Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
17-year-old Alexis Murphy was last seen at approximately 7:15 pm on Saturday, August 3. Her car was found abandoned a few days later. Alexis is still missing.

alexis-murphy-2.jpg
alexissurv1_296.jpg
alexsurv2_296.png

Randy Allen Taylor has been arrested and charged with the abduction of Alexis. If you've seen him or his truck in the last week, please call the tip line.

BReUHAOCUAAsG1P.jpg:large
23111299_BG3.jpg

Anyone with any information on Alexis Murphy or Randy Taylor is asked to call the the Nelson County Sheriff's Office tip line at 434-263-7050.

Case Map - http://goo.gl/maps/zJRgO

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed. Unless the minors are the victims, please do not post their name, only their initials.

Thanks.

I love how cops arrested the wrong guy on that search warrant in Lynchburg last night. I mean, that has to be a joke, right?

I love how cops arrested the wrong guy on that search warrant in Lynchburg last night. I mean, that has to be a joke, right?

Do you have a link on this? I missed whatever happened last night.

Taylor was the beautiful daughter of close family friends of ours. As a matter of fact, her uncle is one of our best friends. This animal took a plea and now wants to thrown out.

"A Richmond lawyer has filed a petition seeking to vacate the second-degree murder conviction of Benjamin Fawley in the 2006 asphyxiation slaying of Virginia Commonwealth University freshman Taylor Marie Behl.

The 10-page writ of habeas corpus filed in Mathews County Circuit Court alleges that Fawley was not of sound mind when he entered his guilty plea and that he did so on the "errant, misguided and ill-conceived advice" of his court-appointed attorney, William E. Johnson."

I pray this doesn't happen and in the words of Taylor's mom, Janet (Teeny), I hope they love him to death in prison.

I feel for Taylors family and for you.There was a time in Va in the not-so-distant past when the defendant wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell of winning his case.

People like him and RAT are the reasons why I changed my stance on the death penalty in my mid-twenties.I cant for the life of me understand how any sane human being could find the slightest bit of sympathy for pieces of crap like this, yet it's becoming more and more common.

A family in Michigan has had threats, a fire started in their garage while they were sleeping and have been ostracized by teachers and the school board because they had the courage to report a teacher for molesting their 13 year old child. Some of the teachers actually defended this creep saying it was an isolated incident and that he said he was sorry.

Absolutely unbelievable.

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that youre able to find a conservative judge that throws his case out of court.

continue here:

The hearing for today has been ordered closed to the media:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_6227e732-0a4f-11e3-9307-0019bb30f31a.html

The above linked article needs to correct Alexis' last name.

Here is the News & Advance article with a bit more info:

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_29e02a6a-0a18-11e3-8112-001a4bcf6878.html

Found this interesting:

The order states the court found good cause to close the hearing “on the bases that the circuit court has already ordered all search warrants sealed in this case and that this case is under continuing investigation by three law enforcement agencies.”

The order followed a request by The News & Advance for media and/or still photography coverage of the hearing. It was signed after a conference call on Commonwealth’s Attorney Anthony Martin’s motion to close the bond hearing.

Defense attorney Michael Hallahan objected to the motion.

I have another issue with the judicial system. Previous similar acts and acts that obviously lead up to the higher level crimes absolutely need to be brought into a trial.

Stalking, Burglary, Assault, Carrying a concealed weapon by a felon, Breaking and Entering, etc even smoked or tinted windows all applicable and/or all practice for/to the elevated crimes of Abduction, rape and murder.

Please someone with more experience on this board assure me that RAT
isn't going to get away with this!

A theory that I'm working with, that he is masking his bigger crime with
a smaller crime, does anyone think it is meritorious?

Say he abducts and kills someone quickly, within a few hours, and he's in a different vehicle--one that he has assembled from parts and doesn't have a registration for, basically the vehicle doesn't exist.

Then, goes home and showers and changes vehicles, goes miles away from the dumping site and then roars down the street (speeding ) and gets himself arrested. This he can do by listening to a scanner and finding out where police are.

Since LE might only eventually have the abduction down to a few hours leeway, he might already have been in the station being booked on the petty crime during that window.
And I can see that the fines for these offenses are also petty--a good bargain for getting away with murder. This is the kind of canniness that someone might pick up from CSI, etc.

But in these shows, the person always eventually trips on their #cough#
own feet. Please tell me that will be so....to me this guy aint no genius, just thinks he's one.

Also, those other POIs in the SC case--wonder if they are running a completely legit repo biz, I mean, if someone was missing so many payments
and they knew they were up for repo and then someone repos it, and then they can't find out who did it--is there any cases reported like that? As a repo biz, they might be privy to who's up for repo, and even though they aren't hired for the job, they might go out and repo it anyway, break the car down during the confusion and then farm the parts out among a network of chop
shops. First of all, no offense to anyone running a legit repo biz, but I have personally known a few that were just a tiny bit away from being car thieves!!

They worked closely with bail bondsmen, again I know these people personally and they were NOT upstanding citizens, even the woman bondsman
had her bounty hunting creds and would crack someone over the head with a giant flashlight and pull guns on people, once they basically kidnapped a woman, handcuffed her to the back seat of a van and drove her across two state lines w/o even telling the poor creature why, she thought she was going to be murdered and they laughed about it later.

Man they are keeping the vest closed, not just close to the vest! SHESH! No media allowed in for the hearing, thus we'll get no new information! UGH UGH UGH!!! JUST WHEN are they going to search for ALEXIS!!!

The incident in Lynchburg...could be related, might not be. The address they went to is a registered sex offender. Not sure if the man they subdued and was sent to the ER is the owner of the residence or not. I've lived in the area my entire life, and I've personally never heard of them locking down the ER and closing off all streets to downtown Lynchburg. They could have, and I didn't hear about it, but sure sounds strange!

