1137 users online (234 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Terry Hobbs - My Story

Here is something new on youtube. I don't know anything about this movie. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what it ends up being.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7KVmkwfUJM]Terry Hobbs - My Story[/ame]

Is there a link? Tia
    Just my, no one elses

hmm. this looks extremely amateurish. why pose him against the artificial backgrounds? are they at olan mills in 1974? this looks shady at best. jmo.
    Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!-Sleuthy Gal

I have no clue about this film! I just thought everyone would find it interesting. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens. And, yes, he's supposedly publishing a book, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    I have no clue about this film! I just thought everyone would find it interesting. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens. And, yes, he's supposedly publishing a book, too.
    The more he talks the better. The more everyone talks the better because it increases the likelihood that the truth will come out or things will be said that blow holes in stories.

Here is something new on youtube. I don't know anything about this movie. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what it ends up being.

Terry Hobbs - My Story
    I was just going back through some of the notes. I always found it extremely troubling that LE never interviewed Hobbs at the time simply based on the familial relationship. Now I'm even sickened more as Damien's cell mate, Hurst, placed Branch's Step-dad(Hobbs) at the scene and as having murdered 2 of the boys. Now, Hurst's statement may be full of BS and have major problems with it, but it's not the truth of what he's saying that's important. What's important is that he is placing LE on notice of Hobb's involvement. Now how you couple that with the familial relationship and STILL don't question him is beyond negligent and incompetent in my mind. Sick.

Hurst said Echols described the stepfather as having "long blonde hair in a ponytail" and as having been "on tv and he was saying that Damien was such a animal and he deserved to die for this crime", both of which describe Byers, not Hobbs.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
    Hurst said Echols described the stepfather as having "long blonde hair in a ponytail" and as having been "on tv and he was saying that Damien was such a animal and he deserved to die for this crime", both of which describe Byers, not Hobbs.
    You completely miss the point. It's not about whether or not Hobbs was who he was talking about or Byers or whether or not Hurst's statements tend to incriminate Hobbs. It's about whether or not LE should have interviewed Hobbs right off. His relationship alone is reason enough to have interviewed him. The fact that this guy references Branch's stepdad and they specifically question him about it is all that much more reason they should have interviewed him immediately. Go on and defend LE for not interviewing Hobbs right away. Doing so is no different than the blinders LE wore so many years ago.

Oh really, so is Hobbs still being dropped into the frame as the 'real killer' .. I wonder how long they'll continue with this, I'm surprised another likely suspect hasn't come along for them all to bother with, although now they are free they may not feel they need to. Absolutely ridiculous and transparent attempt to shift blame. I hope they all get sued.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Sued by whom? Terry Hobbs? His last attempt to sue didn't end too well for him, so I doubt that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    The fact that this guy references Branch's stepdad
    Rather, Hurst only said things along the lines of "[Echols] thought [the stepdad's] last name was Branch", while in fact not mentioning Hobbs at all and rather describing Mark Byers as the one Echols claimed he and Misskelley witnessed committing the murders along side Jason Baldwin. I understand the point you're attempting to push, I'm just rejecting the false premises it's based on.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

The point remains that LE should have interviewed Hobbs early on and they did not. Every time they went by the house to interview Hobbs,at least according to the notes on file at Cally's, he was not at home. Something tells me that they should have tried harder. After all, those little boys were murdered.

So, the "lame" excuse of Hobbs not being interviewed because they could never find him at home (until "Damien Echols tunnel vision" set in) is simply ridiculous. The fact that LE still insists that Hobbs is not a suspect, never was, etc., is beyond ridiculous. It borders on criminally negligent, IMO. Certain people simply won't address this error.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Oh really, so is Hobbs still being dropped into the frame as the 'real killer' .. I wonder how long they'll continue with this, I'm surprised another likely suspect hasn't come along for them all to bother with, although now they are free they may not feel they need to. Absolutely ridiculous and transparent attempt to shift blame. I hope they all get sued.
    First, if you're responding to me, I never claimed anyone is the real killer. I have no idea who the real killer is. That is what I'd like LE to find out some day. What I can do is form opinions as to who I might think is involved based on the released evidence(whether you think its the WM3 or someone else, you do this too). One cannot be sued for opinions. Beyond that, my opinion was that it was a travesty that Hobbs was not interviewed immediately after the crime. Even if he was 100% innocent, that interview should have taken place. How one can deny that is beyond me both because of his familial relationship to one victim and because of Hurst correctly or incorrectly referencing him.

As for them getting sued, my one word of caution would be that truth is an absolute defense to a libel or slander lawsuit. It would be very interesting to see all of the evidence against him presented in a courtroom however. I think it could make for an interesting case.

All just my very humble opinion.

The point remains that LE should have interviewed Hobbs early on and they did not. Every time they went by the house to interview Hobbs,at least according to the notes on file at Cally's, he was not at home. Something tells me that they should have tried harder. After all, those little boys were murdered.

So, the "lame" excuse of Hobbs not being interviewed because they could never find him at home (until "Damien Echols tunnel vision" set in) is simply ridiculous. The fact that LE still insists that Hobbs is not a suspect, never was, etc., is beyond ridiculous. It borders on criminally negligent, IMO. Certain people simply won't address this error.
    Some simply have the same blinders or tunnel vision. To deny that it was a mistake to interview Hobbs right away is absurd. Again, I don't care if he was 100% innocent, it was a mistake still. I understand LE plays games with the labels they use (suspect, person of interest, material witness, etc...) so it doesn't bother me if they ever labelled him a suspect or not. What bothers me are the actions, or inaction as it were, that took place in this case. The familial relationship is enough alone. Hurst's statements that Damien said Branch's step dad was there is all the more reason. As to him referencing Branch's step dad(which would be Hobbs) but describing Byers makes little difference. All that means is they sure as hell should have interviewed both. I believe they did as to one but not as to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I am curious. Regardless of guilt, do you believe the WMPD acted within customary standards or guidelines when they failed to interview Hobbs initially?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast