family in shock after receiving anonymous hate letter about young boy with autism

josie1986

Reaction score
this urgh i don't even have any words....my blood is boiling!!!!!

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/18/family-in-shock-after-hate-letter-targets-teen-with-autism/

A family is in shock and a community has united after an anonymous hate letter was written about a young boy living with severe autism.

Karla Begley told CityNews her son Max, 13, stays with his grandmother in the morning during the summer time. It was at that home in Newcastle where letter was delivered on Friday.

1004693_4675932314635_485652550_n_zps85fd1e6d.jpg

i hate to think what her children are being taught when this is how she acts.
the last line really got to me....poor guy

this urgh i don't even have any words....my blood is boiling!!!!!

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/18/family-in-shock-after-hate-letter-targets-teen-with-autism/

1004693_4675932314635_485652550_n_zps85fd1e6d.jpg

i hate to think what her children are being taught when this is how she acts.
the last line really got to me....poor guy

Wow. Is this in Toronto? I haven't watched the video yet. Obviously it's someone closeby, real close, who can hear the boy. I also think it's an adult based on the words used in the letter. I hope he or she is charged.

I've seen this type of thing before, where a home for special needs youth opened up on my street when I was growing up. One household demanded that they move somewhere else and started calling the residents bad names that I don't want to print on here.

OK, I'm watching it now and it's a female who wrote the letter, a mother, and is clearly a classless person. She calls her own kids "normal". This occurred in Newcastle, ON, north of Toronto. Wow. I'm so pissed right now. How dare she?

Ugh!!!! His mother has secondary progressed multiple sclerosis and can't run with him anymore. So sad. His mom is crying in the interview. Poor lady.

Once it's discovered who wrote the letter, I think she'll lose a lot of friends fast.
She wrote: No normal girl is going to love him and you won't live forever.
And to donate his "non-retarded" body parts to science.

I can't make out the first paragraph. What is their claimed source for the complaint, noise issues? (i.e., why are they complaining in the first place.)

I can't make out the first paragraph. What is their claimed source for the complaint, noise issues? (i.e., why are they complaining in the first place.)

I think noise is pointed out in the video.

The sheer number of capitalized words and exclamation points in that letter make me think the author is rather immature and not nearly as smart as she'd like to think she is. Jmo

I'm overly sensitive to noise, but I have a nice white noise machine. I suppose if there was a child in the neighborhood howling near my home for hours at a time I might get a bit stressed, but her letter seems like an actual criminal act. (Isn't it? Does it constitute a death threat or at least hate speech?)

I can't even fathom the mentality of someone who would send hate mail to the family of an autistic child. Probably the same type of person who drowns kittens for fun.

I can't even fathom the mentality of someone who would send hate mail to the family of an autistic child. Probably the same type of person who drowns kittens for fun.

Yeah, I bet her kids are equally as charming

What a coward. If she hates the boy so much why doesn't she reveal herself?

I'm overly sensitive to noise, but I have a nice white noise machine. I suppose if there was a child in the neighborhood howling near my home for hours at a time I might get a bit stressed, but her letter seems like an actual criminal act. (Isn't it? Does it constitute a death threat or at least hate speech?)

I think the part about euthanizing him and donating any "non-retarded" body parts to science could be a criminal matter as the woman is blatantly suggesting illegal acts.

That letter is so over the top it seems almost "hinky". I have to ask who is benefiting from this?

I know of a couple that had 4 kids. 2 had downs and someone spray painted their house and car with horrible things. Like *advertiser censored* and freaks. People are just mean and nasty.

Wow, just wow!

I'm thankful I've never experienced that kind of hatred while out in the community with the people I support who have Autism.
Those poor children of the woman who wrote that letter aren't going to learn compassion, tolerance or acceptance from her. So sad.

From what I can tell, the grandma lives in a new development in Newmarket, with nice new homes. It should be fairly easy for the neighbours to figure out who wrote the letter. Backyard neighbour or next door IMO. Someone close by.

Yeah, I bet her kids are equally as charming

You never know, her children might be silently counting the days when they're old enough to get away from their fascist moron of a mother.

I think the part about euthanizing him and donating any "non-retarded" body parts to science could be a criminal matter as the woman is blatantly suggesting illegal acts.

That letter is so over the top it seems almost "hinky". I have to ask who is benefiting from this?

I won't lie, part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back