1168 users online (224 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Steven ?, Sydney, March 2005

This probably won't mean alot to most of you but it was a case close to my heart - I have an Australian missing persons website - www.supernerd.com.au/~glittercot
    and this young man was top of my NSW Missing Persons list. Steven was missing for just over a month and I have been trying to help his mother and best friend through this very hard time (although I don't know them). Today I found out that Steven's body was found on the weekend, he suicided, jumped from a waterfall in Mountains west of Sydney. I'm so sad.....but also glad the not knowing is over for the family as they have been through an incredibly traumatic month of waiting. God Bless Steven, rest in peace.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=23267

Quote Originally Posted by nicbok
    This probably won't mean alot to most of you but it was a case close to my heart - I have an Australian missing persons website - www.supernerd.com.au/~glittercot
    and this young man was top of my NSW Missing Persons list. Steven was missing for just over a month and I have been trying to help his mother and best friend through this very hard time (although I don't know them). Today I found out that Steven's body was found on the weekend, he suicided, jumped from a waterfall in Mountains west of Sydney. I'm so sad.....but also glad the not knowing is over for the family as they have been through an incredibly traumatic month of waiting. God Bless Steven, rest in peace.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=23267

Do they know for sure that it was a suicide? Couldn't someone have pushed him from the waterfall? How sad. Seens like the lose of young people never ends doesn't it.

His best friend told me that he'd been feeling suicidal before he left, he lived in Sydney and was found a few hundred kms away but the Blue Mountains is a fairly "popular" suicide spot, it's very isolated and has a great many tall cliffs and mountains and waterfalls. He made a call from his mobile the day after he disappeared that police traced to the Mountains but I'm not sure who he called. It's possible that he fell instead of jumped, but I think that if he let people know he was suicidal that's probably what happened. We actually honeymooned in the Blue Mountains so I know that area fairly well, I was constantly terrified my husband was going to fall somewhere as he'd climb out for a better photo etc.
    Yes, it's so tragic, if only he'd reached out, if only he knew how incredibly he was loved. If only.