1263 users online (202 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by northxnorthwest View Post
    I would not be suprised at all if some of these missing kids either ran away or escaped from their foster homes and are living on the street with other alike kids, there's tons of "homeless" "street kids" in Seattle, many in the U District and Capital Hill (of course where other young people are).
    Most definitely.

Some statistics from the National Runaway Safeline - http://www.1800runaway.org/learn/research/third_party/

And here's a link to a major shelter in Seattle that helps homeless teens - http://www.youthcare.org/

Those stats are pretty scary. And sad - especially the ones concerning how they ended up on the streets..

There's some hopeful ones, though:

Reaching Runaway Youth
    In a convenience sample of young homeless adults internet use is fairly high with 46 percent reporting daily access and 93 percent reporting access at least once a week. Most of the youth surveyed accessed the internet from a social service agency (60%) or library (54%).

Just to be clear, when I mentioned FB, it was not for linking and such, just to report if there's been recent activity that might indicate they're alive and well somewhere. If that's okay, that is.

It's just frustrating to find -nothing- on these kids. I'm usually a cold case person - there's always msm, something, even one article to get started on.. here, nothing but the most basic info, not even what circumstances they went missing under, no extra info at all. It's a bit of a 'culture shock' you might say.

Serena Colborn, May 17, 2013 17 has absolutely nothing out there on her that I can find. Zippo.

Lateyce Charles http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mis...es_Lateyce.pdf.

Nothing but a youtube section where she has liked or subscribed to things, the last one two months ago which is after her May disappearance.

I found an obit for a foster father in Washington, with a memorial signed by a Nicholas Lippert on Jan 11, 2011 - same kind of syntax used in the youtube message, so that's a little bit hopeful.

http://www.tributes.com/show/89677172#condolences

I am getting very frustrated with zero information on these children, one just went missing Aug 1 and there is no article, nothing

Unfortunaly, 99% of children deemed "runaways" across the entire country get no media attention. None. Not even if their parents beg for some. There really has to be some "odd circumstances" or the chance that they went to meet someone online, or a direct appeal from LE for information, for media to even consider it. Hundreds of kids run away daily across the country. And how many do we hear about? ..... Yeah. (And if they're foster children? Forget about it.)

Do you think it might be worth opening individual threads for those that do not already have them? Or do you want to keep the discussion here until more information is gathered and then open a thread?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Yup, Claire, that was what I had intended. I'm thinking, maybe gather a bit of info (if there IS any to gather ) first and make a thread for your 'adoptees', or if there's an existing thread here, maybe bump/update it if it's got no recent posts.

Off to bed for me. Back for more sleuthing tomorrow! Thank you, everyone, for caring about these kids and heaps of thanks to those already working hard to keep them in focus and bring them home. <3

Just keep in mind when starting threads for some of these kids...with little to no MSM, and no "subscribe to updates" thing like on NCMEC, there's also no one to update you if they're found. So it'll involve constantly checking WSP to see if they've been found or their thread needs updating.

Thanks, SheWho.

So maybe it's a good idea to just 'adopt' a few at a time.. so that commitment can be made. I'm very willing to follow through but I doubt I could stay consistent with more than 4-5 cases at a time tbh. Perhaps it'd be cool to 'adopt' a few who don't already have thread here.

So far I've got :
    Destiny Rose Hicks
    Nicholas Lippert

I'll pick three more to commit to once I've had my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    Oh probably, all the more reason to find them, the streets are awfully dangerous for a teen alone with no support, or the support ends up being pimps etc.
    Yes exactly! I mean Seattle IMO is a lot safer then other major cities but pimps and people into hard drugs obviously do exist and would try and take advantage of kids and teens with nowhere to go but the street...

Also IMO LE in Seattle basically ignores missing persons cases with teens unless there is some kind of weird circumstances or known dangers, otherwise they chalk it up to "just another runaway kid who's tired of mom and dads rules and wants to party" etc. It's lame and terrible and not all those kids on that list are "just runaways". I've always felt LE could do better because there isn't even that many murders or "gang problems", other violent cases, etc, I feel like they could focus in a bit more. /:

I -reallllyyyy- do not like the mentality of 'just runaways'.

Kids out in the streets, even it's that where they are voluntarily are STILL kids, and placing themselves in danger.

My own child took to running off after her father abandoned her. It was a harrowing, horrible time I am still not quite over, despite she's long past this behaviour now (THANK GOODNESS!) and all's well. The police here were after her, quick-smart, though, and I felt they were doing all they could do to locate her. Mind, if she'd been a few years older, I don't know if they'd have tried so hard.

Having your child go missing even for a few hours or days is the most gut wrenching thing --- and this is why I feel so much for those foster kids without much info, I think. My daughter has a mother who went mad with worry nearly, and didn't rest until she was safe home (even though I knew who she was with, and that she wasn't dead, as she couldn't help contacting me while she was gone.. we are very close, and I am thankful she thought to at least do that) Anyways. A very different picture for many of these 'lost' kids, I think.

But they do have parents out there, and surely some of those parents care what's happened to their babies.

It all makes me so sad. I want to save them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    This is quite an undertaking, Ausgirl. It looks like this article you posted has 66 missing children listed. http://www.kirotv.com/gallery/news/w...gCCpK/#3735530 Is anybody planning to make a master list of the missing children so people don't duplicate efforts?

One of the more recent appears to be Annmarie Rold. Listed as an endangered runaway.
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

We have a thread for her in the Missing Person Information and Support section of the forum, but not a discussion thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...highlight=rold

WA - AnneMarie Rold, 16, Medical Lake, 11 Jul 2013
    DOB: Jan 30, 1997
    Missing: Jul 11, 2013
    Height: 5'5" (165cm)
    Eyes: Blue
    Race: White
    Age Now: 16
    Sex: Female
    Weight: 115lbs (52kg)
    Hair: Blonde
    Missing From:
    MEDICAL LAKE
    WA
    United States

I can't find much more about her.

This is fantastic!! I will do some searching on one of the children after I get home.

This girl is missing from my home town, Medical Lake is a VERY small community. We just moved to Alabama, but I will put this on my Facebook and shoot a few messages out.

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Ausgirl, would you mind marking the names of the "adoptees" on the master list?

I will take 9- 1 for each of my adopted foster children. I'll go back through the names already taken first

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast