1309 users online (246 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Disabled Teen Sexually Assaulted on Videotape

Witnesses: Teen Assaulted on Videotape

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A 16-year-old disabled girl was punched and forced to engage in videotaped sexual acts with several boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses.

Authorities are investigating and no charges have been filed in the alleged attack last month at Mifflin High School. Four boys suspected of involvement were sent home and have not returned to class.

Also, the principal, Regina Crenshaw, was suspended and will be fired for not calling police, school officials said. And three assistant principals were suspended and will be reassigned to other schools. Crenshaw had no comment Tuesday.

The girl was forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys, according to statements from school officials, obtained by The Columbus Dispatch. Part of the alleged assault was videotaped by a student who had a camera for a school project.

School officials found the girl bleeding from the mouth. An assistant principal cautioned the girl's father against calling 911 to avoid media attention, the statements said. The girl's father called police.

Her father said the girl is developmentally disabled. A special education teacher said the teen has a severe speech impediment.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...00.htm&sc=1110

These stories make me crazy. The school is more concerned with the publicity rather than doing the right thing. I hope they all pay the price.

What a horrible thing for this girl to go through. If I were a parent to one of those boys, not only would I be so ashamed of them, I'd beat the livin crap out of them. If I was the parent of the girl, I'd beat the crap out of them. But my teenage sons would never even think about degrading a woman so horribly. If anything they would be in a fight with the boys to stop it if they were around. I'm proud of my sons! Yep, they always stand up for the underdog.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Oh my goodness...I am so sad...What is it with these creeps!!!!!
    Poor girl. Poor girl...
    I feel like crying...those evil creeps...

praying for her...

Four boys suspected of involvement were sent home and have not returned to class.
    And tell me why these boys are not in jail??!!!

How sick...how very very sick...and how ever sicker of the school officials to try to cover it up instead of seeking justice!!!
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    What a horrible thing for this girl to go through. If I were a parent to one of those boys, not only would I be so ashamed of them, I'd beat the livin crap out of them. If I was the parent of the girl, I'd beat the crap out of them. But my teenage sons would never even think about degrading a woman so horribly. If anything they would be in a fight with the boys to stop it if they were around. I'm proud of my sons! Yep, they always stand up for the underdog.
    We need more moms like you, who teach their sons the right thing.
    As the mom of teenage and preteen girls, I thank you.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4374697/detail.html

According to witness accounts given to school investigators, a 16-year-old developmentally-delayed student claimed she was dragged into the auditorium and was forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys, while more than a dozen other students were called to watch.

One student reportedly videotaped the sex acts, NBC 4's Colleen Marshall reported.

"If you scream, I'll have my boys punch you," one student witness reported hearing an attacker warn the girl.

Then the student saw the girl drop to her knees after she was punched in the face, Marshall reported.
    Special education teacher Julie Calvario said the girl told her, "She was scared and told him to stop, but he hit her in the head and told her to be quiet."

But even after they were alerted to the alleged criminal acts, administrators did not call police or the victim's father, NBC 4 reported.

More than one hour later, teacher Lisa Upshaw called the father, and said when he arrived he, "asked if we were going to call the police. Mr. (Richard) Watson said, No, we don't want to do that. We don't want the police.'"
    Administrators reportedly warned the father that if police were called, the news media would follow.

Police now have the videotape and the investigation is continuing. So far, no charges have been filed.

I was going nuts wondering why no students came to her aid, but apparently there were a number who did.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...4868311111.xml

One witness told investigators he looked for a school security guard but could not find anyone.

"We went back to the auditorium; the victim was 'butt naked,' " the witness said, and someone "was on top of her."

The attackers then ran from the scene, and witnesses helped the girl get dressed before taking her to a security employee, who is not a police officer.

Why in the heck have there been no arrests yet? They have this on video for cying out loud. Has Mr Richard Watson lost his job? Unbelievable.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_340119.html

Two students were charged Wednesday with juvenile counts of rape and kidnapping in the videotaped sexual assault of a developmentally disabled girl in a high school auditorium, police said. The former principal was charged with failing to notify police of the alleged assault.
    The two male suspects -- Brandyn Hobbs, 15, and Timothy C. Armistead, 16 -- also are charged with juvenile counts of sexual battery and kidnapping, police said.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew

Two students were charged Wednesday with juvenile counts of rape and kidnapping in the videotaped sexual assault of a developmentally disabled girl in a high school auditorium, police said. The former principal was charged with failing to notify police of the alleged assault.
    The two male suspects -- Brandyn Hobbs, 15, and Timothy C. Armistead, 16 -- also are charged with juvenile counts of sexual battery and kidnapping, police said.
    Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew

I'm guessing since they published their names they are going to go afterthem as adults and not juveniles right?!!! I hope so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    I'm guessing since they published their names they are going to go afterthem as adults and not juveniles right?!!! I hope so!!!
    Good...teach these creeps that they can't get away with it....
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

I cannot believe the attitude of the administration of the school. What else has gone on in that school that they have covered up. That poor girl. I hope those boys fry!