MI MI - Thomas Lange, 30, Allen Park, 31 Dec 2003

Joe Friday

Getting the Facts
Reaction score
Headless, Handless Body Found In Car Submerged In Detroit River

A mystery is unfolding in Wyandotte where a man’s body was found in a car submerged in the Detroit River — and it may have been there for nine years.

(Snipped)

A friend said the body might be that of Tom Linge, who had a car like the one that was found. The friend said Linge went missing eight or nine years ago.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/08/15/body-found-in-car-submerged-in-detroit-river/

Sounds like the making of a mob hit scenario..

I live in a suburban area near the Allegheny River near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Not far from my home is a rather isolated, narrow road that runs right alongside the river for several miles. It leads to the Keeper's Station for a Lock & Dam, so it is certainly not well traveled. At one point along the road is an old and crumbling concrete pier, once a part of something long gone.

Several years ago the local police department were looking for a person who was missing, along with his car. Rumor had it that the car might have been driven into the river off the old pier. Search boats with scanners and divers were brought to the scene.

In two days, they found nine cars! None of them were the one they were looking for but apparently some of them were pretty old.

Any place there's a body of water, there's always the chance of things being in it. Like cars and bodies.

Can't find anything on google about a missing "Tom Linge" or even "Thomas Linge".....

Agreed infact i recall a simmilar story where they found 9 cars however it was the no head an hands part that I was refering to when i said it sounds like something the mob would do...

Man missing since 2003 found in car at bottom of river near Wyandotte

Police say Tommy Lange had not been seen or heard from since New Year's Eve 2003

Author: Chauncy Glover, Local 4 Reporter

Published On: Aug 15 2013 10:49:35 PM EDT Updated On: Aug 16 2013 03:50:00 AM EDT

WYANDOTTE, Mich. -
Body found in car Wyandotte Friends and family say they searched high and low for Tommy Lange.

Lange was just 30 years old when he went missing from the Wheat and Rye in Allen Park in 2003. Police say he made a call from his cellphone about 12:30 New Year's Eve morning and there has been no trace of him since then -- until Thursday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tte/-/1719418/21489940/-/15h3ejr/-/index.html

And again, thank you friends for giving me my local news!
It creeps me out when I'm downtown looking at that deep murky river. I can't imagine what's hidden in there.

Sounds like the making of a mob hit scenario..

Yeah it does but if the body was left in the owners car that makes no sense.

Why chop off their head and hands to make identification difficult and then dump them in their own car???

One of the articles I read last night said that actually the head and hands were likely missing as a result of decomposition. Let me find whatever I was reading last night.

Looks like I can't find it. Really poor reporting among various sources on this story, one says body found in back seat, another says something of interest in the trunk, a couple of articles describe the car as "stolen". Just lots of conflicting information, maybe it will become clearer later in the day. What doesn't seem at issue is that the car is the same kind of car as the missing man. DNA will be used to confirm identity of the body.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/body-found-in-submerged-car-in-wyandotte

POLICE: Body found in car pulled from Detroit River likely man missing for 10 years

Sipped:
Chris Luke tells 7 Action News that without a doubt, the person in the car is his buddy, 30-year-old Thomas Lange who went missing at the end of 2003.

Police Chief Daniel Grant tells 7 Action News that they strongly believe the body is that of Lange. The medical examiner's office will have to use DNA to identify the body because it has no head or hands. "It is a strong likelihood that it is Lange, but until further analysis cannot make a 100 percent determination," said Police Chief Grant.

Snipped:
“He wouldn’t just leave his kids. He just had a baby. There’s no way he would just leave his child, up and leave,” said Luke.

A man from Detroit who went scuba diving in the river found the vehicle last Friday. The man did not know there was a body inside, but he did take the license plate off and to police.

Sipped:
Police said it is too early to determine cause of death because the body is so badly decomposed. Police believe the head might have fallen off while they pulled the car from the river and dive teams will be back out tomorrow morning to look for the body part.

Apparently the guy is at this bar on New Years Eve after getting off work and makes a call on his phone at 12:30 AM on New Year’s Eve in 2003 and that is the last anyone has heard from him. Not sure if this is a media mistake and the 12:30 AM time is actually on the 1st of January the night everyone is partying or 12:30 AM the early morning on New Years Eve. But I'm thinking the phone call was made on the 1st of January in the early morning.

I linked a map where the bar is located below. Does anyone have the location where the car was found so we could determine how far it was from the bar to where the car was eventually found in the river?

I think this might be an unfortunate accident where he might of been drinking to much and simply drove his car into the river. I'm wondering if where the vehicle was found would have been on his route home or if it would have been completely out of the ordinary for his vehicle to have been near the river in the first place.

JMO

People last saw Lange at the Wheat & Rye Bar & Grill in Allen Park after Lange got off his shift at a nearby restaurant.

“I just remember that he was missing and we didn’t have any details on what happened,” said Luke.

One of the only details his family does know, is that Lange made one last phone call at 12:30 a.m. on New Year’s Eve in 2003. Friends said they suspected foul play because Lange would never have left his son.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/body-found-in-submerged-car-in-wyandotte#ixzz2c95VQQrN

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=42... Road, Allen Park, Michigan 48101&form=LMLTCC

I live in a suburban area near the Allegheny River near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Not far from my home is a rather isolated, narrow road that runs right alongside the river for several miles. It leads to the Keeper's Station for a Lock & Dam, so it is certainly not well traveled. At one point along the road is an old and crumbling concrete pier, once a part of something long gone.

Several years ago the local police department were looking for a person who was missing, along with his car. Rumor had it that the car might have been driven into the river off the old pier. Search boats with scanners and divers were brought to the scene.

In two days, they found nine cars! None of them were the one they were looking for but apparently some of them were pretty old.

Any place there's a body of water, there's always the chance of things being in it. Like cars and bodies.

I'm from the area, too, AlwaysShocked! I don't seem to recall that story, but I'd love to read up on it - do you remember how many years ago that happened? Thanks in advance!

Headless body found in Detroit River matches description of Thomas Lange, man missing since 2003, police say

"It looks like a larger male, as far as height, clothing in tact but there is no head, they're missing the hands and the feet were off also, but they were in the shoes," Pouliot said.

Police said clothing on the body appeared to match what Lange was last observed wearing.

Lange's I.D., some additional bone sections and a skull were reportedly later found by a search and recover team in a nearby river.

The remains were turned over to the Wayne County Medical Examiner. An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death and confirm the man's identity.

Police said the vehicle in which the body was found - a Mercury Sable - was reported stolen in 2004, according to CBS Detroit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...omas-lange-man-missing-since-2003-police-say/

Remains found in Detroit River positively identified as missing man

Tommy Lange had been missing since 2003

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Aug 19 2013 01:18:36 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...an/-/1719418/21526284/-/11jjhebz/-/index.html

Thank you! I assumed that I missed a news article since there was a donation started yesterday.

Have to say that the reporters have been pretty cruel to family & loved ones with their reporting of him not having limbs; then oops; they found them; no one considered they may have broken away when the car was pulled up

*SMH!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back