1113 users online (174 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mountain:

Keep in mind that the Route 29 Stalker suspect in the Alicia Showalter Reynolds poster above would be 20 years older now-- I don't see the suspect in the Isle of Wight wanted poster looking enough like the Route 29 Stalker suspect 20 years on.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
    Brother of Cathy Thomas
    Colonial Parkway Murders

I stumbled across this article today about new information in the case of the murder of Anne Carolyn McDaniel. It was posted last month .

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starexp...442283929.html
    DNA was found, but it was insufficient to match anyone so far,” he said, adding that “more examinations are forthcoming” and that he is about to submit another piece of evidence he believes could be crucial to solving the case.

Butler said a new timeline and location of the last reported sighting of McDaniel has been another crucial development in the case, and it has shifted focus away from the original suspect.

Was RAT responsible for Anne's disappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I stumbled across this article today about new information in the case of the murder of Anne Carolyn McDaniel. It was posted last month .

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starexp...442283929.html

Thank you for finding and sharing this! This is hopeful news on Anne's case! Who knows, maybe if they solve her case it will start an unraveling of even more related crimes against the women of Virginia. These families deserve to have answers and the perp needs to be put out of commission. RAT comes to the forefront of my mind as being a possible person of interest in Anne's case. If I remember correctly he was known to spend time around Orange, VA and Ruckersville, VA for years, as well as points south on Route 29. He went to gas stations to troll for women. Anne would have been an easy target if she was looking for a ride in downtown Orange or possibly hitching.
    Choose Kindness

Quote Originally Posted by billthom56 View Post
    Mountain:

Keep in mind that the Route 29 Stalker suspect in the Alicia Showalter Reynolds poster above would be 20 years older now-- I don't see the suspect in the Isle of Wight wanted poster looking enough like the Route 29 Stalker suspect 20 years on.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
    Brother of Cathy Thomas
    Colonial Parkway Murders

I agree, the Isle of Wight sketch does look too young to be the Route 29 stalker 20 years older. I didn't think about the time difference when I posted that.
    Choose Kindness

There is a new book on the Colonial Parkway Murders, 'A Special Kind of Evil: The Colonial Parkway Serial Killings' by true crime authors Blaine Pardoe and Victoria Hester out now. Well worth reading. The book includes coverage of the Route 29 Stalker case and the death of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

https://www.amazon.com/Special-Kind-...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Bill Thomas
    Brother of Cathy Thomas
    Los Angeles, CA

I was on one of the Lyon sisters' threads and got to thinking about Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. (LLW Jr.) now that he has plead guilty to their murder. LLW Jr. was on the streets doing who knows what until the late 1990s when he went to prison. He was sentenced for child molestation that occurred in Prince William County, Va. as recently as the 1990s.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/We...443916403.html

In looking at older photos of LLW Jr. I can see certain features in common with the sketches of the 29 stalker. May be far fetched, but here are the pics to compare. Lloyd Lee Welch.jpgroute 29.jpg
    Choose Kindness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3