1054 users online (214 members and 840 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1112
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    as has been stated before, elizabeth smart, jaycee dugard, and michelle knight, amanda berry and gina de jesus have all/are using the services of PR firms to assist with various situations (interviews, public announcements, etc)... are you suggesting these woman are guilty of something criminal?
    I fail to see the connection.

    None of the women you mention were charged and convicted of murder, none of them spent time in jail for framing an innocent person and none of their families hired PR firms because they were arrested for criminal activities.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    13,612
    Thank god she is not heading over .. the poor girl, enough is enough.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Thank god she is not heading over .. the poor girl, enough is enough.
    What do you mean by enough is enough? Knox spent three years in jail after being convicted of attempting to frame an innocent man. Her actions destroyed his livelihood and forever altered the course of his family's life. Should we feel sorry for her? She is the perpetrator of the crime, not the victim.

    She has been convicted of murdering Meredith Kercher. Meredith is the victim. Knox was released after an appeal, but that appeal was annulled. Should she forego another shot at the appeal; accept the conviction? If enough is enough, then the only verdict left standing is: Guilty.

    Surely she should have another chance to appeal that verdict. It's a mystery why she wouldn't want to attend court to appeal the murder conviction, but it's her right to not attend.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    as has been stated before, elizabeth smart, jaycee dugard, and michelle knight, amanda berry and gina de jesus have all/are using the services of PR firms to assist with various situations (interviews, public announcements, etc)... are you suggesting these woman are guilty of something criminal?

    All the names mentioned above are REAL VICTIMS ... and they had absolutely nothing to do with their situations ...

    These ladies listed above were kidnapped, brutally raped and assaulted, and lost many years of their lives !

    It is an insult to put Knox in the same category as these brave women !

    Amanda Knox IS NOT a victim -- MEREDITH KERCHER is the VICTIM !

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    13,612
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What do you mean by enough is enough? Knox spent three years in jail after being convicted of attempting to frame an innocent man. Her actions destroyed his livelihood and forever altered the course of his family's life. Should we feel sorry for her? She is the perpetrator of the crime, not the victim.

    She has been convicted of murdering Meredith Kercher. Meredith is the victim. Knox was released after an appeal, but that appeal was annulled. Should she forego another shot at the appeal; accept the conviction? If enough is enough, then the only verdict left standing is: Guilty.

    Surely she should have another chance to appeal that verdict. It's a mystery why she wouldn't want to attend court to appeal the murder conviction, but it's her right to not attend.
    Clearly we will have to agree to disagree as I believe Amanda is completely innocent and the prosecutor was a nut.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    would it be common or expected that the U.S. would not extradite her?

    Not a lawyer and Not familiar with extradition ...

    However, considering the most recent high profile extradition case in the news [Snowden], the U.S. should comply with other countries if the U.S. wants other countries to comply with them ...

    WHEN Italy files the extradition for Knox to return to Italy, the U.S. will need to comply ... cannot have a "double standard" ...

    All JMO ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    BBM: Exactly ! IF you are "innocent" you do NOT need a PR "machine" IMO...

    AND ... the latest news is that Knox's Italian defense attorneys -- Luciano Ghirga and Carlo Dalla Vedova -- went to Seattle to discuss the upcoming retrial of the Appeal with Knox.

    Of course, this is normal for your attorney to discuss any upcoming legal proceedings with you ... but it is interesting that they flew from Perugia, Italy to Seattle ...

    Hmmm ... IF Knox is innocent, why didn't she go to Italy and meet with her attorneys there ? Because she KNOWS what the outcome is going to be ...

    The link about the Perugian attorneys' visit to Seattle is in Italian but was translated by the good people at True Justice for Meredith Kercher [not sure if that site can be linked].

    I can't imagine that was the advice of her Italian lawyers to not show up at the trial. That doesn't look good at all if you pretend to be innocent. It is also very disrespectful towards the victim and her family. In Knox's own words, Meredith was her 'good friend'. She could just attend the trial and not be afraid of any immediate arrest. That will still take a year or two till the trials are finalized. So why does she not show up?

    It will indeed be interesting to see what Sollecito does. His father has said he will be attending, and he himself seems to be hiding in the US. He even begged his supporters (or should I say Knox's supporters?) out of $20K or so. Not bad for beer money, not good enough for his expensive lawyers. We will see what the trials will bring. I personally hope that it will be fast and doesn't bring much publicity. Only the better for the Kercher family. Justice for Meredith Kercher is coming.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    All the names mentioned above are REAL VICTIMS ... and they had absolutely nothing to do with their situations ...

    These ladies listed above were kidnapped, brutally raped and assaulted, and lost many years of their lives !

    It is an insult to put Knox in the same category as these brave women !

    Amanda Knox IS NOT a victim -- MEREDITH KERCHER is the VICTIM !

    Thank you for separating the real victims from the convicted criminal.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Clearly we will have to agree to disagree as I believe Amanda is completely innocent and the prosecutor was a nut.
    That's exactly what the PR team was hired to do: convince the US public that some crazy man from a backwards medieval town in Italy decided that it would be good fun to try to pin a murder charge on a sweet woman from Seattle.

    Since two prosecutors were involved in the trial, are we to assume that only one was a "nut", or where they both nuts?

  10. #40
    Emi's Avatar
    Emi is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    2,935
    I have to agree with Mrs G. Norris and I also believe that Amanda Marie Knox is completely innocent.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SWO :)
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    Amanda Knox IS NOT a victim -- MEREDITH KERCHER is the VICTIM !
    if amanda is not guilty of murdering MK --as many believe-- then yes, she too is a victim of the italian justice system... a victim who has every right to get the truth out, even using a PR firm to assist.
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    It will indeed be interesting to see what Sollecito does. His father has said he will be attending, and he himself seems to be hiding in the US.
    Would Sollecito have the right not to attend the trial?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Would Sollecito have the right not to attend the trial?
    I think so, but he recently said in an interview that he will attend. We will see in a few more weeks.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    The recent Supreme Court of Cassation decision has now been translated into English :

    The link can be found at :

    http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/vie...141747#p141747

    Perugiamurderfile.org translation of the Supreme Court report
    v1.0 - September 9, 2013.pdf
    English translation of the Supreme Court's judgment
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    if amanda is not guilty of murdering MK --as many believe-- then yes, she too is a victim of the italian justice system... a victim who has every right to get the truth out, even using a PR firm to assist.
    Knox is not a victim. She has been convicted of criminal activities and she has spent three years in jail. Patrick Lumumba and his family are Knox's known victims. Meredith Kercher is another of her victims. Knox was convicted of murder, and the appeal that resulted in her release from jail has been annulled. The repeat of her appeal could result in an affirmation of her conviction.

    She is no victim. Innocent people do not find themselves in the heap of trouble that Knox brought on herself.

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread