1186 users online (228 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WS Running Very Slow Today

I have been trying all morning to get on a thread I contribute to and am constantly stuck on the clock. I have been noticing very long load times the last few days, just on jumping to new pages, etc. Is there some server problem? This is not happening on other sites I frequent.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

For weeks now,I have nothing but problems. Just now was able to get on. "Timed Out"

..."Database Errors"....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Ditto - lots and lots of lag and timeouts... Server issues again? I think they've been happening for a while now.

I'm still having problems tonight.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Our server is needing help. We are trying to determine the best route to take in getting the situation resolved. Please know it is a technical problem regarding the load it's carrying and nothing else. It was being worked on today and we're not done.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

I have had problems trying to get to Websleuths all night long. The page would not load from any of my bookmarks. Finally got in by Googling (is that a word??) Websleuths!!!! Then I had been signed out. So what's going on??? I have never experienced problems like this with this website. Anyone else having similar problems?
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

Our server is needing help. We are trying to determine the best route to take in getting the situation resolved. Please know it is a technical problem regarding the load it's carrying and nothing else. It was being worked on today and we're not done.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

Sorry I didn't see your post. We must have posted at the same time. Thanks for all your hard work and diligence.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

You're welcome! It will be nice when it's resolved.

This is what I got last night

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Yeah and you might see that message again once in awhile until we find a permanent solution.

I noticed the "Archives" section. Is this new? Is it taking up a lot of space? I think WS SHOULD have access to all of the older threads.

No, it's not new. It used to only be available to those who had bookmarks. I noticed it is now open for viewing again too. I don't know why, quite honestly? Nor do I know why it wasn't on the list before.

It's not dragging the server as the data has been held here all along. I was able to see it when I was in the admin area.

Just saw this on the Twitter:

WSManager ‏@WebsleuthsForum 9m
    We may be performing some major maintenance tonight. If so, it may take a few hours. You will receive a notice when trying to sign in.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Just saw this on the Twitter:

WSManager ‏@WebsleuthsForum 9m
    We may be performing some major maintenance tonight. If so, it may take a few hours. You will receive a notice when trying to sign in.
    Yes. I think that was posted in anticipation of possible corrections today. However now I think it may have been pushed back to Sunday morning. So keep your eyes open. There will be a notice letting you know it is closed for maintenance when that happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast