Switzerland opens drive in 'sex boxes'

TrackerSam

Reaction score
They look like shelters for hikers in a national park, but these wooden sheds in Switzerland have a rather less innocent purpose – they provide a discreet location for men to have sex with prostitutes.

The drive-in "sex boxes" as they are being called, will be officially opened on August 26, as part of a drive by authorities in Zurich to regulate prostitution, combat pimping and improve security for sex workers.

The nine garage-style structures, located in a former industrial zone in the west of the city, have been organised with typically Swiss precision.

Drivers will have to follow a clearly marked route along which up to 40 prostitutes will be stationed.

Once they have chosen one of the women and negotiated a fee, they will drive into one of the wooden sheds, which are hung with posters advocating the use of condoms and warning of the risk of Aids.

The sex boxes are equipped with alarms which the prostitutes can activate if they feel in danger from a client.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-in-sex-boxes-to-make-prostitution-safer.html

While prostitution is legal in Switzerland, sex workers have to pay a tax of five Swiss francs (£3.50) each night that they work.

hah - that's like wait staff reporting their tips - NO WAY are those sex workers paying what they should, if anything

While prostitution is legal in Switzerland, sex workers have to pay a tax of five Swiss francs (£3.50) each night that they work.

hah - that's like wait staff reporting their tips - NO WAY are those sex workers paying what they should, if anything

That's per night not per customer right?

The £1.4 million project was approved by voters in Zurich last year in a referendum.

sex-boxes_2645711b.jpg

There are nine of these rickety looking structures. How the heck does building them cost that much?

Alert: That pink thing on the poster should raise the alarm if you touch it.

I wonder if sex crimes go down in places with legal prostitution. I think it is a good idea.

Years ago, in the early 1980s, I went to Switzerland to see some of my husband's family. I had always thought the Swiss had such a reputation as dour, humorless, & straight-laced. When we went to have cappuccino in a little café, just before it was served a young woman rather non-chalantly walked to the long coffee bar & began to take her clothes off. As if she were going to bed, alone. Completely. My husband's retinas almost detached. She was so skinny he said her ribs showed. Yes, Steely, I didn't ask the obvious. Too embarrassed, so much so I turned red. We didn't know it was THAT kind of café. So much for straight-laced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back