GUILTY SD - Jessica Delatorre, 8, raped & murdered, Sioux Falls, 9 April 2005

ariel7

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Reaction score
I'd never even heard of this one. So SAD! I despise these pedophiles!!!!!!!!
Another precious Jessica taken cruelly from this life:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050410/ap_on_re_us/girl_slain

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - A man was arrested Saturday on charges he kidnapped his girlfriend's 8-year-old granddaughter, then raped and killed her, authorities said. Jessica Rae Delatorre's body was found under some trees on a gravel road near Fulton, about 70 miles west of Sioux Falls, authorities said. Police said the suspect, Murray James Jones, 41, led them to the body.

More at link...

Prayers for the comfort of this broken family and JUSTICE for JESSICA!

With love for you all, dear WS,

Ariel

I saw this on my news page this morning :( I cannot find whether this man was a sex offender or not. When I went to the SD sex offender database it was no help at all :razz:

The South Dakota Attorney General's Office is prohibited by state law from effectively identifying any registered sex offenders.

Let me tell you, that needs to change!!

God this is so sad...how many does that make this year?? Jessica, Jetseta and now another Jessica!!

:sick:

Isn't Megan's Law nationwide? Don't they HAVE to effictively identify registered sex offenders?

The people of this state need to ban together and get their lawmakers to get with the program!

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Isn't Megan's Law nationwide? Don't they HAVE to effictively identify registered sex offenders?

The people of this state need to ban together and get their lawmakers to get with the program!

JMHO
fran
Fran, if I'm not mistaken each state can decide HOW it wants to use Megan's law. They are not required to publish lists of offenders...if I understand it correctly. Offenders are just require to register, what the state does with that info is up to them. This is why I think we need a NATIONAL database and registration requirements that are the same across the board for all states.

IF that was my daughter I would take that guy out myself!

These men are not even human, I think they should be PUT DOWN just like the RABID ANIMALS that they are!!!!
Can we have that written into law??
:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Brie, I know just how you feel.

Lady Eowyn: Thank you for the link. What a beautiful
child.:(

prayers for all,
love you guys,

((hugs))

Ariel :(

What a beautiful little girl....aren't they all. Just kills me. I swear it happens every week. So darn sad. How does a person live with that horror?

The grandmother was keeping the kids overnight but she wasn't there until 8 the next morning???? I guess she trusted her boyfriend to watch the kids.
Nothing against men...well the is questionable...but I learned my lesson about leaving kids with a male babysitter when my kids were young. I had a best friend's 16 yr old son watch my 3 oldest kids...10, 9, and 8 yrs. He molested my two girls...8 and 9 yrs. After that I would never have left the kids with a male of any age except their dad.

Bobbisangel said:
What a beautiful little girl....aren't they all. Just kills me. I swear it happens every week. So darn sad. How does a person live with that horror?

The grandmother was keeping the kids overnight but she wasn't there until 8 the next morning???? I guess she trusted her boyfriend to watch the kids.
Nothing against men...well the is questionable...but I learned my lesson about leaving kids with a male babysitter when my kids were young. I had a best friend's 16 yr old son watch my 3 oldest kids...10, 9, and 8 yrs. He molested my two girls...8 and 9 yrs. After that I would never have left the kids with a male of any age except their dad.

Bobbisangel,
SO SORRY to hear about what your little girls went through. I'd not
trust my children with anyone either.

And I so agree: they are ALL beautiful to me...I only wish that the ones that
aren't quite so pretty in the world's eyes woul dget some media attention,too.
It breaks my heart...
Talking to Lanie the other day...and hearing the missing stats
..what a sick feeling.

Love and prayers,

"Ariel"

Suspect in Delatorre's murder has first court appearance

published: 04/11/05

The man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Jessica Rae DeLaTorre is being held in the Minnehaha County Jail without bond after making his first court appearance today.

Autopsy reveals blunt force trauma

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - An 8-year-old Sioux Falls girl who police said was raped, killed and abandoned in rural Hanson County died of multiple incidents of blunt force trauma, a preliminary autopsy has found.

Murray James Jones, 41, is being held on charges of kidnapping, first-degree rape and first-degree murder.

Jessica's funeral

he was friendly, outgoing and a bit of a tomboy. Jessica DeLaTorre was also an eight-year-old girl who loved cats, playing games and cooking with her grandmother. But Thursday night all her family has left of her are those memories. Thursday the eight-year-old, who was kidnapped, raped and murdered over the weekend, was laid to rest. It was an emotional funeral that tugged at the heart strings of the nearly 300 people at the service.

How many funerals will we have to have this year for children murdered this way? :(

lady-eowyn said:
I saw this on my news page this morning :( I cannot find whether this man was a sex offender or not. When I went to the SD sex offender database it was no help at all :razz:

The South Dakota Attorney General's Office is prohibited by state law from effectively identifying any registered sex offenders.

God this is so sad...how many does that make this year?? Jessica, Jetseta and now another Jessica!!

I totally agree! Some laws need to be federally regulated, not by state. Too easy to bypass!!
Justice for the victims!

Some details are in this article (I am editing this because this is a very detailed article and maybe tough for some to read, it was for me)

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050416/NEWS/504160323/1001

The man accused of murdering Jessica Rae DeLaTorre admitted to detectives that he raped, choked and beat the 8-year-old Sioux Falls girl, according to court papers.

In the documents, filed this week in Minnehaha County Circuit Court, Murray James Jones, 41, recounts for police the events leading up to the discovery of Jessica's body April 9 at an abandoned farm near Fulton, about 65 miles west of Sioux Falls.

"I did the wrong thing," Jones told a detective when informed that clothes belonging to Jessica had been found in a trash bin near his house.

Jones said he had put his hands around Jessica's neck, according to the court papers. When she started making noise, he "lost it" and began to hit and kick her all about the body, including the neck, the records show.

Preliminary autopsy results indicated Jessica died of "multiple incidents of blunt force trauma." The autopsy also found evidence of sexual assault.

Jones is charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and first-degree rape. He is being held without bond in the Minnehaha County Jail.

Jones is the boyfriend of Jessica's grandmother, Norma Carver. The two have lived together for two years at 204 N. Primose Place.

read the rest here:
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050416/NEWS/504160323/1001

MistyGirl said:
Some details are in this article: http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050416/NEWS/504160323/1001

The man accused of murdering Jessica Rae DeLaTorre admitted to detectives that he raped, choked and beat the 8-year-old Sioux Falls girl, according to court papers.

In the documents, filed this week in Minnehaha County Circuit Court, Murray James Jones, 41, recounts for police the events leading up to the discovery of Jessica's body April 9 at an abandoned farm near Fulton, about 65 miles west of Sioux Falls.

"I did the wrong thing," Jones told a detective when informed that clothes belonging to Jessica had been found in a trash bin near his house.

Jones said he had put his hands around Jessica's neck, according to the court papers. When she started making noise, he "lost it" and began to hit and kick her all about the body, including the neck, the records show.

Preliminary autopsy results indicated Jessica died of "multiple incidents of blunt force trauma." The autopsy also found evidence of sexual assault.

Jones is charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and first-degree rape. He is being held without bond in the Minnehaha County Jail.

Jones is the boyfriend of Jessica's grandmother, Norma Carver. The two have lived together for two years at 204 N. Primose Place.

read the rest here:

This is absolutely heartreaking. I wish I had not read this. This poor child and what she went through. I am just crying my eyes out.

kk's mom said:
This is absolutely heartreaking. I wish I had not read this. This poor child and what she went through. I am just crying my eyes out.
I know.....I am sorry............ I posted the link before reading the article all the way through, had I read it all 1st before posting I would have made a note in my post that it was very detailed and may be tough to read (I will go back and see if I can add a note). I too was crying and evertime I think about her I start to cry.

We need justice for our children.

This is unbearable to think about. I can't even put my feelings into words right now. Between the news on Jessica Lunsford tonight, and what this little angel endured, I am honestly beginning to have trouble coping. This is dreadful. These children - all of them - are gifts to all of us. Not just my kids, all kids are beautiful to me. There is a spot in my heart for every child. I just don't understand how this can happen. God bless this child, all of those who should still have her light in their lives, and all of the professionals that have to deal with these horror stories head-on. God, something's gotta' change.

lady-eowyn said:

O'Riley should hear about this...like him or not...he will put the pressure on South Dakota! Hell, email Nancy Grace also!

richandfamous said:
Here he is Murray James Jones
"I am a bad person; I did the wrong thing."

what a creep!
evil!

Oh man, is he frightening looking!!!!

I'm sorry for avoiding this thread for so long y'all....these
crimes are very hard for me to bear...oh, how awful for
her family and little friends...what a sweetie.
She is safe now, but everyone else must go on...without
her and with the awful thoughts of her last moments.
Prayers for them.

with much love,

Ariel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member