1120 users online (222 members and 898 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Matthew Novak Jr., Video Footage w/ Unreadable Plate, 28 Sept 2008

www.whokilledmattnovak.com

$40,000+ reward for information.

Matt Novak Jr. and two friends were returning home to NJ from the Puerto Rican Day Parade in Philadelphia on September 28, 2008.

The car they were riding in broke down and a blue Chevy Impala stopped to offer assistance.

Matt told his friends the occupants were taking him to get jumper cables and he would be right back.

Instead, Matt was pushed out of the car and shot about 10 blocks away. He later died in the hospital.

Surveillance video has been released, but unfortunately the front license plate that was captured is unreadable.

BUMP!

Come on you guys, I know you are all good at sleuthing...please take a look at Matt's case and see if you can come up with anything new.

He was shot in the leg if I recall and bled out .

Quote Originally Posted by RichKelly View Post
    He was shot in the leg if I recall and bled out .
    You are correct, he survived long enough to describe the car he was picked up in and where his friends that were waiting on him to return were located. He passed later at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by bpinkbinkie View Post
    You are correct, he survived long enough to describe the car he was picked up in and where his friends that were waiting on him to return were located. He passed later at the hospital.
    I live in Philly I think I remember this case

The opening link is pretty detailed, so these probably don't have much that isn't included on it, but here are a few more pages related to Mr Novak.

http://abc30.com/archive/9266320/

http://local.nixle.com/alert/3240955/

http://www.rewardstv.net/pennsylvani...ard/#more-3645

Kind of a long shot, but if I were investigating it ,

The suspects car had Jersey tags, though the original video is skewed, there should be other cameras in the area

However, I know there's cameras at all the area bridges

I wonder if LE checked the cameras at the bridges as well.

13th and Fairmount is off of N. Broad I believe its less that a mile from the Ben Franklin bridge, possible, they took it back to NJ as it would be the quickest route .

They should look at the video from the tool booths, for a vehicle matching that description. Not too long after the shooting

I don't feel they would hang around after shooting someone

I didn't catch how they were able to determine it was Jersey plates. Was that from the witnesses to the shooting or from his friends with the broke down car?

In one of the videos on the YouTube page it shows the car almost coming to a stop and you can damn near make out the tag#, kinda disappointing with all the technology at their disposal they can't clear that up.

I would take the list of cars that was gathered and narrow them down to about 20 of the likeliest, from there place the tag#'s on a car at the same time of day and year, chose a day the lighting was similar as possible to that day of the video. Take video with that camera if its still in operation of the different #'s and compare. You can't read the #'s but maybe they could find the tag with similar looking distorted pixelation and go from there.

I get the feeling this was someones moms car, plain jane with no personalization.
    I wonder if any billboards were put up early on. It might help offering immunity for anyone in the car but the shooter while dangling the reward money.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-philadelphia/

As the six year anniversary of his unsolved murder approaches, the family of a South Jersey man is hoping his killers will be brought to justice...

Doughterty, Novak Sr.’s nephew, has been working with Philadelphia homicide detectives on his cousin’s case, but it’s at a sticking point because no amount of surveillance video enhancement has cleared up the license plate number on the Impala.

All he can do is help raise money to increase the reward, which is now $42,000, and he uses social media to keep Novak’s murder fresh in people’s minds.

There is not too much to go on with this case. I noted the Eagles played that night at Chicago, and maybe these perpetrators were robbing this guy, and possibly going to watch the football game at a local tavern. That's a rough area up there.

I am trying to think why these guys from Jersey would be over that way. If they were just there to buy drugs, why even cross the bridge? There are plenty of options in Camden. Maybe the people in the car had family from the area.