LA LA - Brandon Wise, 22, New Orleans, 01 June 2006

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
New Orleans native, Brandon Wise, evacuated to Texas during Katrina. He returned to NOLA in 2006, and subsequently was incarcerated at Central Lockup on a misdemeanor, according to his brother. The last time his family spoke to him, he was in jail. Tonight, his brother and sister spoke with Sheba Turk on WWL/WUPL's "The 504". Nicole Harris of LSU's FACES Lab was also a guest. Here's the link to the video.

The 504: How Katrina destroyed evidence, affected cold cases

xj7a.jpg

Identifying features
Tattoos: wolf head on right shoulder, flames with "Brandon" in the middle, dagger with a cloud on left leg. Both ears pierced. Both upper lateral incisors have gold crowns.

Date of Birth:1983-10-15
Ht: 73 inches
Wt: 138
FACES Case #532
Agency Case # F-17284-06
Agency: New Orleans Police Department (504)658-5300

La Repository for Unidentified and Missing People

NamUs

Thanks for starting this thread, Bessie. I'm ashamed to say I was not aware of Brandon's case.

Brandon is listed on NamUs as being 73" tall (6'1") and only 130-140 lbs. My DH is about 6 feet tall and weighs around 180; he wears a size 33 waist & people always refer to him as thin. IMO Brandon would be VERY thin at 130-140 lbs and over 6 feet tall. Seems like it would be hard to miss a tall, super thin guy like Brandon if you crossed paths with him. It's a shame his case & description aren't better known so people could keep an eye out for him.

I'm really glad to see this news program doing a series on the missing in NOLA.

Some questions I have from the video:

What facility was Brandon locked up in?

Is there record of him being processed for release (or proof he actually left the facility alive)?

Thanks Bessie for starting this thread. I had never heard about Brandon Wise before last night's WWLTV news story. Looks like I'm not alone.
And KTGirl, I thought the same as I watched last night. Seems like since he called family while in jail, he would have called once he was out. Did someone (a friend) pick him up? Did anyone see him after being released?
Something seems strange with his release to me, too.

Brandon has a Namus page:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14549

Per Namus, looks like he was released from NO Central Lock Up...."Brandon was released from central lock-up in New Orleans. He has not been seen or heard from since. He may have gone to Houston, TX"

According to the news report from WWLTV his brother went to bail him out, but he was already released...the charges were dropped? Maybe they needed space for more violent criminals that night?

“What's so strange about it is that when he went to jail my other brother went to bail him out and by the time he went down there, he said he was already released,” Avis says.
Brandon was booked in Orleans Parish Prison for disturbing the peace and criminal trespassing. But at 7 pm on June 1, 2006, the Sheriff's office released him on all charges. This time though, he didn't contact his family, and he hasn't been heard from since.

Brandon has been missing for ten years now.

Charley Project

wise_brandon.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 1, 2006 from New Orleans, Louisiana
• Classification: Missing
• Date of Birth: October 15, 1983
• Height and Weight: 6'1, 138 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Wise's ears are pierced and both upper lateral incisors have gold crowns. He has a tattoo of a wolf's head on his right shoulder and a tattoo of a dagger and a cloud on his left leg. He also has a tattoo of his name "Brandon" with flames in the middle, possibly on his left arm. He has previously broken his jaw.

Details of Disappearance
Wise was last seen in New Orleans, Louisiana on June 1, 2006. He had been incarcerated on misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and disturbing the peace, and disappeared after he was released from jail. He has never been heard from again. Wise may be driving a black Pontiac Grand Prix with Texas license plates; it was rented from Enterprise. He may have traveled to the Houston, Texas area. Few details are available in his case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back