What Global Warming? 2012 Data Confirms Earth In Cooling Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrackerSam

Reaction score
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently released its “State of the Climate in 2012” report, which states that “worldwide, 2012 was among the 10 warmest years on record.”

But the report “fails to mention [2012] was one of the coolest of the decade, and thus confirms the cooling trend,” according to an analysis by climate blogger Pierre Gosselin.

“To no one’s surprise, the report gives the reader the impression that warming is galloping ahead out of control,” writes Gosselin. “But their data shows just the opposite.”

Although the NOAA report noted that in 2012, “the Arctic continues to warm” with “sea ice reaching record lows,” it also stated that the Antarctica sea ice “reached a record high of 7.51 million square miles” on Sept. 26, 2012.

And the latest figures for this year show that there’s been a slowdown of melting in the Arctic this summer as well, with temperatures at the North Pole well below normal for this time of year. Meteorologist Joe Bastardi calls it “the coldest ever recorded.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/what-global-warming-2012-data-confirms-earth-cooling-trend

Not a single person showed up at the Georgetown waterfront Tuesday for a climate change agenda event put on by Organizing for Action, the shadowy nonprofit advocacy group born out of President Obama’s 2012 campaign, the NRCC wrote in its blog.

The event page for the “Climate Change Day of Action Rally” disappeared after rainy weather appeared to drive away whatever people planned to attend. The embarrassing showing follows the news that only one volunteer stayed for an OFA Obamacare event in Centreville, Va., last week to work the phones:
http://freebeacon.com/ofa-gets-zero-attendance-for-climate-change-rally/

I don't get it. One of the coolest of the last decade? One of the coolest years in the last 10 years, and the last 10 years are some the the hottest years GLOBALLY on record, IIRC. A cooling trend from the overall temperature increase is not shocking. Melting Arctic zone is shocking. Yes, the temperature fluctuates locally all over the planet but the trend is an overall increase in average temperature globally, even with localized decreases in temperature (it was freezing here in : insert whatever area). Whether people have a role in this or not, I believe what the majority of scientists believe, that global warming is real. JMO

I urge everyone to read the actual report, rather than rely on the politically slanted interpretation and out-of-context snipped provided by "Cns news", which bills itself as "the right news".

The report is available here: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/bams-state-of-the-climate/2012.php

As for why no one showed up to the rally mentioned - progressives continue to be unhappy with Obama's broken promises, including on environmental issues. No one wants to be used as a tool by a government trying to paint itself as environmentally friendly but whose policies indicate they are anything but. :twocents:

I urge everyone to read the actual report, rather than rely on the politically slanted interpretation and out-of-context snipped provided by "Cns news", which bills itself as "the right news".

The report is available here: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/bams-state-of-the-climate/2012.php

As for why no one showed up to the rally mentioned - progressives continue to be unhappy with Obama's broken promises, including on environmental issues. No one wants to be used as a tool by a government trying to paint itself as environmentally friendly but whose policies indicate they are anything but. :twocents:

Typical. Blame the messenger.

In lamen terms are you saying that the truth is not global warming but it's really global cooling ..Im no scientist or climatologist but it's getting warmer around the world not cooler...

In lamen terms are you saying that the truth is not global warming but it's really global cooling ..Im no scientist or climatologist but it's getting warmer around the world not cooler...

The article cherry-picked a few pieces of info for impact.

Typical. Blame the messenger.

Not at all. I'm simply much more interested in the facts and conclusions of the *real* messengers - the scientists and experts who put together the report - than I am in the opinions of a politically-slanted webpage.

Did you read the full report, Sam?

CNS, the media site the thread OP links for its "facts" about global warming, was founded by L. Brent Bozell III in 1998 as the "Conservative News Service"; it's now something called the Cybercast News Service, with Bozell III still aboard.

This is not MSM.

Examples of other stances Bozell III has taken:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/07/the-10-worst-examples-in-brent-bozells-hater-hi/192578

Surely a fine source for "information" on a severe problem of climate, this one.

ETA: Cybercast News Service. (Wiki)

Not at all. I'm simply much more interested in the facts and conclusions of the *real* messengers - the scientists and experts who put together the report - than I am in the opinions of a politically-slanted webpage.

Did you read the full report, Sam?

I don't think so. as you are always dismissing other's sources while holding your sources as gospel. The firsat thing you did was attack the source.

CNS, the media site the thread OP links for its "facts" about global warming, was founded by L. Brent Bozell III in 1998 as the "Conservative News Service"; it's now something called the Cybercast News Service, with Bozell III still aboard.

This is not MSM.

Examples of other stances Bozell III has taken:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/07/the-10-worst-examples-in-brent-bozells-hater-hi/192578

Surely a fine source for "information" on a severe problem of climate, this one.

ETA: Cybercast News Service. (Wiki)

So a conservative source can't possibly be correct. And never mind attacking the author of this story, lets go after the founder of the source. Very telling. What was I thinking?
I should have been quoting that most excellent scientist and reknown climatologist and inventor of the internet .......Al Gore. :floorlaugh:

I wasn't attacking anyone or even trying to make a point i was asking a question ..

I don't know where the original AP article appeared since none of the regurgitators (of which there are hundreds if not thousands) ever seem to link to it.

This Atlantic article seems to have been overlooked by the regurgitators.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2013/07/north-pole-has-melted-lake/67577/

Update: The North Pole Lake Wasn't at the North Pole

BY ERIC LEVENSON JUL 24, 2013

Update: Since we first published this story, we've learned that the camera that took the above photo may have started at the North Pole in the spring, but, because it's on an ice floe, it's since drifted far south. On July 24, when this photo was taken, this log says that it was 363 miles south of the North Pole. And as The New York Times' Dot Earth blogger notes in a post critical of this and other reports of a lake at the North Pole, "Ponds of meltwater form routinely on Arctic Ocean sea ice in the summer."

It also includes their original article.

The ncdc.noaa.gov site linked to above has tons of information, and maps, and data, and facts, and all sorts of cool information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage