    04 08 2013

*Note: This article contains the most recent and relevant information regarding Gary Tweddle's timeline.

Sydney morning Herald - Read More...
    YOUNG MAN WHO VANISHED INTO THE NIGHT
    The group continued drinking in one of the resort rooms and Mr Tweddle had a few sips of a beer before he told his colleagues he was ''going downstairs for a minute''. Blue Mountains Detective Inspector Mick Bostock, said CCTV footage captures him running from the resort on Sublime Point Road.

Last edited by FigTree; 08-10-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Main Stream Media
    05 08 2013

Have you seen Gary Tweddle Facebook Page
    Questions answered
    Gary has the ‘Find my Phone’ app – however since the phone has no battery, this was not able to give a location. Police have contacted Apple and Google in the UK and US to determine whether they have any information that could be used to locate Gary.

Main Stream Media
    06 08 2013

BBC UK - Read More...
    Father of missing Gary Tweddle returns from Australia alone
    "It's the not knowing which is the really difficult part. To speculate is really difficult for me." He described the decision to come home as "horrendous".
    "I won't ever go back to Australia - I always hold out hope but the reality is acceptance now.

Main Stream Media

Police NSW - Read More...
    Missing Persons Week 2013 - NSW Police Profile Gary Tweddle
    Monday, 29 July 2013 09:53:30 AM

NSW Police are appealing for public assistance, as part of Missing Persons Week, to locate missing 23-year-old, Gary Tweddle, last seen in the Blue Mountains earlier this month.

Main Stream Media
    MON 12TH AUG 2013

- Sydney Morning Herald. Read More...
    Disappearance has community baffled
    Police says he told his colleagues he was running and sounded as he was jumping or leaping over things as he spoke to them.
    They pleaded with him to stay where he was and to look in a letter box to find out exactly where he was on Watkins Road.

Main Stream Media
    MON 12TH AUG 2013

- Sydney Morning Herald. Read More...
    Disappearance has community baffled

Timeline
    - Gary Tweddle goes to a work dinner at Silk’s Brasserie in Leura with 45 colleagues from Oracle. The bill is paid at 10.41pm.
    - Mr Tweddle gets into a Katoomba Leura radio cab with three work colleagues about 11pm. He is helped into the taxi and is unsteady on his feet. The group is dropped off at the Fairmont Resort.
    - Several people continue to drink in one of the rooms at the resort. Police say Mr Tweddle only has a few sips of a beer before he leaves to go to the reception/foyer area.
    - Tweddle runs out of the Fairmont main entrance about midnight. A short time later he rings a colleague and says he is lost. The conversation lasts 17 minutes. Police say it sounds as if he is running and jumping during the conversation.
    - A car drives past Mr Tweddle as he stands in the middle of Watkins Road talking on his phone at 12.15am. The car does not stop. Mr Tweddle’s phone battery dies or is switched off and no one has heard or seen him since.

Main Stream Media
    Monday 12th August 2013

Blue Mountains Gazette - Disappearance has community baffled
    Article by Emma Partridge SMH 12/08/2013
    Blue Mountains Police crime manager, Detective Inspector Mick Bostock, says many people had theories about what happened but says he was sad to say that he believed it was probably just a tragic accident.
    He says he still went to bed each night wondering where Gary was.

Updated timeline...
    Reports up until 16th August 2013

MONDAY
    15TH JULY 2013

TIME: UNKNOWN - A.M
    EVENT: GARY TWEDDLE LEAVES CREMORNE, SYDNEY - TO TRAVEL TO LEURA:
    'The computer sales representative from Cremorne, on Sydney's north shore, kissed his girlfriend Anika goodbye on the morning'

TIME: UNKNOWN - DAYTIME
    EVENT: TRAVEL TO LEURA:
    Headed by bus to Leura.
    Check-in at the Fairmont Resort Leura:
    Staying at the Fairmont Resort for a Conference to award high achievers.

TIME: 7.00 PM - 10.41 PM
    EVENT: LEAVE THE FAIRMONT RESORT TO GO TO DINNER BOOKING AT LEURA:
    'A group of 45 people took taxis into Leura to have dinner about 7pm.
    Silks Brasserie Leura'

TIME: 10.41 PM
    EVENT: END DINNER AT BRASSERIE:
    The bill is paid at SILKS Brasserie

TIME: 11.00 PM
    EVENT: GET INTO TAXI AT LEURA:
    His colleagues helped him get into the passenger seat of a Leura-Katoomba Radio Cabs taxi. The taxi driver drove Gary, 2 men & 1 woman to the arrival entrance of the Fairmont Resort, Leura.

TIME: 11.10 PM
    EVENT: ARRIVE BACK AT FAIRMONT RESORT LEURA:
    'The taxi driver says he remembered well the 10-minute trip to the Fairmont. The taxi driver dropped the group off and says he saw Mr Tweddle, two men and a woman walk into the resort's foyer.'

TIME: Unknown (not reported)
    EVENT: MR TREDDLE JOINS COLLEAGUES IN COLLEAGUES ROOM FOR DRINKS:
    'The group continued drinking in one of the resort rooms and Mr Tweddle had a few sips of a beer before he told his colleagues he was ''going downstairs for a minute''

TIME: *(v1) Soon after / (v2) After 11.10 PM to AROUND MIDNIGHT / (v3) AFTER MIDNIGHT *NO EXACT TIME GIVEN
    EVENT: MR TWEDDLE LEAVES THE FAIRMONT RESORT:
    (v1) Soon after Mr Tweddle was dropped off security footage captures him running out of the Fairmont without his jacket or glasses..
    (v2) Mr Tweddle runs out of the Fairmont main entrance about midnight
    (v3) Gary Tweddle, was seen leaving the Fairmont Resort at Leura in the early hours of Tuesday 16 July.

Crossover to: TUES, 16TH JULY 2013

TIME:12.15 AM
    EVENT: PASSING MOTORIST ON WATKINS ROAD SEE’S MR TWEDDLE:
    'At 12.15, a car drove past him as he was standing in the middle of Watkins Road talking on his phone. The car did not stop.'

TIME:12.20 AM
    EVENT: GARY RANG HIS COLLEAGUES BACK AT THE RESORT TO SAY (v1) HE WAS LOST (v2) HE WAS LOST IN THE BUSH -

(v1) At 12.20, He spoke to colleagues for 17 minutes and said he was lost and did not know where he was. Police says he told his colleagues he was running and sounded as he was jumping or leaping over things as he spoke to them.
    (v2) Shortly after midnight, he phoned his colleagues, and four of them huddled around a phone on loud speaker as Mr Tweddle explained he was lost in the bush. ''He was pleading with them to stay on the phone, saying 'I am lost I cannot find my way back.' He kept talking about heading towards a light on a hill.

TIME: *12.37 AM - *Time calculated from 12.20PM phone call
    EVENT: MR TWEDDLES PHONE CUTS OFF:
    'While Mr Tweddle didn't sound panicked on the phone he did tell colleagues he was lost and was headed towards a "light on a hill" before his phone battery died or the phone was switched off.'

TIME: 02.00 AM *time given was 'somewhere between 12.00MN – 2.00AM'
    EVENT: NOISES HEARD NEAR RESORT:
    Hotel guests and residents heard noises near the resort and possibly bins being knocked over in nearby Watkins Road between midnight and 2am but police are not sure whether the sounds came from the missing man or from the colleagues calling out to him.

TIME: 03.00 AM
    EVENT: GARY’S PHONE STOPS SENDING A SIGNAL:
    'At 3am, his phone stopped sending a signal, meaning either the battery had gone or Mr Tweddle had dropped it.'

TIME:03.30 AM
    EVENT:GARY’S DISAPPEARANCE IS REPORTED TO GARYS GIRLFRIEND ANIKA HAIGH (IN SYDNEY):
    At 3.30am, Ms Haigh received a phone call from colleagues at the resort to inform her Gary was missing and to file a report.

List of media / reports / timelines can be found also at:
    Australia GARY TWEDDLE - LEURA, NSW - 16th July 2013 *Media *Links *Timeline NO DISCUSSION thread - click here.

Edits:
    1. Add (v3) to 11.15pm timeline.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-12-2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Main Stream Media
    Monday 19th August, 2013

Sydney Morning Herald. Read More...
    I just want my beautiful boy back, says Gary Tweddle's mother
    The mother of a British man who went missing in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney a month ago says she just wants her "beautiful boy" back.
    "On the mountain my days were filled with sirens, noise, searching, tireless walking and door knocking. I repeatedly followed the track I believed he had taken in the hopes of finding a clue."

SKY NEWS
    Gary Tweddle: Mother Describes Desperate Search
    She said: "On July 16th 2013 my son Gary Tweddle went for a walk and has not come home.
    "The day that I received the phone call to say Gary was missing in the bush was from his partner Anika.
    "This phone call began the most heart breaking journey of my life.

The Australian News - Read More...
    Mother's 'hope' for missing Gary Tweddle
    "At one point I was so exhausted I found a bench to sit on in the middle of a bush track, and as I sat down and there to left of me was Gary's photo.
    "It was a small comfort as I stroked his face, kissed him and told him how much I loved him and that I will never give up trying to find him, ever."

Main Stream Media
    Wed 28th AUGUST 2013

ABC News Wednesday 28th August 2013. Read More...
    Gary Tweddle disappearance in NSW Blue Mountains a suspected death
    Police have now filed a report with the coroner, describing the disappearance as a suspected, accidental death.
    Officers say they are still planning to search for his body in a number of areas that have so far been inaccessible.

Main Stream Media
    31st August 2013

Sydney Morning Herald. Read More...
    Missing man's file sent to coroner
    After much speculation about what happened on the night, his family have asked for people to reserve judgment until all the facts had been heard.
    ''Whatever did happen, he went missing and we need to bring him home,'' a statement from the family said.

Main Stream Media
    31st August 2013

Herald Sun News
    Missing salesman Gary Tweddle left to buy drugs, inquest hears.
    It is understood witnesses will tell the inquest that the British-born computer sales representative, who lived in Cremorne on Sydney's lower north shore, appeared "affected" by drugs at a dinner held in Leura by his employer Oracle.
    He told at least one person he was going to source drugs when he left the Fairmont Resort on the night of July 15.

Adelaide Now News
    A SALESMAN who disappeared during a Blue Mountains conference told a witness he was going to buy drugs, an inquest will be told.
    Another source confirmed that the claim Mr Tweddle had gone out to acquire drugs would be heard at the inquest.
    The taxi driver who took him and three others from the restaurant back to the resort has previously said "he was wasted, seriously wasted".

The Daily Telegraph
    Missing salesman Gary Tweddle left to buy drugs, inquest hears.
    A witness was at Silk's Brasserie when about 40 people, including Mr Tweddle, arrived for dinner about 7pm and said he seemed fine. But by the time Mr Tweddle left just after 10.30pm, he was "affected by something", despite hardly having any alcohol to drink.

Main Stream Media
    Monday 2nd August 2013

Some of the reports below are repeats but have been released by different sources.

Sydney Morning Herald. Read more...
    Gary Tweddle's body found, police believe
    A body police believe could be missing Sydney man Gary Tweddle has been spotted almost six weeks after he vanished in the Blue Mountains.
    An ambulance rescue helicopter reported seeing a body in bushland near a rock climb known as Sweet Dreams off Sublime Point Road at Leura about 4pm on Monday.

Blue Mountains Gazette. Read More...
    Blue Mountains crime manager Mick Bostock said police rescue officers would not be able to retrieve the body until dawn on Tuesday.
    "It’s too dangerous, they are going to have to wait to retrieve the body tomorrow,’’ Inspector Bostock said.
    ''It's very likely it is Gary but we will have to wait and see,'' he said.

The Daily Telegraph. Read More...
    Body found in Blue Mountains close to where Gary Tweddle went missing in July
    Police said that due to the difficulty in accessing the area, police would make their way to the location at daylight today.
    "It is inaccessible by foot," a spokeswoman said.

NewsCom.au Read more...
    Body found in Blue Mountains close to where Gary Tweddle went missing in July
    Mr Tweddle, 23, went missing at a work conference with computer company Oracle on July 15.
    Despite days of searching, his body was never found. Last week police handed their brief to the coroner, with the belief his death was accidental.

Illawarra Mercury
    Mr Tweddle's family have been informed and were waiting anxiously for confirmation police had found his body.
    Police filed a report to the coroner declaring his disappearance as an accidental death last Wednesday.

BBC NEWS. Read More...
    Body found in Blue Mountains during search for Gary Tweddle
    Police said they could not recover the body until dawn for identification due to the "rough terrain".

ITV NEWS. Read More...
    Australia body found in 'extremely tough terrain'
    The location couldn't be accessed on foot and the crew lost all light in the mountains so we're unable to get down to the ground. They will return first thing in the morning with Blue Mountains.

NineMSN. Read More...
    Reports of Body in Blue Mountains
    "Our hearts ache for the partner, son, brother, nephew, cousin, uncle, friend and colleague that we no longer have in our everyday lives."

ABC Online News. Read More...
    Body found in Leura in Blue Mountains may be missing Sydney man Gary Tweddle
    Police will head into bushland in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney on Tuesday after the reported sighting of a body.

The Independent UK. Read More...
    Australia: Body found in Blue Mountains hunt for missing Briton Gary Tweddle
    Police searching for a British man who went missing in bushland in Australia six weeks ago have said a body has been discovered.

The London Evening Standard UK. Read More...
    Joanne Elliott, a spokeswoman for Blue Mountains Local Area Command, said the "extremely rough terrain" meant police rescue officers would be unable to retrieve the body until dawn when formal identification would take place.

The Times UK - subscription - Read More...
    ‘Body in mountains is missing Briton Gary Tweddle, say Australian police
    Australian police said they believe they have found the body of the missing Briton Gary Tweddle, who vanished in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney six weeks ago.

Have You Seen Gary Tweddle Facebook Page.

Blue mountains Gazette Facebook Page

Picture from News Source limited.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast