975 users online (196 members and 779 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    I picked up Joseph Michael Crapser, 16, known as Joey and missing since Feb 28, 2013.

    I can find nothing on him except the missing wsp poster, http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mis...ser_Joseph.pdf but I have found a joey crapser on twitter with a total of 4 tweets. Might be worth a call just in case. Probably nothing but

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,481
    I found a comment on youtube:

    nicholas lippert 11 months ago

    thanks so much for your video i"m gay and proud i am m sixteen i cant think of any other life. your an inspiration. much love to all -nick


    Right age. No other info available on that account, though. It's not a very common name, so I'm hoping that means Kaite/Nicholas is out there somewhere safe if not found - s/he's been missing for longer than 11 months now.

    Kaite has a big social conscience, and was involved in suicide prevention groups as well as gay awareness groups before s/he (I don't know which Kaite would prefer.. so that'll do) went missing.

    Nicholas Lippert
    Missing Since June 25, 2012

    Sex: Male
    Race: White
    DOB: January 19, 1996
    Age at Missing: 16
    Missing From: Edmonds, WA Height: 5’6" (167.64 cm)
    Weight: 160 lbs (72.58 kg) Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown
    Contact Agency: Snohomish County SO
    Phone: (425) 388-3523
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  3. #18
    Unfortunately, there are far more missing children in Washington that are just on that WSP page and in those articles. But not all of those kids on there are Foster kids. Just wanted to make that distinction.

    Check out my Washington's Missing album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3959451&type=3

    Through that Facebook page, I also have an "Adopt a Missing Person" program. Kind of like what you're doing here. Picking a kid, usually in your area, and being their "advocate", so to speak. (Also do it for Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, and BC Canada.)


    I also made a map, a geographical representation of Washington's missing children - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211902822057040633612.0004dec3f2efb4f9ea01 7&msa=0

    Obviously the most recent "runaways" are not on there or I'd be updating the map every 20 minutes. But still, there's 130 kids just in Washington alone on that map.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,305
    I pulled a list from this site, which was updated August 8, 2013: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mischild.php

    They are alphabetic by last name. On the website, there are a 88 total listed including 25 "recovered", leaving 63 children missing. Below is the list of those 63 children compiled from the one website. For a more complete list of children missing in the state of Washington, please see posts by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed.

    Based on the limited information given for each case on the wsp.wa.gov website, 7 of the 63 missing children are in foster care. (There could be more.) I added the word foster next to those 7 children.

    I have the list in an Excel file so it is easy to sort and add/delete. My next step is going to start searching the forum and pasting in links where we already have treads started.

    Name/(nickname)
    Estrella Arevalo Ceja (Star) foster
    Agueda Arias
    Ashley Barbour
    Lindsey J. Baum
    Medina Blackbonnet
    Tahjarae Brown (Ray)
    Lateyce Charles
    Amanda Chavez
    Danica Childs
    Serena Colborn
    Misty Copsey
    Joseph Crapser
    Sammy Creasong
    Kayla Croft-Payne
    Alejandra Davalos
    Mikayla Davis
    Jonathan Epperson
    Kaliyah Farris
    Ronald Frye
    Mickayla Gibson
    Richard L. Haynes Jr. (Cody)
    Paige Hein
    Salina Henry
    Bryce Herda
    Destiny Hicks foster
    Tyler Inman
    Lenoria Jones
    Sofia Juarez
    Ruthie Kindness
    Keymani Kirby
    Jeffrey Klungness
    Faith Lane
    Teekah Lewis
    Nicholas Lippert foster
    Chloe Lusian
    Katya Lyne
    Asia Marquis
    Christopher Merrill
    Sky Metalwala
    Demetrius Miller
    Jasmine-Lee Moore
    Tania Moore
    Laasia Morris
    Clint Nichols
    Kendria Noland-Ramirez
    Jasmin Palmer
    Jordan Parker
    Loukthayoth Phiangdae
    Joseph Pichler
    Chynia Rodgers
    AnnMarie Rold (Annie)
    Jasmine Sajedi
    Rosario Sanchez (Rosie)
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Chinook Sparr (Nook) foster
    Kandi Stigall
    Oscar Torres foster
    Lourdes Villanueva foster
    Darci Warde
    Jesi WhiteAntelope foster
    Atalya White
    Celina Wieberholt
    Shelby Wright
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 08-11-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    I found a comment on youtube:

    nicholas lippert 11 months ago

    thanks so much for your video i"m gay and proud i am m sixteen i cant think of any other life. your an inspiration. much love to all -nick


    Right age. No other info available on that account, though. It's not a very common name, so I'm hoping that means Kaite/Nicholas is out there somewhere safe if not found - s/he's been missing for longer than 11 months now.

    Kaite has a big social conscience, and was involved in suicide prevention groups as well as gay awareness groups before s/he (I don't know which Kaite would prefer.. so that'll do) went missing.

    Nicholas Lippert
    Missing Since June 25, 2012

    Sex: Male
    Race: White
    DOB: January 19, 1996
    Age at Missing: 16
    Missing From: Edmonds, WA Height: 5’6" (167.64 cm)
    Weight: 160 lbs (72.58 kg) Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown
    Contact Agency: Snohomish County SO
    Phone: (425) 388-3523
    I just emailed http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpu.htm about Tahjarae and this might be worth emailing them about this as well. He may be afraid to go home or not think he is wanted etc. or have gotten into trouble since then on his own, i mean danger not trouble. That email addy is good for all the kids in the wsp list.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,481

    Talking

    SheWhoetc, (can I call you that for short? ) - what awesome work! That map is just brilliant. I am sorry to hear there's even more kids... but why are they not -all- listed on the police/missing sites?

    Claire, thank goodness for you! Yes, please, if you could remove the found ones.. Perhaps every now and then we can repost and mark off the ones who've been mentioned already. That'd be handy for people coming into the thread, and for knowing which kids don't have a WS page yet.

    Silky - I can't be sure yet that the comment was from 'our' Nicholas/Kaite, as I think maybe s/he wouldn't sign "nick" if s/he's female identified. Will do a bit more digging before I call anything in.

    Kaite was secretary of her school's "gay/straight alliance", which seems very active and proud. Yet - so little to be found on her disappearance... No news that I've found yet.

    Omg, I need sleep. WS is antidote to zzz's tonight!
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    SheWhoetc, (can I call you that for short? ) - what awesome work! That map is just brilliant. I am sorry to hear there's even more kids... but why are they not -all- listed on the police/missing sites?

    Claire, thank goodness for you! Yes, please, if you could remove the found ones.. Perhaps every now and then we can repost and mark off the ones who've been mentioned already. That'd be handy for people coming into the thread, and for knowing which kids don't have a WS page yet.

    Silky - I can't be sure yet that the comment was from 'our' Nicholas/Kaite, as I think maybe s/he wouldn't sign "nick" if s/he's female identified. Will do a bit more digging before I call anything in.

    Kaite was secretary of her school's "gay/straight alliance", which seems very active and proud. Yet - so little to be found on her disappearance... No news that I've found yet.

    Omg, I need sleep. WS is antidote to zzz's tonight!
    Thanks. And yes you can call me SheWho. To make the map, I actually had to combine several databases. I used NCMEC, NamUs, Charley Project, WSP, and WASPC. (And I know if I were to add the most recent "runaways" it would go up by at least 50.) That's nearly 200 children missing in one state.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Thanks. And yes you can call me SheWho. To make the map, I actually had to combine several databases. I used NCMEC, NamUs, Charley Project, WSP, and WASPC. (And I know if I were to add the most recent "runaways" it would go up by at least 50.) That's nearly 200 children missing in one state.
    Well maybe we can make a dent in some of these. We have to be able to find at least one of them and bring added exposure to others. Then we move on to BC Im Canadian so that would interest me

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,481
    200 is just an insane number, in my mind. That's the -entire population- of my daughter's first grade school!

    I am glad to see that a portion of that number appear to show up safe and sound. What I'm shocked about (apart from the sheer volume of the missing) is that there's so many with little to no media coverage. Like Destiny Rose Hicks, missing -two years- now and there's nothing. Just nothing.
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    the pacific northwest
    Posts
    263
    I would not be suprised at all if some of these missing kids either ran away or escaped from their foster homes and are living on the street with other alike kids, there's tons of "homeless" "street kids" in Seattle, many in the U District and Capital Hill (of course where other young people are).


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,481
    Me either, North.. I have to wonder if some of them would show up as missing at all, if the foster parents hadn't reported them gone. It's SO not safe out there.

    I'd be very surprised if the ones who are on the streets have no 'net access at all, though. I'm really hoping some will show up as activity on FB or Myspace accounts, etc. At least we'd know they're alive, if not where to find them.

    I'll be making missing pages here for my two adoptees so far in the morning (sheesh, it IS the morning now!) or rather, after sleeps. I'm determined to have more than just the missing persons posters to add, though...
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,305
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Thanks. And yes you can call me SheWho. To make the map, I actually had to combine several databases. I used NCMEC, NamUs, Charley Project, WSP, and WASPC. (And I know if I were to add the most recent "runaways" it would go up by at least 50.) That's nearly 200 children missing in one state.
    SheWho, That map and the Facebook pages are outstanding. Great job! It looks like a lot of work went into them. Do you think Washington has an unusual amount of missing children? Or is it in line with the population size for the state? I am generally interested in statistics but have never looked into the statistics on missing children by state.

    Ausgirl, I removed the recovered children from the list upthread and added a note for some that were reported as being in foster care. So what is your plan for the next step?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by northxnorthwest View Post
    I would not be suprised at all if some of these missing kids either ran away or escaped from their foster homes and are living on the street with other alike kids, there's tons of "homeless" "street kids" in Seattle, many in the U District and Capital Hill (of course where other young people are).
    Oh probably, all the more reason to find them, the streets are awfully dangerous for a teen alone with no support, or the support ends up being pimps etc.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,481
    I was thinking - well, what I will be doing is one by one, 'adopting' some kids and putting feelers out for information, msm and otherwise, fb activity on confirmed-ID accounts, etc. Gathering whatever I can over the next couple days and making a WS thread for the ones who haven't got one. Then pick a couple more not already 'adopted' and rinse, repeat.

    That's my plan so far. Feel free to add to it!!!

    Oh - I forgot to add - and bumping threads for those who have one but haven't had any recent posts.
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    SheWho, That map and the Facebook pages are outstanding. Great job! It looks like a lot of work went into them. Do you think Washington has an unusual amount of missing children? Or is it in line with the population size for the state? I am generally interested in statistics but have never looked into the statistics on missing children by state.

    Ausgirl, I removed the recovered children from the list upthread and added a note for some that were reported as being in foster care. So what is your plan for the next step?
    Thank you. Washington certainly does have a high number of missing children. But if you consider the greater Seattle area and number of people there, I suppose it's not TOO surprising. Add in the fact that many serial killers have worked the northwest, especially that same Seattle area and the I5 corridor, and my surprise goes down. Add in the fact that Washington and Oregon are the #1 places in the country for sex-trafficking, and my surprise goes down even more. Are the numbers higher? Maybe a bit, yeah. I don't have any comparison statistics, really. But if they are, I can see a few reasons why that might be.


    Also, from a Moderator perspective () I just wanted to remind you all of the rules of Social Media. Especially since we're working with teenagers here.

    Social Networks

    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

    Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

    The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-14-2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY OK - OKC cop dad accused of sexually abusing foster kids
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 07:00 PM
  2. Found Safe PA - Five missing foster kids, Latrobe, 14 May 2014
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 09:36 AM
  3. DC - 20,000 foster kids adopted so far through website
    By Reader in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 11:51 PM
  4. foster mom to more than 100 kids dies at 46
    By heartfortruth in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
  5. HIV+ Foster kids are guinea pigs
    By Pandora in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 06:46 PM