Also, those other POIs in the SC case--wonder if they are running a completely legit repo biz, I mean, if someone was missing so many payments
and they knew they were up for repo and then someone repos it, and then they can't find out who did it--is there any cases reported like that? As a repo biz, they might be privy to who's up for repo, and even though they aren't hired for the job, they might go out and repo it anyway, break the car down during the confusion and then farm the parts out among a network of chop
shops. First of all, no offense to anyone running a legit repo biz, but I have personally known a few that were just a tiny bit away from being car thieves!!

They worked closely with bail bondsmen, again I know these people personally and they were NOT upstanding citizens, even the woman bondsman
had her bounty hunting creds and would crack someone over the head with a giant flashlight and pull guns on people, once they basically kidnapped a woman, handcuffed her to the back seat of a van and drove her across two state lines w/o even telling the poor creature why, she thought she was going to be murdered and they laughed about it later.

Not sure if it was a legit business or not. I don't remember seeing a name for the repo business. There was a case in Bedford County where a guy was charged/found guilty of towing vehicles that were broken down on the side of the road, and taking them to the crusher! He sold some parts off the vehicles and at one time had a graveyard of sorts for vehicles that people would get parts from. (Can't think of the word I'm looking for! The place were people can buy used parts for vehicles. Sometimes acres of vehicles there.) That particular man made lots of money, and it took years before he was caught.

Not sure if it was a legit business or not. I don't remember seeing a name for the repo business. There was a case in Bedford County where a guy was charged/found guilty of towing vehicles that were broken down on the side of the road, and taking them to the crusher! He sold some parts off the vehicles and at one time had a graveyard of sorts for vehicles that people would get parts from. (Can't think of the word I'm looking for! The place were people can buy used parts for vehicles. Sometimes acres of vehicles there.) That particular man made lots of money, and it took years before he was caught.

exactly. wonder if RAT has crushed any vehicles lately? This ex-boss of his across the street from the Liberty should volunteer any info he has about where he sends vehicles to crush or any partial vehicles he has released into
RAT's custody, and if he buys repo'ed cars from lenders, ya know, ones they feel aren't worth writing substantial loans for. Or if he's ever sold vehicles that have been almost entirely rebuilt from many other cars starting from chassis and then on up.

trying to think like a criminal--his comfort zone revolves around vehicles and in his self-delusional scheming he thinks he can make vehicles work in his favor against LE. To me, it seems like someone without a license and registration would be on the down low and avoid being pulled over, or have a fake DL, but he seems to court these petty violations. And it's not like he's always lived in the same small town so the local cops know him, this happens
in all the towns he moves to. And no DUIs which would carry a much higher fine and then jail time, he's letting himself be caught for these minor hand-slapping offenses on purpose, IMO.

If someone more experienced with these things thinks I'm completely in left field, please let me know asap, I have super-thick skin and invite critique.

I have another issue with the judicial system. Previous similar acts and acts that obviously lead up to the higher level crimes absolutely need to be brought into a trial.

Stalking, Burglary, Assault, Carrying a concealed weapon by a felon, Breaking and Entering, etc even smoked or tinted windows all applicable and/or all practice for/to the elevated crimes of Abduction, rape and murder.

So you'd lock up ten thousand petty criminals for life just to stop one murderer? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

exactly. wonder if RAT has crushed any vehicles lately? This ex-boss of his across the street from the Liberty should volunteer any info he has about where he sends vehicles to crush or any partial vehicles he has released into
RAT's custody, and if he buys repo'ed cars from lenders, ya know, ones they feel aren't worth writing substantial loans for. Or if he's ever sold vehicles that have been almost entirely rebuilt from many other cars starting from chassis and then on up.

trying to think like a criminal--his comfort zone revolves around vehicles and in his self-delusional scheming he thinks he can make vehicles work in his favor against LE. To me, it seems like someone without a license and registration would be on the down low and avoid being pulled over, or have a fake DL, but he seems to court these petty violations. And it's not like he's always lived in the same small town so the local cops know him, this happens
in all the towns he moves to. And no DUIs which would carry a much higher fine and then jail time, he's letting himself be caught for these minor hand-slapping offenses on purpose, IMO.

If someone more experienced with these things thinks I'm completely in left field, please let me know asap, I have super-thick skin and invite critique.

Considering all the debts he appears to have with the state and other places (some of those charges appear to be eviction notices), and where he's living now, it's possible he's one of those guys who just doesn't renew because he doesn't have the money. Then when he gets caught, he renews, brings in the documentation, and gets the charges dropped. I don't know about in VA but in MA or MT there didn't used to even be a fine. I have relatives who do this regularly...

BBM and enlarged

The place that he did work isn't across the street from Liberty. Think Nancy Grace reported it was, but it's not. Where he worked was a used car sales place. His ex boss reported he detailed vehicles...washing, vacuuming, etc.

Didn't see a wrecker removed from his property, though if it was a tow behind, we might not have seen it in the few photos that were released.

I believe some of the great sleuthers here have done several maps showing his arrests, where he was living, and locations of missing people. From what I gather, so far no connection between arrests and missing people have panned out.

:moo:

So you'd lock up ten thousand petty criminals for life just to stop one murderer? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

copied by me from Just K:
Stalking, Burglary, Assault, Carrying a concealed weapon by a felon, Breaking and Entering,

It's about what all of these things add up to, IMO. Certainly, one with this kind of rap sheet shouldn't be protesting too much when they are the prime suspect when all of these offenses converge into an alledged abduction, when the prime suspect admits that the victim was with him just before/during the alledged abduction!

The RAT doth protesteth too much to quote the bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy