Victim: Samantha Clarke, 19, missing from Orange County VA, Sept 2010 -- Link??

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Suspect Connected to the Samantha Clarke Case
Posted: Aug 12, 2013 10:55 PM CST

Samantha Clarke's disappearance from Orange County has so much in common with Alexis Murphy's case, that Orange County investigators were in Nelson County Monday.
The common denominator in both cases is Randy Taylor.
Living in the shadow: As Samantha Clarke's family mourns, a suspect claims police harassment
By Courteney Stuart | stuart@readthehook.com
Published online 10:04am Thursday Oct 25th, 2012
and in print issue #1143 dated Thursday Oct 25th, 2012

Every day brings fresh torment for Barbara Tinder.
"I keep expecting her to walk in the door," says the 37-year-old town of Orange resident, who has spent the last two years anguished over the disappearance of her teenaged daughter, Samantha Clarke, who was last seen in September 2010.

cover-clarke-randy-taylor.jpg

Randy Allen Taylor, 2012

Meanwhile, Samantha's disappearance has devastated another person's life. 47-year-old Randy Allen Taylor claims police have singled him out as a suspect in Samantha's disappearance, and have harassed him by planting evidence and illegally tracking his whereabouts with GPS technology, even though he's told them he hardly knew her.
"The case needs to be solved," says Taylor, "but the way they're going about it is ridiculous."
Much more at the link

Samantha Ann Clarke went missing from the Town of Orange, Virginia, in the very late hours of September 13, 2010 or the very early hours of September 14, 2010. Her last words to her brother were "I'll be back." She never returned.

The Town of Orange Police Department is actively investigating her disappearance. While we join with the citizens of the Commonwealth in praying for the safe return of Alexis Murphy, both the Office of the Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney and the Town of Orange Police Department welcome the renewed public attention to Ms. Clarke's disappearance.

Town of Orange investigators are assisting in the Murphy investigation in an effort to coordinate efforts and share whatever information they have to which may be helpful. Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney Diana H. Wheeler stated, "As Randy Taylor is someone that Samantha spoke with immediately prior to her disappearance, he remains someone we are very interested in learning more about."

This is an active on-going investigation. While we are unable to give specific information, we assure the public that local law enforcement has not forgotten about Samantha. Attached are two photographs of Samantha. She is 5'4" and 145 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes.

Samantha has long hair, but usually wears it up. She has multiple tattoos, including a pink Playboy Bunny on her right arm, "Tigger" above her right ankle, "Lucky" above her left ankle and a design with two dolphins on her lower back. Samantha wears glasses. Her ears have multiple piercings including a "bar" on her right ear. Her right nostril, right eyebrow and tongue are pierced.

We urge anyone with any information to please come forward and contact the Town of Orange Police Department at (540) 672-1491 or Orange County CrimeSolvers at (540) 672-7200.
cgwi.jpg
euf0.jpg

Samantha Clarke
Randy Taylor, Suspect In Alexis Murphy Disappearance, Is Person Of Interest In Another Disappearance
Posted: 08/13/2013 6:29 pm EDT | Updated: 08/13/2013 6:57 pm EDT
by David Lohr
The Huffington Post
According to Orange County commonwealth's attorney Diane Wheeler, Randy Taylor is the last person to have contact with Samantha Clarke, a 19-year-old who disappeared three years ago.
"The investigation is still continuing and he remains a person of interest to us," Wheeler told The Huffington Post.

Suspect in Murphy Case Has Touched At Least One Other Missing Teen Case
By: Jessica Cunnington - Email
Updated: Mon 8:35 PM, Aug 12, 2013
August 12, 2013
"You always want to look at those connections because you never know where your investigation will take you so law enforcement agencies do try to keep eachother in contact about developments like this so everyone can sort of look at their own case again," said Diana Wheeler, the Commonwealth's Attorney in Orange County.

Did Samatha have a car? If not, when she told her brother she'd be back and left, I wonder if she left on foot or a vehicle (maybe RAT's picked her up). Just wondering if he picked her up or asked her to meet him somewhere.
I can't find any info on a car on Samantha's NAMUS page, so I'm assuming she didn't have a car.

Sam's NAMUS page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11591/0/

Do we know how in depth the other 2 young guys were interrogated by the cops? It seems like there was nothing on this case until the Hook article came out.

It's difficult to find much information about Samantha. From what I recall, her and her mother had been at a bar right before she disappeared. They met some guys at the bar, and one even came home with them and spent the night. Now, the two guys worked with RAT, but whether RAT had ever been to her home, or even knew where it was... I don't know!!! Nothing that I could find stated he even knew where she lived. He called her several times, from long distance. Soooo if the call was long distance, how does that place him in the area at the time she left???? Can't figure that one out yet. IMO, it would appear the other two guys needed heavy questioning because they DID know where she lived. They searched a lake at least 10 times that was where RAT had a camper at the time. Probably same camper he was living in before being arrested. Otherwise, not even sure where else they searched.... So much missing.

Yeah I heard the bar story but thats about it. Nothing further.....so odd!

Long distance would be any phone number outside of the local area code. The mother had the cellphone so he was calling the home phone/landline.

Long distance would be any phone number outside of the local area code. The mother had the cellphone so he was calling the home phone/landline.

I believe the landline only had local calling. I think, but am not sure, that RAT had a cell phone because he had texted the cell phone which was in the mom's possession.

ETA: Here is the information concerning the text:

He asked the first young man for Samantha's number, and says he sent a text message to the cell phone number the man provided. (Those texts were received by Tinder, who had the phone at work, and didn't respond.) Taylor says he next tried the home number. Samantha answered.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

I believe the landline only had local calling. I think, but am not sure, that RAT had a cell phone because he had texted the cell phone which was in the mom's possession.

ETA: Here is the information concerning the text:

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

long distance wouldn't necessarily be out of the area code or far away.... especially if she only had a local calling plan... I'll give an example... it takes me maybe 15 minutes to drive to my mom's house, but on the local calling plan it is considered non-local (even though we have the same area code) and therefore you either cant call it or you have to pay long distance fees to call it... it's one of the reasons we got rid of our land line and opted just to use our cell phones... which brings me to my other point/clarification... I bought my cell phone in Madison Heights, Va at the Walmart... but the phone number assigned to it is a Charlottesville number... so even though I live an hour away from Charlottesville, that's what I got... so if someone where I lived only had a local land line, they wouldn't be able to call me on my cell phone even if I was standing right next to them at the time... Maybe samantha couldnt call RAT's cell because it was considered long distance, and yet he could have been right outside her house.... also, I thought in another article it stated that Samantha was supposed to meet RAT that night to ride along on a car repo... I know I read that in an article, but I have no idea which one... anyway, all of this is just FYI and MOO :)

long distance wouldn't necessarily be out of the area code or far away.... especially if she only had a local calling plan... I'll give an example... it takes me maybe 15 minutes to drive to my mom's house, but on the local calling plan it is considered non-local (even though we have the same area code) and therefore you either cant call it or you have to pay long distance fees to call it... it's one of the reasons we got rid of our land line and opted just to use our cell phones... which brings me to my other point/clarification... I bought my cell phone in Madison Heights, Va at the Walmart... but the phone number assigned to it is a Charlottesville number... so even though I live an hour away from Charlottesville, that's what I got... so if someone where I lived only had a local land line, they wouldn't be able to call me on my cell phone even if I was standing right next to them at the time... Maybe samantha couldnt call RAT's cell because it was considered long distance, and yet he could have been right outside her house.... also, I thought in another article it stated that Samantha was supposed to meet RAT that night to ride along on a car repo... I know I read that in an article, but I have no idea which one... anyway, all of this is just FYI and MOO :)

You are correct on all counts.

I believe in the article I linked it says RAT's area code on his cell phone was different from Samantha's landline area code making it long distance but that doesn't mean RAT wasn't near her home. He could have been in a car outside.

I don't think it was the night Samantha disappeared the repo ride was to take place - it had taken place earlier and one of the young men she met in the bar asked her to come along - RAT was also among the group on the repo ride.

You are correct on all counts.

I believe in the article I linked it says RAT's area code on his cell phone was different from Samantha's landline area code making it long distance but that doesn't mean RAT wasn't near her home. He could have been in a car outside.

I don't think it was the night Samantha disappeared the repo ride was to take place - it had taken place earlier and one of the young men she met in the bar asked her to come along - RAT was also among the group on the repo ride.

No your article did say she had plans to go out again that night with them. Im pretty sure because when you posted it this week I learned a few things I didnt know. Like, she had just met these guys (including RAT) a few days before her disappearance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back