The case for murder, #2

cynic

Reaction score
Here is an animation that I did based on the police theory of the case:

[video=youtube;FVbzGlEQSPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbzGlEQSPs[/video]

A few notes regarding the pictures that were used in the animation:
I resized a female to be 5 feet, 3 and a half inches using an assumption that the railing is 36” high.
The final hanging location is also based on the above assumption.
She is depicted as standing on the outside of the railing; she, of course, was on the inside.
She is depicted as bent over backwards because I wanted to show where the face would be.

Standing:
2yvtq1w.jpg

Bent:
1enj1i.jpg

Falling:
akd4ee.jpg

9’ Mark:
2zow0t2.jpg

Final location 9’2”
n6t9b8.jpg

Where are the injuries?
2r4rf9y.jpg

The autopsy report says the following with respect to the head and torso of RN

Head:
On the central forehead there is a 1 x 1-3/4 inch group of three vertically oriented parallel, thin, linear abrasions measuring from inferior to superior, ½ inch, 5/8 inch, and 5/8 inch (discontinuous) respectively. The most inferior one is within ¼ inch of the medial edge of the left eyebrow. On the right upper forehead, just past the hairline, there is a ¼ red abrasion.

Torso:
None

So, given that her face would have be scraping over nearly 1 1/2 feet of railing, where is the injury to her nose???
More importantly, with her torso going over 2 feet of railing, why is there not a single abrasion or injury of any kind???

Please continue here and stay on topic.

Do not bicker and be prepared to link up any stated facts.

Salem

Yes, I would love to see the proof, i.e. the Links referencing the proof of same. :) (just sayin')
good idea!

ME Lucas Autopsy Report /Page 11 = BACK
----------------------------------------------------
There are MANY punctate,linear and slightly irregular abrasions on the back,extending from the neck to the mid buttocks and from each side of the back to the other.They are slightly more concentrated on the right thoracic back,with other ill-defined groups across the lower lumbar back at the upper buttocks and on the left scapular and lateral mid thoracic back.Some appear to be paired and separated by a distance of 3/8 - 1/2 inch. On the right paraspinal thoracic back, two pairs appear to be discontinuous linear abrasions measuring 3/8 and 5/8 inches in abrasions measure up to 3/16 inch in greatest dimension. The linear
abrasions measure up 3/16 inch in length. However, on the posterolateral right upper back along the right posterion axillary line there are two linear abrasions, the longest of which measures 5/16 inch.

On the lateral right thoracolumbar back there is a vertically opicatated 3 1/2 x 3/4 inch patterned contusion.There is a vertically oriented linear component.There appear to be three thin linear parallel components situated 1/4 inch apart.
=====================================================
Analysis
-------------------------
a). when ME Lucas indicates MANY....pay attention because this is the same person that wrote RZ had a MODERATE amount of dirt on the soles of her feet which we questioned after viewing the pictures that RZ's feet were actually CAKED in mud.
b).this BACK AR reads like pain inflicted/torture.
c).why can't the media/public get RZ AR BACK photos? ME Lucas allowed her naked body
to be uncovered for over 10 hours on Wednesday 7/13/11 yet Thompson/Gore wouldn't release the BACK photos.....hmmm.
RELEASE THE PHOTOS !!!

Serpico, I strongly agree with you here. If the Zahau's have the photos and are comfortable releasing Rebecca's back injuries, I would support a decision to release them. I tend to believe the photos will show just how much pain was inflicted on her back and that she was tortured. Imo, ME Lucas tends to exaggerate the least important details and minimizes the most important. I believe the photos will show much more than ME Lucas described in his autopsy report.

Serpico, I strongly agree with you here. If the Zahau's have the photos and are comfortable releasing Rebecca's back injuries, I would support a decision to release them. I tend to believe the photos will show just how much pain was inflicted on her back and that she was tortured. Imo, ME Lucas tends to exaggerate the least important details and minimizes the most important. I believe the photos will show much more than ME Lucas described in his autopsy report.
=============================================
Exactly. ME Lucas and the Thompson/Gore team has consistently,"exaggerated the least important and minimize the most important."

I'm speculating that Attorney Bremner and Zahau family never received the AR Photos of her BACK given Ann Rule's access to what Bremner received from Thompson/Gore and no photo was shown in her book.

Just think of the significance of the photo of RZ's feet did to all our analysis in trying to piece this death together after we saw the dirt wasn't moderate rather CAKED on her soles of her feet. We need to see those BACK photos so we
can do our own due diligence on the abrasions,punctures and scratches Rebecca endured.There was a Scientology woman Lisa MaCarthur (something like that) about a decade ago that wound up dead and her BACK autopsy photos were released among other AR photos....saw them this morning trying to get a visual impression of ALL these "markings" on Rebecca's back. Maybe K Z can add more specific insights from the medical verbage ME Lucas used.

I recently watched a television show where two bodies were found in a car. The victims were not naked or gagged. Their dead bodies were somewhat exposed, but protected by the vehicle they were found in. Media helicopters were flying over the scene. LE erected a large tent on scene to inspect the bodies and protect them from the media. It was eerie as the detectives kept looking to the sky and shaking their heads in disgust of the media helicopter.

I immediately thought of Rebecca. I wish a decent and professional LE agency like the one above would have responded to the scene of her death. These two bodies were not as exposed as Rebecca yet this LE agency treated them with respect. 100% more respect than Rebecca ever received. I personally cannot get over how SDSO or CPD left Rebecca's body on display for the media and gawkers on their roof to take pictures. SMH, it angers me. Rebecca was given no respect, not even an ounce. In my opinion, several people should have lost their jobs that day. However we're talking about a LE agency governed by Sheriff Gore. A man who seems to have the ability to weasel out of his wrongdoings, seemingly protected. I wonder how Sheriff Gore would have felt had this been his wife or loved one on the receiving end of this disrespect?

I recently watched a television show where two bodies were found in a car. The victims were not naked or gagged. Their dead bodies were somewhat exposed, but protected by the vehicle they were found in. Media helicopters were flying over the scene. LE erected a large tent on scene to inspect the bodies and protect them from the media. It was eerie as the detectives kept looking to the sky and shaking their heads in disgust of the media helicopter.

I immediately thought of Rebecca. I wish a decent and professional LE agency like the one above would have responded to the scene of her death. These two bodies were not as exposed as Rebecca yet this LE agency treated them with respect. 100% more respect than Rebecca ever received. I personally cannot get over how SDSO or CPD left Rebecca's body on display for the media and gawkers on their roof to take pictures. SMH, it angers me. Rebecca was given no respect, not even an ounce. In my opinion, several people should have lost their jobs that day. However we're talking about a LE agency governed by Sheriff Gore. A man who seems to have the ability to weasel out of his wrongdoings, seemingly protected. I wonder how Sheriff Gore would have felt had this been his wife or loved one on the receiving end of this disrespect?

Good point. Makes one wonder.

I want to continue to focus on brash flawed ME Lucas Autopsy Report:
1- there was no definitive indication that the blood found on RZ body if it was persevered
for testing at SDSO Crime Lab. There was only a suggestive inference that the blood was
menstrual but where was the request to test her body blood to the SDSO Crime Lab? There were no tampons mentioned in the bathroom or bedrooms from what I've read. Where are ALL the blood Crime Lab results? The original autopsy was performed 7/14/2011 yet the final written Reports contained in the AR were signed AFTER the Sept.2,2011 PC given that there is mention of video evidence showing how easily RZ right hand could slip out of knot.
2- the body of an attractive - fit - drug free - 32 year old woman was found HANGING -BOUND - NUDE with a GAG in her mouth. ME Lucas conducts the autopsy the next day....he examines the body and states there is an IUD placed,etc. but where is the reference of his sexual assault /rape kit that used and sent swabs,etc. on to the SDSO Crime Lab? Thompson/Gore boasted that "science solved this case" but where are the "science tests" that eliminated any semen/DNA found other than JS.? What we have come to understand that it was
SELECTED SCIENCE that Thompson/Gore used and manipulated to support THEIR suicide theory.
3-ME Lucas with no definitive science or lab results identifying the MANY punctate, scratches and abrasions on RZ back ....again a suggestive inference that this may have occurred
by the plants below the balcony.
4- ME Lucas again with a suggestive inference at the Sept. 2011 that the TIME OF DEATH was at 3:00am.Lucas was quoted weeks before stating the TOD was between 1am-3am but the Thompson/Gore suicide theory needed the latest time to fit. ME Lucas made NO mention of TOD in his Autopsy Report.
5- ME Lucas doesn't mention HOW the several cuts on RZ fingers could have occurred.Lucas doesn't even make his usual suggestive inference with cuts/blood on her fingers. Was RZ's BLOOD found on the orange/red rope.....I haven't read anything to suggest that. How can that be? RZ has 2 fingers cut and bleeding yet no blood on the rope and no blood on Adam's shirt or pants after he cut her down and he supposedly placed her on the courtyard grass. Where was this finger blood on her backside given her wrists were bound behind her back? Was RZ dead before she was fully bound and gagged?

Finally, did any SDSO investigator check the Washer and Dryer on the premises to determine if they were used recently or blood found? Adam's DNA was never found on RZ's body (CPR) or how about when Adam supposedly took the shirt GAG out of RZ mouth....no Adam DNA mentioned.

Many more examples of an investigation which started with leaving Rebecca uncovered for thirteen hours and going downhill from there ...

<snip>
... These two bodies were not as exposed as Rebecca yet this LE agency treated them with respect. 100% more respect than Rebecca ever received. I personally cannot get over how SDSO or CPD left Rebecca's body on display for the media and gawkers on their roof to take pictures. SMH, it angers me. Rebecca was given no respect, not even an ounce. In my opinion, several people should have lost their jobs that day. <snip> I wonder how Sheriff Gore would have felt had this been his wife or loved one on the receiving end of this disrespect?

The lack of respect displayed to this young lady by not protecting her privacy has always annoyed me greatly. Just as appalling, I have never read one word uttered by any officer in the form of an apology for allowing RZ to remain exposed.

But, then, she was discovered hanging outside; almost forfeiting her own privacy. IOW, we would not have seen the unforgettable vision if the act had been carried out indoors safe from curious eyes. And perhaps the sunny Coronado LE community may not have quick access to such equipment as a tarpaulin. Those are empty excuses, imo.

One would believe that the SDSO could have arranged for some type of canopy as soon as the need became apparent and their failure to do so was reprehensible.

I want to continue to focus on brash flawed ME Lucas Autopsy Report:
1- there was no definitive indication that the blood found on RZ body if it was persevered
for testing at SDSO Crime Lab. There was only a suggestive inference that the blood was
menstrual but where was the request to test her body blood to the SDSO Crime Lab? There were no tampons mentioned in the bathroom or bedrooms from what I've read. Where are ALL the blood Crime Lab results? The original autopsy was performed 7/14/2011 yet the final written Reports contained in the AR were signed AFTER the Sept.2,2011 PC given that there is mention of video evidence showing how easily RZ right hand could slip out of knot.
2- the body of an attractive - fit - drug free - 32 year old woman was found HANGING -BOUND - NUDE with a GAG in her mouth. ME Lucas conducts the autopsy the next day....he examines the body and states there is an IUD placed,etc. but where is the reference of his sexual assault /rape kit that used and sent swabs,etc. on to the SDSO Crime Lab? Thompson/Gore boasted that "science solved this case" but where are the "science tests" that eliminated any semen/DNA found other than JS.? What we have come to understand that it was
SELECTED SCIENCE that Thompson/Gore used and manipulated to support THEIR suicide theory.
3-ME Lucas with no definitive science or lab results identifying the MANY punctate, scratches and abrasions on RZ back ....again a suggestive inference that this may have occurred
by the plants below the balcony.
4- ME Lucas again with a suggestive inference at the Sept. 2011 that the TIME OF DEATH was at 3:00am.Lucas was quoted weeks before stating the TOD was between 1am-3am but the Thompson/Gore suicide theory needed the latest time to fit. ME Lucas made NO mention of TOD in his Autopsy Report.
5- ME Lucas doesn't mention HOW the several cuts on RZ fingers could have occurred.Lucas doesn't even make his usual suggestive inference with cuts/blood on her fingers. Was RZ's BLOOD found on the orange/red rope.....I haven't read anything to suggest that. How can that be? RZ has 2 fingers cut and bleeding yet no blood on the rope and no blood on Adam's shirt or pants after he cut her down and he supposedly placed her on the courtyard grass. Where was this finger blood on her backside given her wrists were bound behind her back? Was RZ dead before she was fully bound and gagged?

Finally, did any SDSO investigator check the Washer and Dryer on the premises to determine if they were used recently or blood found? Adam's DNA was never found on RZ's body (CPR) or how about when Adam supposedly took the shirt GAG out of RZ mouth....no Adam DNA mentioned.

BBM - Good point. Was there blood found on the rope? If her fingers were bleeding you would expect blood to be found on the knots she allegedly tied. I would think even more blood would be on the blue gag. In my opinion, ME Lucas gave more attention to Rebecca's manicured fingernails than the cuts on her fingers. Which is more important a manicure or the cuts on the fingers of a possible homicide victim? Another example of exaggerating and minimizing the important pieces of evidence.

BBM - Good point. Was there blood found on the rope? If her fingers were bleeding you would expect blood to be found on the knots she allegedly tied. I would think even more blood would be on the blue gag. In my opinion, ME Lucas gave more attention to Rebecca's manicured fingernails than the cuts on her fingers. Which is more important a manicure or the cuts on the fingers of a possible homicide victim? Another example of exaggerating and minimizing the important pieces of evidence.

Excellent point on the blue shirt GAG.....where's the blood if she tied up herself?

I must say that I would think most competent ME's would've conducted a more thorough RZ autopsy than the brash ME Lucas. Lucas sees MANY cuts/abrasions on her back, no drugs in system, cuts on her fingers,blood on fingers,thighs,feet,etc. young and fit, nude - bound and gagged and 24 hours later doesn't use an assault/rape kit on this woman....why not? Please enlighten me why Lucas didn't bring out the assault/rape kit the next day after finally picking up her body at 1043 Ocean Blvd.

Excellent point on the blue shirt GAG.....where's the blood if she tied up herself?

I must say that I would think most competent ME's would've conducted a more thorough RZ autopsy than the brash ME Lucas. Lucas sees MANY cuts/abrasions on her back, no drugs in system, cuts on her fingers,blood on fingers,thighs,feet,etc. young and fit, nude - bound and gagged and 24 hours later doesn't use an assault/rape kit on this woman....why not? Please enlighten me why Lucas didn't bring out the assault/rape kit the next day after finally picking up her body at 1043 Ocean Blvd.

I've not seen pics of Rebecca's fingers being cut? Do you have pics of this? TIA

I've not seen pics of Rebecca's fingers being cut? Do you have pics of this? TIA
===============================================
Ask Lucas and Thompson/Gore about the photos.....Ann Rule's book page 219....On the back on RZ right hand ,ME Lucas saw4 red scratches, and there was a deeper abrasion between her 3rd and 4th finger.....

===============================================
Ask Lucas and Thompson/Gore about the photos.....Ann Rule's book page 219....On the back on RZ right hand ,ME Lucas saw4 red scratches, and there was a deeper abrasion between her 3rd and 4th finger.....

Hmm, why don't you ask them for the photos? I don't reside in Coronado or San Diego.

On page 219 Ann Rules' book says: "On the back of Rebecca’s right hand, Lucas saw four red scratches, and there was a deeper abrasion between her third and fourth finger with skin tags that had been torn free at the edges of the wound."

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (p. 219). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

That is very interesting. You may be onto something. If Rebecca's finger was injured and bloody BEFORE the ropes were cut and tied up around her wrists and ankles, certainly she'd have used tissue to wipe the blood off. Did LE find any tissues with blood in the wastebaskets?

If Rebecca's finger was bleeding and she did NOT wipe off the blood, you'd think she'd get some blood on the ropes or paintbrushes or other objects in the murder room *IF* she herself had used those items. Otherwise, one would have to reasonably assume that the finger abrasions occurred AFTER Rebecca was already dead as blood would not be seeping out of her skin post-mortem.

Do we know if those finger abrasions occur BEFORE or AFTER Rebecca was deceased? Could the finger abrasions happen from brushing against the cactus plant under the hanging balcony? These are the questions that LE should have answered in her case files.

Hmm, why don't you ask them for the photos? I don't reside in Coronado or San Diego.

On page 219 Ann Rules' book says: "On the back of Rebecca’s right hand, Lucas saw four red scratches, and there was a deeper abrasion between her third and fourth finger with skin tags that had been torn free at the edges of the wound."

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (p. 219). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

That is very interesting. You may be onto something. If Rebecca's finger was injured and bloody BEFORE the ropes were cut and tied up around her wrists and ankles, certainly she'd have used tissue to wipe the blood off. Did LE find any tissues with blood in the wastebaskets?

If Rebecca's finger was bleeding and she did NOT wipe off the blood, you'd think she'd get some blood on the ropes or paintbrushes or other objects in the murder room *IF* she herself had used those items. Otherwise, one would have to reasonably assume that the finger abrasions occurred AFTER Rebecca was already dead as blood would not be seeping out of her skin post-mortem.

Do we know if those finger abrasions occur BEFORE or AFTER Rebecca was deceased? Could the finger abrasions happen from brushing against the cactus plant under the hanging balcony? These are the questions that LE should have answered in her case files.
=================================================
EXACTLY......appears she was deceased before being fully bound and gagged.

I don't reside in those areas as well. We need the Zahau family to STEP UP and start releasing more evidence unless they are using them as "chips" for a settlement which does nothing to resolve Rebecca's death. Hey Mary and Doug....start releasing the evidence to your supporters and the media for Rebecca's sake.

snipped and BBM for focus

Hi Serpico - Following article dated, eerily and coincidentally, the day Rebecca's body was found. Maybe the following explains WHY no rape kit was used. IMO even IF young, brash, soon-to-be-promoted ME Jonathan Lucas HAD used the rape kit during autopsy, his findings would have been deemed irrelevant.

Rape Kits Go Untested
NBC San Diego
July 13, 2011

Nine counties in California with solve rates of less than 12 percent, will have to test every rape kit they receive. Many agencies across the state said they don't have the money or resources to test every kit. It's the main reason why lawmakers want them to document what they're doing with the kits. […]

"The question is whether the investment of resources to do those analysis is worth the return you get," Steve Guroff, a supervising criminalist with the San Diego county Sheriff's Crime lab, explained.

He said before a kit can be analyzed, the lab has to receive a request from investigators. Many times, that doesn't happen.

A new measure before the state Assembly would require law enforcement agencies to document how many rape kits they receive, how many are tested and if not, why. […]

The Sheriff's Crime Lab said they have about 80 to 100 kits backlogged, meaning they've received a request but have not issued a report.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Rape-Kits-Go-Untested-125486033.html

IMO the powers that be in $AN DIEGO grossly underestimated the repercussions their biased investigation would have..

Hi Bourne - From AR page 10, ME Lucas underplaying wounds to RZ's hands. Well, uh, yes, I would think the blood would already be dried after 13 plus hours after the original cuts that caused the bleeding (sarcasm):

There is a small amount of dried blood on the posterior right 3rd finger and on the postereolateral aspect of the mid right 4th finger and distal right 4th finger.

In attached close up of RZ hands, arrows point to what looks like a significant blister wound = "small amount of dried blood on right 3rd finger". Upper arrow points to the wound on her mid right 4th finger.

Have also attached, for easy reference, Cynic's original illustration showing wounds to RZ's hands. IMO one would think there would be blood on the rope if she handled the segments AFTER cutting herself. Then again, if someone else handled the rope and made all those knots...

Attachments

• rz_hands_cu.jpg
    rz_hands_cu.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 72
  • cynic_rz_hands.jpg
    cynic_rz_hands.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 63
Hi Bourne - From AR page 10, ME Lucas underplaying wounds to RZ's hands. Well, uh, yes, I would think the blood would already be dried after 13 plus hours after the original cuts that caused the bleeding (sarcasm):

In attached close up of RZ hands, arrows point to what looks like a significant blister wound = "small amount of dried blood on right 3rd finger". Upper arrow points to the wound on her mid right 4th finger.

Have also attached, for easy reference, Cynic's original illustration showing wounds to RZ's hands. IMO one would think there would be blood on the rope if she handled the segments AFTER cutting herself. Then again, if someone else handled the rope and made all those knots...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if the BLOOD from RZ hand/ finger dripped down to her thigh or feet before she was fully bound and gagged.

I also found those wounds/cuts on RZ hand interesting.....I wonder if some of the cuts were similar to some on her back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back