VA: Over 100 people charged in "Manhunt" game.

TexasRanger

Reaction score
http://wtvr.com/2013/08/12/prince-george-trespassing-manhunt-game/?hpt=ju_bn4

PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) — Nineteen people have been charged with trespassing for playing a game of hide and seek — and more than 150 others could also face charges.
Officials said more than 100 people flocked to Temple Park in Prince George County for a game called “Manhunt” on the night of Aug. 5.
Police said people who were at the park that night now have the option of turning themselves in. Those who do would sign a statement of understanding acknowledging they broke trespassing laws for being in the park after dark. They would then perform community service as punishment.
People who don’t turn themselves in would face full prosecution, police said.

I have a feeling they are between the ages of 15 and 30, predominatly male.

They don't give a lot of details about the incident or the game. I'm assuming the tresspassing is because the park was closed at that hour.

They don't give a lot of details about the incident or the game. I'm assuming the tresspassing is because the park was closed at that hour.

That was the game of choice for my two oldest when they were teens. We live in the country and the field and woods behind our house was their playing grounds. Theyd camp in the back yard and play all night. Always had a crowd of boys playing.

Did they hurt someone or something?

I don't get why the cops are freaking out over this, I played this game before (It'd be fun to play it again) but we call it prison break over on the west coast.

Again, don't they have better things to do?

Can anyone explain what this game entails?

Can anyone explain what this game entails?

It's kinda like a combo of tag and hide and seek...there's so many variations though! It's not at all violent or scary or evil LOL...how weird that the police are spending so much time and energy over this...oh we'll. at least these kids were out in the fresh air getting some exercise :D

I live in this area. This park, as do most city/county parks in the area, closes at dark. The group (both genders, ages 15-25 or so) met at a local store (Food Lion I think) prior to heading to the park for the game. An officer approached and asked why were so many people gathered there. Someone told the officer of the plans. Since it is considered trespassing to be in the park after dark, the officer told them not to go...the park was closed. They went anyway and trouble ensued. Manhunt is basically a cross between tag and hide and seek in the dark. There are a few different variations, one of which is known as "flashlight" and involves - surprise...a flashlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(urban_game)

It's kinda like a combo of tag and hide and seek...there's so many variations though! It's not at all violent or scary or evil LOL...how weird that the police are spending so much time and energy over this...oh we'll. at least these kids were out in the fresh air getting some exercise :D

Thank you!! I was imagining Guns or something. :/

DS 2. Had some friends who were so into it they wore camo and disguised themselves with tree branches even dug holes and hid......

I wonder if all parks there are off limits after dark or just this one? The hunt sounds fun.

I wonder if all parks there are off limits after dark or just this one? The hunt sounds fun.

Most are closed after dark, but you'd be hard pressed to find an officer who actually cares if you're out there (As long as you're being quiet and not committing crimes)

I can think of allot of worse things young people could be doing in the name of fun. Maybe the next time they'll play in the street or city hall.

Now if they're drinking or vandalizing then it's a problem, I didn't see that in the story.

No harm = no foul.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back