Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so many questions.
For one I wonder what prompted them to pull up carpet, if indeed it's true.
Guess we will know more tomorrow.

Mark Redwine said investigators from multiple law enforcement agencies came to his door with a search warrant Wednesday afternoon. They spent three hours at his home, which is near Vallecito Lake in southwestern Colorado.

Redwine says the investigators removed sections of carpet and wood flooring. He says they took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine said deputies also dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.
I am speculating this was based on a credible tip perhaps?

Thanks for opening this! (please consider opening up his forums...it just doesn't seem right to allow this forum to languish)

I wonder why they decided to did a hole, and why they dug where they did. It seems kinda random.

Oh my. I would be surprised if they are operating randomly. They would have to have something to get a new warrant, wouldn't they? Wow, interesting and at least some movement.

This search is unusual in my opinion. What other case have police searched like this 9 months later? Why weren't these things done in Decemeber?. Did they get a tip so much later? If so where would it have come from? If you conduct a search for goodness sakes make it thorough the first time.

Is it possible that since the missing fishing pole turned up, they had grounds to search again, to make sure there wasn't something else that would turn up? Or, in my hopeful imagination, that the clavicle turned up something on it that would point to the fireplace poker. (It happens in TV shows, probably not in real life, though).

I am speculating this was based on a credible tip perhaps?

I'm thinking the swabs they took during the first search were inconclusive. I wonder if the carpet and floor boards were taken from the same area? Also, I wonder if they had a recovery dog that alerted in the yard where the hole was dug?

Interesting.

Salem

Wonder what the probable cause was? Evidence seized?

Ooh I wanna see a copy of the warrant!

Thanks for opening this! (please consider opening up his forums...it just doesn't seem right to allow this forum to languish)

I wonder why they decided to did a hole, and why they dug where they did. It seems kinda random.

Maybe they think fluid dripped there while something was being brought down the stairs? I know my outdoor staircase has gaps in the treads.

This seems so random, not just the timing but carpet, wood flooring and digging a hole? Idk what LE is up to but I hope we are seeing the beginning of the end. It is time to get justice for Dylan!

It seems the actions taken were pretty specific. I'm wondering if there is someone that came forward with information.

my guess is that yes, there is indeed more that LE was able to glean from his remains and the areas in/around where his remains were located that has lead to their having a better "idea" of what happened and where to go(ie. mark's house) with a much clearer direction on what they're looking for from his home and property.. Jmo, tho.

I wonder if they may have found more like maybe his skull and the the poker may have caused damage and they what to recheck for blood?? Strange twist suddenly.

I wonder if they may have found more like maybe his skull and the the poker may have caused damage and they what to recheck for blood?? Strange twist suddenly.

Scapula could easily show damage from a poker etc. if he was beaten around the head with it, threw his arms over his head and tried to duck. There'd be a very characteristic fracture.

Why am I not surprised to see this happening.. well, because Mark has acted like a guilty man from moment 1, is probably it.

They'd have to have a good reason for searching those (yes, I agree, not random) very specific areas. I'm darn curious as to how they got that specific. I am also guessing (as poster above have) that the bone evidence is part of it.

And I too would like to see the discussion threads opened again. There's significant things happening..

I haven't been in Dylan's threads for a while, kept up for a long time but something made me open it up today.

Those are very specific details. I'm wondering if there was fiber from the carpet or wood splinters from the stairs or paint chip or something on the T shirt or shoelace(s)?

What was the case in NC where the author (Michael Petersen?) "found" his wife at the bottom of the stairs? I remember a poker was missing in that case but someone (wife's sister?) had a matching one. Were they able to match the poker to wounds in that case? I can't remember the details. I remember the wife (Kathleen?) being the 2nd woman he "found" at the bottom of stairs.

What I'm wondering is if it possible to match a specific (or a specific style/brand) poker to wounds.

I did some quick research to find out what is needed to get a search warrant. As most know, it has to have some basis and cannot be issues strictly based on a hunch.

I know this is somewhat general information, but here's what I found from Lawyers.com (I underlined a few things that might be most relevant for his case):

To get a warrant, agents need to:

1. Ask a neutral and detached magistrate or judge for a warrant. A "magistrate" is similar to a judge. He's usually an attorney or retired judge who's been hired by the court to handle certain matters to ease the judges' busy schedules. "Neutral and detached" means that the magistrate isn't involved in the case or the investigation and doesn't have a personal bias or "axe to grind" with the suspect. Persons who aren't neutral and detached include police officers, a district attorney, state attorney general or a justice of the peace who receives a fee for each warrant issued

2. Convince the magistrate that there is probable cause to search for and seize property. Generally, there's probable cause to search when there's a fair probability that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found in the place that the police want to search. The agents need to give the magistrate this information under oath or affirmation, that is, they need to swear that the information is true. Typically, they give the magistrate an affidavit - a written statement given under oath. However, a search warrant may be given when the agents give the magistrate this information orally.

3. Identify for the magistrate the particular and specific person or property to be searched and any person or property to be seized. This is called the particularity requirement. Generally, the street address of your house or the apartment number will be used; or a detailed description of you will be used if the warrant is for your body. It must also state that the warrant will be executed within 10 days and that it will be executed during the "daytime" - which generally is from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. - unless the magistrate authorizes a different time.

So it's obvious that to get this warrant, law enforcement had to believe – and convince a judge or magistrate - that they would find evidence of a crime at MR's house.

Now for my opinion - it's entirely possible that law enforcement found more remains than they say they have. There may be fiber evidence (i.e. carpet fibers) found, or evidence on one of the bones that shows an injury from a unique 'tool' that they're trying to locate. Lastly, I think it's possible that someone who visited the house may have seen something suspicious and told the police. (stepping off the soapbox).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker