Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

It is possible that LE from talking to his employers and work buddies neighbors and friends by looking at his bank accounts and cell records of who he called and when has a pretty good pic of what may have happened to him.

"Is it possible" probably quite an understatement....
Anything and everything is possible.

Im have no idea at what stage in the investigation they are at...but a 46 year old man who vanishes with no physical evidence leading to a crime is not LE worthy, i suppose.

:banghead:

Momoffour--- I am thinking that LE is keeping mum of this-----maybe figuring that the less said, all interest will die down. Other areas of LE may be involved and info won't be released to the public.

As was pointed out to me a few years back by LE during a search, it's not illegal for someone to go missing by choice. Your mortgage bank and credit card companies might disagree....

Nothing to add really but catching up and feel frustrated!! Where is he?? In my gut I don't feel he is alive. I hope I'm wrong.

2 months----howdy folks----yes it's been 2 months already that an apparently healthy Middle Aged male just suddenly vanishes into thin air --without a trace--in highly populated Long Island. As numerous posters have said before, here is the short recap of possibilities....I am leaving the reasons for each out, since there could be many for each. But it's simple.....either he--
1- walked away voluntarily.
2- ran to hide or escape something
3- was met with foul play.

Can we all agree that if was harmed and foul play was involved, that this was planned out in advance? I personally think a "perfect crime" is not something that comes from a sudden problem such as road rage, or a robbery of some sort. This is way too clean to be random.

2 months----howdy folks----yes it's been 2 months already that an apparently healthy Middle Aged male just suddenly vanishes into thin air --without a trace--in highly populated Long Island. As numerous posters have said before, here is the short recap of possibilities....I am leaving the reasons for each out, since there could be many for each. But it's simple.....either he--

Can we all agree that if was harmed and foul play was involved, that this was planned out in advance? I personally think a "perfect crime" is not something that comes from a sudden problem such as road rage, or a robbery of some sort. This is way too clean to be random.

It drives me crazy. Especially in New York...really I thought there were cameras all over. Not one picture of him anywhere. One of the news stations did a report awhile back to show how many times the average person was caught on camera without their knowledge. I think it was like 6 times. It may have been here in Chicago. I vaguely remember it.

It drives me crazy. Especially in New York...really I thought there were cameras all over. Not one picture of him anywhere. One of the news stations did a report awhile back to show how many times the average person was caught on camera without their knowledge. I think it was like 6 times. It may have been here in Chicago. I vaguely remember it.

amazingly, on LI... run a red light and those cameras NEVER miss you.

I hear ya. Between work, the scrap yard and the station (him going home has never really been established, so I have to take that with a grain of salt) there appears to be nothing cut and dry. The train depot seems to be the red herring only because there is no apparent reason for him to go there and leave his car in with an obviously known transient encampment nearby. At least for an extended period of time. Too many bells ringing are telling me that he did not drive and leave his car there. Hell, it's not even known WHEN the car was left there. Available parking has always been a problem there so for RM to find that 'sweet spot' at that time of the day right up front and center....says a lot.

I think if a person is walking a lot throughout the day (like those of us who live in "the city"), that's true. In places where you drive everywhere (like Long Island), there are probably a lot less "captures" on cameras. Other explanations might be: a person who went directly to their destination, and has been laying low since, or someone who went out of the area altogether (another state), where no one is going to be actively looking for them under normal circumstances.

Last August, a Long Island man faked his own death and was headed to Florida. During a routine traffic stop in South Carolina, the cop ran his license and realized he was listed as missing. Since he hadn't been charged with a crime (yet), he let him go. It took several more days to coax him back to New York, where he chose to be admitted to a psych facility, before facing the court. If RM isn't using his own I.D., we'd have to hope that people will recognize his face.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/raymond-roth-hospitalized_n_1758319.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie