1294 users online (234 members and 1060 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Man draws gun, threatens eight-months-pregnant smoker

Armed man gets 20 days for threatening pregnant smoker. (Bellingham Herald)
    BELLINGHAM - A Sudden Valley man must serve 20 days of jail time for threatening a pregnant woman because she was smoking a cigarette.

Justin Dain Palmer, 25, pulled over his blue Dodge pickup truck to confront the smoking woman around noon Sept. 12, 2012.
    ---
    Through the open passenger window, Palmer yelled something to the effect of, "Who the heck smokes when they're pregnant?"

"Obviously," the woman replied, "I do." She was eight months pregnant at the time.

In the heated exchange that followed, he called the woman a "white trash" prostitute, and told her she "better put the smoke out now," according to charging documents.
    ---
    She ignored him and kept walking. Then, the woman told police, Palmer pulled out a handgun and pointed it at her from a distance of about 10 feet.
    ---
    the rest at link above
    Last edited by wfgodot; 08-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Good grief
    Praying for Jason.
    Find Beaner!
    Where is Kayla Berg?
    Justice for Stephanie Low, 9-22-14 RIP Stephanie

Well he deserves more than 20 days IMO.

Who is he to judge someone else's life choices. I doubt he would like it if someone came up to him and said 'who drives a stupid azz truck like this and pulled a gun on him

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

How scary. Twenty days doesn't seem very long for doing such a thing. I once had a man start something with me for tossing a butt out the car window because my husband would have had a fit over smoking in the vehicle if I'd left evidence in the ashtray. I retorted back about his dog hanging out the window unsafely and slobbering all over. Men need to leave women alone and mind their own business because they're probably doing worse things.

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post

Who is he to judge someone else's life choices. I doubt he would like it if someone came up to him and said 'who drives a stupid azz truck like this and pulled a gun on him

While I absolutely would never pull a gun on anyone (and I'm in no way defending his actions) I would judge too. Probably silently but ,yes, I'd be judging a pregnant woman for smoking.

While I agree with him on the smoking while pregnant....it's quite ridiculous that he thinks its okay to threaten her and the baby with a gun.

He is upset she's putting the baby in harms way, and then does it! DUH!

he deserves way more than 20 days
    he can't control his rage over a total stranger's bad habit
    we'll be reading about him murdering someone in the future and it'll be a minor neighbour disbute or a road rage incident IMO

I like being old enough to remember what it was like before everybody became everybody else's police.

Years ago I worked in a cigar store and we also carried a variety of English and European brand cigarettes. One day a young couple came in, the woman of which was European and quite pregnant. She asked if we carried some Euro brand, can't remember which, but we did and she bought a pack. They left and she immediately lit up in front of the store windows. I remember my co-worker shook her head and said, "That really makes me mad." I told her that in Europe it's not as taboo to drink or smoke when pregnant so give her a break, but looking back on it, what I really should have said is, "why?, what has she done to you?" If she had said, "Seeing a pregnant woman smoke makes me worry about the health of the baby," I could get with that. But mad? Get a life.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

O/t but Schuby I loooove your sig!

And yeah, this azz needs more than 20 days. Wth?!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Thanks!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post

Smoking is not good during pregnancy. I don't see why one can't judge. I can judge somebody else bad choices.
    Of course pulling a gun is going overboard.
    But there is a lot of information on smoking and pregnancy. It is harmful to the fetus.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-smok...aby_1405720.bc
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Smoking is not good during pregnancy. I don't see why one can't judge. I can judge somebody else bad choices.
    Of course pulling a gun is going overboard.
    But there is a lot of information on smoking and pregnancy. It is harmful to the fetus.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-smok...aby_1405720.bc
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that smoking while pregnant is medically desirable.
    Last edited by Schuby; 08-13-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Missed word

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    he deserves way more than 20 days
    he can't control his rage over a total stranger's bad habit
    we'll be reading about him murdering someone in the future and it'll be a minor neighbour disbute or a road rage incident IMO
    Or domestic violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuby View Post
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that smoking while pregnant is medically desirable.
    Yea, we are just arguing that nobody should be able to judge someone who smokes while pregnant.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast