1227 users online (216 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IN - Unknown boy, 2, Found in forest in Greene County, 10 Aug 2013

Sorry, I think this is the first thread I've posted, so am not sure of the 'rules'.

I can't find any other stories about this, nor have I seen anything on the news:

http://www.newsbarb.com/2013/08/10/t...llivan-forest/

“He was covered in bugs and leaves and spider webs and dirt,” Lewellyn explained. “He was absolutely covered in bites, scratches, and bruises. It scared me to death. I didn’t know if he’d wandered away from a campsite, because we were in the Greene Sullivan State Forest and there are campsites everywhere. So I screamed and I hollered and nobody answered.”

I'd be curious to read updated information on this.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Couldn't the mother call or go to a neighbors house and call 911? That little fella was gone an awful long time to have been found 2 miles from his home!
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

that mother is extremely lucky that this guy just happened to be driving though that forest

poor little boy )-;

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Yes, this is one lucky little boy. I think the angels were beside him that day. It would be so easy to point fingers at the Mom, but we really don't know what was going on. For all we know she had gotten 2 hours sleep taking care of sick kids, and this little adventurer hit the trail. While certainly not a good thing, let's hope the cause is something as benign as that vs. chronic neglect. Regardless, our little hiker is indeed a lucky lad.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

A man arrived on scene and told officials that a woman had flagged him down and told him she was looking for her child.

It sure seems the mother is either intellectually disabled OR possibly hiding something.

She flags a man down and says she is looking for her child? Why not ask the man to CALL THE POLICE! The authorities won't help find a lost puppy but they will go all out when small kid gets lost. She didn't have a car, she claims the kid may have take her keys (who knows what that is supposed to mean), didn't she have a phone at the house? The whole thing is hinky to an extreme. Was she hiding something at the house so she didn't want the police to visit?

If I were that guy I would have been creeped out to an extreme finding a tiny kid like that wandering in the middle of no where. Maybe I have watched one to many horror movies but I surely wouldn't have been "Yelling" in those woods calling for anyone that might be around. I would hesitantly put the kid in the back seat and quietly driven the heck out of there asap.

Bruce, Jon, Whitney, and I have something in common
    That little boy had to have been missing for DAYS to get as far as he did in a FOREST ...BAREFOOT.

I hope they took the baby to the hospital and the wretched mother to the jail.

I'll reserve judgment on the mother until we know more facts. When my twins were young, I was home cooking dinner along with my daughters, 5 and 8. I could hear the kids watching tv, and the boys were wandering in and out of the kitchen.

The next thing I know, someone is knocking on my door holding one of my bare-foot, diaper-clad sons. It was one of my neighbors and she had picked him up over a block away going strong. I didn't even know he could open the door, he was around 2 years old, maybe a bit less, and I'm surprised his twin brother didn't go with him.

Stuff happens - all the time - and no one is a perfect parent.

I agree with the man who found the child that it would take a two year old quite some time to walk two miles through the woods. Someone needs to take a very close look at this mother.

Little man was naked and lost? I hate this story.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Odd that this story appears to have appeared only in a "free access local news source."

http://www.newsbarb.com/2013/06/07/what-is-newsbarb/

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'll reserve judgment on the mother until we know more facts. When my twins were young, I was home cooking dinner along with my daughters, 5 and 8. I could hear the kids watching tv, and the boys were wandering in and out of the kitchen.

The next thing I know, someone is knocking on my door holding one of my bare-foot, diaper-clad sons. It was one of my neighbors and she had picked him up over a block away going strong. I didn't even know he could open the door, he was around 2 years old, maybe a bit less, and I'm surprised his twin brother didn't go with him.

Stuff happens - all the time - and no one is a perfect parent.
    I have had similar experiences with my youngest child. Heart attack city. She is now 20, and fortunately knows her way home. Very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Odd that this story appears to have appeared only in a "free access local news source."

http://www.newsbarb.com/2013/06/07/what-is-newsbarb/

I know. I searched Google as well as I knew how after hearing the story, and finally had to ask someone for a link. Others have said it's 'under investigation.'

What I did do was check some of the names to make sure the people were who the article said the were, and they checked out. I also checked some of the other stories and they had been printed elsewhere, so they appear ok. But, I'm still curious about it.
    Still finding nothing on this one, though. Anyone know how to find out more about this?

I agree with everyone. This is a lucky little guy to be found at all. And luckier to be found by a good guy.

This made me cry:

The child was screaming and crying, and Lewellyn described the boy coming to him and reaching up with his arms.
    Last edited by M.James; 08-13-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Guess I should've checked again before replying. It seems the story is finally making it to local stations, Although, I'm not sure how I missed them yesterday:

http://wthitv.com/dpp,
    wbiw.com

Sorry, I'm having trouble with linking, I guess. I typed 'greene sullivan forest into Google and the story came up at newstations.
    Apologies, but some new computer updates are still leaving me guessing on how to do a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, Thank you.

There's also one at wthi. I feel better about believing it now. Heh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast