CA CA - Brandi Summers, 5, & Tiffani Wise, 2, San Bernadino, 30 March 1977

annemc2

her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't remember hearing about these cases before - what happened to these girls? Has anyone heard about this case before or have any more info?
summers_brandi3.jpg

Brandi Jondell Summers
Above Image: Summers, circa 1977

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: March 30, 1977 from San Bernadino, California
# Classification: Non-Family Abduction
# Date Of Birth: January 2, 1972
# Age: 5 years old
# Height and Weight: 4'0, 50 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Summers has a scar on her face. She also has a surgical scar on her abdomen as the result of an operation when she was two days old; the scar may still be visible. Summers may be using the last names Iwokin, Beer or Carino. Some agencies may spell her middle name "Jondel." Summers goes by her middle name, Jondell.
# Medical Conditions: Summers suffers from cystic fibrosis. She was required to take medication with every meal at the time of her 1977 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Summers was abducted from her family's home in San Bernadino, California on March 30, 1977 with her younger half-sister, Tiffani Wise. Their mother, Beverly Wise, was discovered murdered inside their residence. The girls' eight-month old sister was left behind unharmed. The intruder(s) remain unidentified and the crimes are unsolved.
Summers called her grandmother, Dona (may be spelled "Donna"), "Big Grandma" in 1977. Their grand
father's name is Dick. The girls' father is Claude Wise; a family photo is posted below this case summary. Summers was born in San Jose, California. She had a petite stature at the time of her abduction; she and Tiffani were approximately the same size, although there is a three-year age difference between them. There were unconfirmed sightings of the girls in the Boise, Idaho area around 1979. Their whereabouts remain unknown.
wise_tiffani.jpg

Tiffani Claudette Wise

Above Image: Wise, circa 1977

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: March 30, 1977 from San Bernadino, California
# Classification: Non-Family Abduction
# Date Of Birth: March 24, 1975
# Age: 2 years old
# Height and Weight: 3'5, 40 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish-blonde hair, blue eyes. Tiffani's hair was naturally curly at the time of her 1977 disappearance. She has a surgical scar extending from behind her hairline to the back of her head as the result of a 1975 operation. Tiffani may be using the last names Iwokin, Beer or Casner. She resembled her father, Claude Wise, at the time of her abduction. Some agencies may spell her first name "Tiffany."

Details of Disappearance
Tiffani was abducted from her family's home in San Bernadino, California on March 30, 1977 with her older half-sister, Brandi Summers. Their mother, Beverly Wise, was discovered murdered inside their residence. The girls' eight-month old sister was left behind unharmed. The intruder(s) remain unidentified and the crimes are unsolved.
Tiffani and Summers's father is named Claude Wise. The girls' paternal grandparents' names are Dick and Dona (may be spelled "Donna"). A photo featuring Tiffani, Claude and Summers is posted below this case summary. Summers had a petite stature at the time of her abduction; she and Tiffani were approximately the same size, although there is a three-year age difference between them. There were unconfirmed sightings of the girls in the Boise, Idaho area around 1979. Their whereabouts remain unknown.

Family
Clockwise: Tiffani, Claude and Summers, circa 1977

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
San Bernadino Police Department
909-384-5742

Source Information
California Attorney General's Office
The Garden Of Missing Children Society
Brandi Summers and Tiffani Wise: Where Are You?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/summers_brandi.html

http://www.charleyproject.or
g/cases/w/wise_tiffani.html

I don't see any info about dad - is he around or is he a suspect and missing also ?? It doesn't more than who dad is... Also, in regards to calling their grandma, was this before or after the abdcution?? Without medication, I fear that Brandi did not have much of a chance - even with medication, cycstic fibrosis is terminal - I can't imagine what kind of care and/or treatment she would be recieving from the person(s) who took her.

What a sad story...

yes cistic fybrosis was terminal back then and still is the rate of survival past 18 was slim you were lucky if u made it to your late 20s the survival rate now is much higher. ( i took alot of classes in hs and college on child development and childhood and adult illnesses) she would also need back thumps from time to time where the child lays on the stomach and they use these things to thump your back so that it can clear all the thick mucus that is in your body to help you breath patients with cf have more mucus than a normal child in the body

I wonder often if these girls are alive. They really might be and either in the foster system or adopted out possibly? How terrible if they were to see their own photos on the net. But it wouldn't be the first time.

This case caught my eye while checking out a website that Itsreenw posted in the Ann Christian Waters thread. Thanks for that link Itsreenw, that is a very interesting website. http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/were_you_abducted_as_a_baby.htm

There are a couple of things that I would like to know.

Tiffani Claudette Wise

AKA: Tiffany Iwakiri, Tiffany Casner What are the signifiance of these aliases?

Classification: Non-Family Abduction So I guess that this ruled out Claude Wise
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/323dfca.html

As for Brandi Jondel Summers
AKA: Brandi Iwakiri, Brandi Beer, Brandi Carino
Medical Conditions: Summers suffers from cystic fibrosis. She was required to take medication with every meal at the time of her disappearance.

There were unconfirmed sightings of the girls in the Boise, Idaho area around 1979. I'd like to know more about this sighting.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/322dfca.html

Why does LE think they might be going by one of those names? What is the connection? That's a lot of names to choose from. It sounds to me like LE had an idea of who took them, why else would they have an idea of what AKA that might be using?
If Brandi received proper medical treatment then there is a chance that she could still be alive. Perhaps she has received assistance from one of the organizations that help victims of Cystic Fibrosis? http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/

There were unconfirmed sightings of the girls in the Boise, Idaho area around 1979. I'd like to know more about this sighting.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/322dfca.html

Could this be why they were in Boise, Idaho in 1979?

Saint Luke's CF Clinic -- Affiliate Program
Boise, ID
Appointments: (208) *advertiser censored*-xxxx
Contact Info: Henry R. Thompson, M.D.

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Clinic
Mary Nelsen, RN (208) *advertiser censored*-xxxx
100 E. Idaho St., Ste. 200
Boise, ID 83712

It looks like St Luke's Children's Hospital http://www.stlukesonline.org/SLCH/
would be a good place to take a child suffering from CF.

There is a thread over in Cold Cases about these missing sisters, I might have found some information POSSIBLY leading to the whereabouts of Brandi. I thought it appropriate to post a link here so those who follow missing but not cold cases could take a look. I could really use someone's thoughts on what I have found. Please take a look:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21943

OMG Shadow205, I have goosebumps right now. There are a couple things I wanna check out. I'll get back to you shortly. GREAT find!!

Wow! that is quite a coincidence! Keep us updated!

Eek. Interesting. Despite your advice to follow you, Shadow, I'm having kind of a hard time! From what I could see, Brandy Bowling is a member of the EBV (Epstien-Barr Virus) Association, as is Dr. Dai Irwakiri. I think they showed up in the same search because they are both members. The Iwakiri email is for a university in Japan (where many Irwakiris showed up in a search but no Brandys or Brandis). The EBV Assn is based out of London.

Is there more to this connection? I am confused. Did you find anything else out, Itsreenw?

annemc2,

thank you for pointing that out before I went on spinning my wheels. I looked at the cached page wrong. When I looked at this:

Current list of EBV Association members who have paid their 2002 ...Brandy Bowling. Rm 312
Eberhart Building, UNC Greensboro NC 27402, USA ... Tel: 1 11 706 5072 Fax: 11 706 7540 Email:

Iwakiri@med.hokudai.ac.jp ...

I thought that this Brandy was using "Iwakiri" as part of her email which is an aka for Brandi Summers. I did not realize that was 2 seperate members info.

Oh well, back to searching.

Bumping case up. Thirty years have passed and it is still unsolved...

Hello, I am the sister to these girls. Is anyone still looking for them. We posted Age Progression pictures of my sisters. You can find them on the website for the "Center for Missing and Exploited Children". Please write back if you are still researching our story.

Hello, I am the sister to these girls. Is anyone still looking for them. We posted Age Progression pictures of my sisters. You can find them on the website for the "Center for Missing and Exploited Children". Please write back if you are still researching our story.

This is the first time I have read about this happening. Did they ever find out who killed your mother? Is there anything else that you can add to this story about what happened to your mother and your sisters? It's very possible they could still be alive some place.

Teresa,

I was going to ask the same question ... did they solve the Mother's murder? What is the reason for the alias names given? Did they have a suspect in mind when they issued those possible alias names?

thank you for your interest!! Yes, we know who killed my mother. He was never convicted of this crime. Despite rumors I've seen in previous threads my father was NEVER a suspect. He just recently posted the new age progression pictures. Brief history ... My mother was murdered while me and the other two girls were in the house. The man kidnapped my sisters and left me. I was a baby. They searched for years and never found anything!

thank you for your interest!! Yes, we know who killed my mother. He was never convicted of this crime. Despite rumors I've seen in previous threads my father was NEVER a suspect. He just recently posted the new age progression pictures. Brief history ... My mother was murdered while me and the other two girls were in the house. The man kidnapped my sisters and left me. I was a baby. They searched for years and never found anything!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Have you had any good leads? Is the person who killed your Mother suspected of the kidnapping of your sisters?

Hi Scorbus and welcome to WS! I am glad you found your way here to see that people still care about your sisters and they are not forgotten.

Do you have reason to believe they may still be alive? Are Brandi and Tiffany half sisters? Is Roy Summers Brandi's father?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back