Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
17-year-old Alexis Murphy was last seen at approximately 7:15 pm on Saturday, August 3. Her car was found abandoned a few days later. Alexis is still missing.

alexis-murphy-2.jpg
alexissurv1_296.jpg
alexsurv2_296.png

Randy Allen Taylor has been arrested and charged with the abduction of Alexis. If you've seen him or his truck in the last week, please call the tip line.

BReUHAOCUAAsG1P.jpg:large
23111299_BG3.jpg

Anyone with any information on Alexis Murphy or Randy Taylor is asked to call the the Nelson County Sheriff's Office tip line at 434-263-7050.

Case Map - http://goo.gl/maps/zJRgO

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed. Unless the minors are the victims, please do not post their name, only their initials.

Thanks.

Please continue here in the new sub-forum.

I don't believe RAT acted by himself. If so, I think AM could have fought back easier. I think it was at least 2 men, which would explain a lot. I read somewhere earlier last week where someone who claims to be physic said that AM was dragged into a truck by 2 men. I don't usually believe is physics, but in this case it sounds possible.

I also think the sex trafficking part is a possibility. This is something that I constantly research. However, I feel that if LE expected that they would not be searching w/ shovels and stuff. I remain hopefully that AM is alive!! My heart is so wrapped in this case that I feel like she's my sister or something!

Pray for AM and RAT! AM need to be found and RAT needs some serious help, along with Jesus! Someone has information out there! Someone that is probably reading all these post... Please speak up! This family deserves peace!

Praying for you AM!!!

RAT's tat is of an evil daffy duck, thanks.

Bc on Nancy Grace, they showed the tattoo. It's an evil daffy duck.

Ok I'm done.

:bangs head:

I can't copy and paste from an old thread...but it was post #620 on thread #2" a tweet from Bedford saying LE does not believe Alexis to be alive.

I can't copy and paste from an old thread...but it was post #620 on thread #2" a tweet from Bedford saying LE does not believe Alexis to be alive.

Thanks and yes I saw that when they tweeted it. Although they did some decent inside reporting they had the name wrong in the beginning as, "Randolph Taylor" but they had everything else right. I guess they have an insider but it was definitely unprofessional to release that information like they did. IMHO. However, we can't rule out the possibility she isn't alive. If he is a drug addict then he must have a dealer? Who is the dealer? I know people want to peg him to the RT.29 stalker but I would rather him just be a human trafficker to allow AM and SC to be alive. Again, JMO.

There have been a lot of missing persons cases on this site, and sex trafficking comes up every time. I have yet to see a case where it turned out that someone was sold into sex trafficking. Certainly, RAT isn't running a secret brothel. And sex traffickers probably use their own inside people to nab girls. It's unlikely that they would approach some bumpkin from rural Virginia. I believe this is what it seems like. I hate to say that. Because it means that Alexis is probably not with us.

Does anyone have the full address handy for 'Hearts corner' that RAT was at when he was at the centre of the SC investigation? TIA

I guess he just looks too much like my stereotypical sexual predator/murderer, for me to believe she is alive...JMO

Also, the types of places LE seems to expect to find her.

I guess he just looks too much like my stereotypical sexual predator/murderer, for me to believe she is alive...JMO

To be fair, I am realistic about her chances (sorry), I just have a weird memory for detail and didn't remember LE saying that. I did remember being surprised that they used vaguely optimistic wording at the presser about trying to find her.

I think he looks more like a person on crack or meth. I always thought SK tend to take on a "nice guy" persona/look to lure their victims in. Clean shaven, well dressed, usually highly intelligent. The way RAT looks he would surely scare them away. Again, JMO.

Whenever we hear of an AM search from LE, it's usually focused on the wooded areas. It's looking more and more like that's the case every day.

If she was murdered, I really don't think they will find her in Nelson Co. Just a hunch.

trying to get caught up - i apologize now if i say anything that's redundant. The other tattoo that was mentioned in the previous thread looks like a terribly drawn homer simpson imo. i also believe he got his tattoos as a way to look so obvious that he can't possibly be the guy they are looking for - since neck tats would be visible and brought up in sketches. I have always felt that whomever did this to Alexis worked with someone else. The logistics just don't make much sense otherwise. The question is - did he have an accomplice and if so, could this be the other man in the sketches for the Route 29 stalker? I do believe ONE of the sketches to be him though.

This entire thing reminds me of the speed freak killers plus Texas Chainsaw massacre (the MO is almost identical right down to the damn "your car has problems" aspect).

I do not feel it has anything what so ever to do with drugs or sex trafficking. I work diligently with a sex worker outreach program and I myself am a sex worker. It's not as common place as media makes it out to be. It's more common that young girls get involved with pimps who typically are "step-dad" or an uncle/cousin type. It's so very very rare that women are stolen and sold off - at least here in the US (it's very common in India though). the media likes to hype things up and really not detail it to explain what their version of trafficking humans entails. It's normally a pimp operation and again, young girls they knew very well (often having pimped out the girls mothers or sisters, sometimes both. Which is why they are never reported missing.). unless the girl is eastern european though. I cannot see RAT being sophisticated enough to work as a human smuggler. No way no how. remember that most girls that are trafficked are also used as drug mules, she doesn't fit into this either. She's not *that young*. The avg trafficked US girl is 12-14, when they have zero life experience and have no real trust issues. she's too visible, to well known and easy to spot out in public. people that are in the business of selling humans typically want someone very young and very naive and also won't be missed - who's looks they can change up.

This case is so freaking confusing and odd that it only makes sense there is another adult male involved in whatever happened to her. My feelings have always been that someone knew her well enough to know where she worked and parked her car there for a reason.
If you add in another person, it makes it easier to assume that RAT was the "bait" (if you will) and another person over powered her aka car jacked her. it all comes down to the car being at the movie theater. I really believe that holds the biggest key.

I think he looks more like a person on crack or meth. I always thought SK tend to take on a "nice guy" persona/look to lure their victims in. Clean shaven, well dressed, usually highly intelligent. The way RAT looks he would surely scare them away. Again, JMO.

I totally agree with you. But I want to point out that long term opiate (pain pills and heroin) abuse will make someone look that way too. He has that ashy grey skin tone that I often see in addicts who abuse pills. Plus look at his pupils. You can quickly lose your teeth to pill abuse because you don't create enough saliva and bacteria just sits on the teeth causing decay (and you're nodding out too much to care about brushing them or even bathing). He is an addict of some kind, no one can ever convince me otherwise.

he doesn't look like a social charmer or even someone anyone would trust (Hell, I wouldn't even buy drugs from him - he looks like he would use his supply and everyone knows that a lousy dealer is one that's dabbling). Another reason I think he has help and may even be a tool in the operation of some sort. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely agreeing with you and by no means do I think he's some sort of martyr or innocent. this entire thing is turning more confusing and creepy by the second.

I don't believe RAT acted by himself. If so, I think AM could have fought back easier. I think it was at least 2 men, which would explain a lot. I read somewhere earlier last week where someone who claims to be physic said that AM was dragged into a truck by 2 men. I don't usually believe is physics, but in this case it sounds possible.

I also think the sex trafficking part is a possibility. This is something that I constantly research. However, I feel that if LE expected that they would not be searching w/ shovels and stuff. I remain hopefully that AM is alive!! My heart is so wrapped in this case that I feel like she's my sister or something!

Pray for AM and RAT! AM need to be found and RAT needs some serious help, along with Jesus! Someone has information out there! Someone that is probably reading all these post... Please speak up! This family deserves peace!

Praying for you AM!!!

There seem to be a bunch of men surrounding the 2010 disappearance up Orange county way too. It shakes me to my corps to think about this, that there are multiples. Yet, at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me. Humans are social beings and even if they're not interacting with the normal bunch you would think (friends, family, coworkers), they're interacting with somebody. I'm not sure about the sex trafficking though. That pays and this creep seems like he was on the subsistence level. I don't think this sicko is that enterprising. If he has a Dracula tattoo on his body, this is someone who is overtly announcing his desire to destroy life.

There have been a lot of missing persons cases on this site, and sex trafficking comes up every time. I have yet to see a case where it turned out that someone was sold into sex trafficking. Certainly, RAT isn't running a secret brothel. And sex traffickers probably use their own inside people to nab girls. It's unlikely that they would approach some bumpkin from rural Virginia. I believe this is what it seems like. I hate to say that. Because it means that Alexis is probably not with us.

Yep. It's almost cliche now when someone suggests sex trafficking. It could be a 75 year old grandma missing due to dementia and there's always someone going to post that it could be sex trafficking.

I hear what you are saying, but with all due respect, about a month ago there was a nationwide sweep where 105 victims were rescued from human traffickers.

Because they are minors, their names haven't been released. I am hopeful that at least SOME of them were featured here in their own threads at WS. So we don't actually know nor may we ever how many of our WS cases were resolved when those 105 kids were rescued.

However, that being said, I don't think RAT and his antics are a part of that. FWIW.

I'm showing 14388 Eheart Ct, Barboursville, VA. I don't remember where I found it. -

Thank you. Was going to have a wee look for his camo truck there, but know how much of a thankless task it is ;)

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/people-search/names/va/randy/taylor.html?searchApproxAge=48&searchMName=A&cached=1

Found the above and RAT is linked to two females, but no men.

I'm guessing he is from a broken home and father isn't talked about and his brother (if he has one) has a different surname.

Regarding the Georgia caller on NG, I found a Randy A Taylor in Atlanta Georgia, but dismissed it early doors. Surely if this woman was on National TV and talking about our RAT she recognised him facially?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni