1052 users online (226 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Victim: Samantha Clarke, 19, missing from Orange County VA, Sept 2010 -- Link??

Suspect Connected to the Samantha Clarke Case
    Posted: Aug 12, 2013 10:55 PM CST

Samantha Clarke's disappearance from Orange County has so much in common with Alexis Murphy's case, that Orange County investigators were in Nelson County Monday.
    The common denominator in both cases is Randy Taylor.
    Living in the shadow: As Samantha Clarke's family mourns, a suspect claims police harassment
    By Courteney Stuart | stuart@readthehook.com
    Published online 10:04am Thursday Oct 25th, 2012
    and in print issue #1143 dated Thursday Oct 25th, 2012

Every day brings fresh torment for Barbara Tinder.
    "I keep expecting her to walk in the door," says the 37-year-old town of Orange resident, who has spent the last two years anguished over the disappearance of her teenaged daughter, Samantha Clarke, who was last seen in September 2010.

Randy Allen Taylor, 2012

Meanwhile, Samantha's disappearance has devastated another person's life. 47-year-old Randy Allen Taylor claims police have singled him out as a suspect in Samantha's disappearance, and have harassed him by planting evidence and illegally tracking his whereabouts with GPS technology, even though he's told them he hardly knew her.
    "The case needs to be solved," says Taylor, "but the way they're going about it is ridiculous."
    Much more at the link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Samantha Clarke's thread in Missing but Not Forgotten

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...amantha+clarke
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Samantha Ann Clarke went missing from the Town of Orange, Virginia, in the very late hours of September 13, 2010 or the very early hours of September 14, 2010. Her last words to her brother were "I'll be back." She never returned.

The Town of Orange Police Department is actively investigating her disappearance. While we join with the citizens of the Commonwealth in praying for the safe return of Alexis Murphy, both the Office of the Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney and the Town of Orange Police Department welcome the renewed public attention to Ms. Clarke's disappearance.

Town of Orange investigators are assisting in the Murphy investigation in an effort to coordinate efforts and share whatever information they have to which may be helpful. Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney Diana H. Wheeler stated, "As Randy Taylor is someone that Samantha spoke with immediately prior to her disappearance, he remains someone we are very interested in learning more about."

This is an active on-going investigation. While we are unable to give specific information, we assure the public that local law enforcement has not forgotten about Samantha. Attached are two photographs of Samantha. She is 5'4" and 145 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes.

Samantha has long hair, but usually wears it up. She has multiple tattoos, including a pink Playboy Bunny on her right arm, "Tigger" above her right ankle, "Lucky" above her left ankle and a design with two dolphins on her lower back. Samantha wears glasses. Her ears have multiple piercings including a "bar" on her right ear. Her right nostril, right eyebrow and tongue are pierced.

We urge anyone with any information to please come forward and contact the Town of Orange Police Department at (540) 672-1491 or Orange County CrimeSolvers at (540) 672-7200.

Samantha Clarke
    Randy Taylor, Suspect In Alexis Murphy Disappearance, Is Person Of Interest In Another Disappearance
    Posted: 08/13/2013 6:29 pm EDT | Updated: 08/13/2013 6:57 pm EDT
    by David Lohr
    The Huffington Post
    According to Orange County commonwealth's attorney Diane Wheeler, Randy Taylor is the last person to have contact with Samantha Clarke, a 19-year-old who disappeared three years ago.
    "The investigation is still continuing and he remains a person of interest to us," Wheeler told The Huffington Post.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Suspect in Murphy Case Has Touched At Least One Other Missing Teen Case
    By: Jessica Cunnington - Email
    Updated: Mon 8:35 PM, Aug 12, 2013
    August 12, 2013
    "You always want to look at those connections because you never know where your investigation will take you so law enforcement agencies do try to keep eachother in contact about developments like this so everyone can sort of look at their own case again," said Diana Wheeler, the Commonwealth's Attorney in Orange County.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I think its obvious RAT is connected to this one.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Did Samatha have a car? If not, when she told her brother she'd be back and left, I wonder if she left on foot or a vehicle (maybe RAT's picked her up). Just wondering if he picked her up or asked her to meet him somewhere.
    I can't find any info on a car on Samantha's NAMUS page, so I'm assuming she didn't have a car.

Sam's NAMUS page:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11591/0/
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Orange County Commonwealth’s Attorney Diana Wheeler said Thursday that Randy Allen Taylor has always been a “person of interest” in the 2010 disappearance of 19-year-old Samantha Clarke. She said when she heard Taylor was charged in the Murphy case, her initial reaction was “I knew it.” Wheeler says she hopes the latest development provides a break in the Clarke case.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/local/la...3b2_story.html

Coming up on ABC 13 News at 5, I am clearing up a rumor about the Samantha Clarke investigation and that GPS device that was planted on Taylor's car.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    Coming up on ABC 13 News at 5, I am clearing up a rumor about the Samantha Clarke investigation and that GPS device that was planted on Taylor's car.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13
    Let us know if they say anything interesting. I am on a business trip and can't watch
    "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Bsublime View Post
    Let us know if they say anything interesting. I am on a business trip and can't watch
    http://www.wset.com/story/23222315/s...y-taylors-past

Everything we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post

Do we know how in depth the other 2 young guys were interrogated by the cops? It seems like there was nothing on this case until the Hook article came out.

It's difficult to find much information about Samantha. From what I recall, her and her mother had been at a bar right before she disappeared. They met some guys at the bar, and one even came home with them and spent the night. Now, the two guys worked with RAT, but whether RAT had ever been to her home, or even knew where it was... I don't know!!! Nothing that I could find stated he even knew where she lived. He called her several times, from long distance. Soooo if the call was long distance, how does that place him in the area at the time she left???? Can't figure that one out yet. IMO, it would appear the other two guys needed heavy questioning because they DID know where she lived. They searched a lake at least 10 times that was where RAT had a camper at the time. Probably same camper he was living in before being arrested. Otherwise, not even sure where else they searched.... So much missing.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Yeah I heard the bar story but thats about it. Nothing further.....so odd!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast