874 users online (132 members and 742 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

    Another "oh! sweet dog!" story; but it didn't begin that way for Bo the pit bull....

    The story, with pictures of Dan and Bo, at the Daily Mail link:

    Baltimore police officer ends up adopting 'vicious' pit bull said to be terrorizing the streets after it licked him and jumped in his cruiser

    • Officer praised by animal shelter for showing compassion to nervous dog
    • Dan Waskiewicz and his new pet feature in ad campaign against cruelty

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,071
    (Reminds me, I wonder what happened to "brazen" Lucky Black Dog.)
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    The story, with pictures of Dan and Bo, at the Daily Mail link:

    Baltimore police officer ends up adopting 'vicious' pit bull said to be terrorizing the streets after it licked him and jumped in his cruiser

    • Officer praised by animal shelter for showing compassion to nervous dog
    • Dan Waskiewicz and his new pet feature in ad campaign against cruelty
    What a nice looking dog! And cop!

    I have a pit; he is a lap dog and the most affectionate dog I've ever owned. Bo is a lucky dog and I hope he and his new owner live long and prosper!

  4. #4
    seguek9's Avatar
    seguek9 is offline 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    3,142
    What a great story! Thank you! As someone who works with all kinds of dogs (and a lot of other animals too)--this made my day! There are way more nice pit bulls than bad pit bulls out there! Glad to see a story that reflects this!!!

  5. #5
    seguek9's Avatar
    seguek9 is offline 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    (Reminds me, I wonder what happened to "brazen" Lucky Black Dog.)
    LOL...the (stray) dog from Arkansas that no one can catch? I love him! I hope he's still on the lam

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Can find nothing further in MSM about Fayetteville's Lucky Black Dog; assume he's still free and "brazen."

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215191"]AR - Godspeed, Lucky Black Dog - elusive Fayetteville stray: 92, animal control: 0 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  7. #7
    seguek9's Avatar
    seguek9 is offline 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    3,142
    Big thanks to wfgodot for all the awesome stories they provide us!!!!!

    (As an aside... My spell checker wants to correct your nick to "egg odor"....obviously my spell checker has no appreciation for Samuel Beckett

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by seguek9 View Post
    Big thanks to wfgodot for all the awesome stories they provide us!!!!!

    (As an aside... My spell checker wants to correct your nick to "egg odor"....obviously my spell checker has no appreciation for Samuel Beckett
    That's funny - I did have an egg sandwich awhile ago. There's a whole "How do you pronounce wfgodot?" thread somewhere around here on WS.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That's funny - I did have an egg sandwich awhile ago. There's a whole "How do you pronounce wfgodot?" thread somewhere around here on WS.
    You're welcome to add "egg odor" to the poll choices, Segue9! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211267"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  10. #10
    seguek9's Avatar
    seguek9 is offline 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That's funny - I did have an egg sandwich awhile ago. There's a whole "How do you pronounce wfgodot?" thread somewhere around here on WS.
    That's funny Wagoodefoot! I'm gonna stick with egg odor (my former Lit Proff is rolling over in his grave I'm sure lol)


  11. #11
    seguek9's Avatar
    seguek9 is offline 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    You're welcome to add "egg odor" to the poll choices, Segue9! Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I will do that! LMBO



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 04:55 PM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  3. The kind of "sweet 16" party you remember for a long time
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:16 AM