GUILTY NE - Four killed in Omaha crime spree, Nikko Jenkins charged, Aug 2013

Snick1946

Reaction score
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Homicide-Investigated-In-West-Omaha-220483801.html

This story broke this morning and is all over local news media here. I am familiar with where this happened, there are some odd circumstances. This sort of thing is very rare in this area.

Her husband is on every news channel here being interviewed. Something doesn't feel right but maybe that's just me...

PS- Two news outlets in the Omaha area with websites have 'disabled' comments on this news story. I have not seen that happen on any prior high profile crime here like this. I suspect there may have been some allegations being made they wanted no part of..

Snick1946, Are you familiar with the Deja Vu Lounge? (Just had a 1970's flashback) Anyway, I was wondering if it was a nice place. I know creeps can hang out anywhere, but IMO some places are worse than others. I wonder if a customer was giving her a hard time and forced her out into her car.

Ever since Susan Smith killed her boys and gave her TV interviews I have been somewhat suspicious of any person who gives interviews immediately after a death. I would not be able to get out of bed. I think: deflection.

The couple were texting each other about the daughter's fever. Andrea Kruger left work early and the husband did not know why unless it was to go home and check on the dau. I would think with the texting going on Andrea would have texted him that she was coming home early. MOO

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Homicide-Investigated-In-West-Omaha-220483801.html

This story broke this morning and is all over local news media here. I am familiar with where this happened, there are some odd circumstances. This sort of thing is very rare in this area.

Her husband is on every news channel here being interviewed. Something doesn't feel right but maybe that's just me...

PS- Two news outlets in the Omaha area with websites have 'disabled' comments on this news story. I have not seen that happen on any prior high profile crime here like this. I suspect there may have been some allegations being made they wanted no part of..

Update: Homicide Victim's Vehicle Located from same link as above.

Snick1946, Are you familiar with the Deja Vu Lounge? (Just had a 1970's flashback) Anyway, I was wondering if it was a nice place. I know creeps can hang out anywhere, but IMO some places are worse than others. I wonder if a customer was giving her a hard time and forced her out into her car.

Ever since Susan Smith killed her boys and gave her TV interviews I have been somewhat suspicious of any person who gives interviews immediately after a death. I would not be able to get out of bed. I think: deflection.

The couple were texting each other about the daughter's fever. Andrea Kruger left work early and the husband did not know why unless it was to go home and check on the dau. I would think with the texting going on Andrea would have texted him that she was coming home early. MOO

I will try to locate some video of the husband being interviewed. My wife watched it and said right away that something is wrong here; he is cool as a cucumber. Shock, maybe? I hope so.

I have never been in that lounge but know where it is. It's surrounded by middle-upper class residential areas, some very expensive homes in that part of greater Omaha. It looks like an upscale place, they have outdoor tables available.

Update: Homicide Victim's Vehicle Located from same link as above.

Found at 43 and Charles. A high crime area quite a distance away.

I will say it would be most unusual for someone living in that area to come all the way out here to do a carjacking. This may be an attempt to make it look like that's what this was. I am so cynical sometimes, you get that way on here after awhile..

"He first realized something was wrong when he woke up and she wasn't there." From link upthread.

Says the husband is not a suspect. She was shot multiple times. There is a picture of LE a barriers around victim, she was in the middle of a large intersection. There didn't appear to be any homes or business looking out to area. Big long high privacy fence around homes in area.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130821/NEWS/130829769

Says the husband is not a suspect. She was shot multiple times. There is a picture of LE a barriers around victim, she was in the middle of a large intersection. There didn't appear to be any homes or business looking out to area. Big long high privacy fence around homes in area.

Yet they were texting about their daughter with a fever. Seems like he would have been up to check on her if it was seriously enough that there were several texts about it. I can't help but be skeptical as well.

Yet they were texting about their daughter with a fever. Seems like he would have been up to check on her if it was seriously enough that there were several texts about it. I can't help but be skeptical as well.

Maybe they texted all the time about everything while she was working. With 3 kids I doubt the fever was that serious of an issue. I'm wondering why she was shot multiple times just to take a car.

I live in the area and know several people who were very good friends with Andrea. Nobody is really saying anything other than she was an amazing and wonderful person. Very sad.

yeah ... weird circumstances

at first glance, it certainly seems like a carjacking though

I hope for the kid's sake dad is not involved - they've already lost one parent

ETA: I'm thinking the gunshop has security video that caught someone throwing something on to the roof. How else would LE know to collect evidence from there?

(snips)
An Omaha police officer radioed the Sheriff's Office about 6:30 p.m., saying he'd found the vehicle in the alley.

Investigators used a Fire Department rig and placed ladders against a nearby gun shop. A sheriff's deputy then climbed up one of the ladders, recovered items on the roof and placed them in a bag.

and

Kruger likely was shot in the same spot where her body was found. She died at the scene, said Lt. Rob Jones of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

Is the location she was found on her way home from work? I'm wondering if she pulled over to help someone she thought was broken down or something.

Was just on the news here. Apartment dwellers called 911 early this evening after recognizing her vehicle in the alley behind their apt. complex. They said it had been there since 3am.

Is the location she was found on her way home from work? I'm wondering if she pulled over to help someone she thought was broken down or something.

Just a couple blocks from her house.

Tight timeline.

http://www.kptm.com/story/23224864/husband-reacts-to-wifes-murder

(snip)
Investigators say Andrea Kruger was the last worker to leave the DéJà Vu lounge off 178th and Pacific just before 2a.m. Wednesday morning.
It was just 20 minutes later when officers say gunshots rang out near 168th and Fort. By the time police got there, however, the mother of three was dead in the middle of the road. Her SUV gone. "Someone killed her and just left her."

Sorry for all of the posts. What time do bars close there? Is the above 2am statement incorrect? The last employee to leave a bar, IMO, leaves no earlier than 3am.

I wonder what shape the car was in? Were there any parts stripped/stolen? Sound system ripped out? Wheels taken? Seems sort of strange, don't hijackers strip autos they steal? Of course this could have been a carjacking gone bad and maybe the perp decided to dump it quickly.

Local news reports are mentioning possible road rage as a motive.

I was shocked when I saw this and I don't know why because lately it seems Omaha has had it's share of violent/gun related crimes however maybe it is the location that was troublesome. One thing that stood out to me was the items recovered from the roof of a gun shop? If it was a car jacking and the person was in a hurry, why go up to a store and place items there and then leave, risking the chance of someone seeing you? The whole car jacking theory, imo, does not fit.
Edited: I am also curious as to whether or not the gun shop has security cameras that could have picked up on the person(s) activity and also where Andrea's car was dumped, I wonder if there are any cameras?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back