Dr Phil and the Drunk Girl Sex Tweet

believe09

Reaction score
(CNN) -- Dr. Phil McGraw has incurred the wrath of the Internet after a tweet posted on his verified Twitter account asked if it's OK to have sex with a drunk girl.

The outrage was swift:
From @spsook: If a doctor doesn't understand consent, has he abdicated his medical authority? reply y/n to @DrPhil #teensaccused

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am not a fan at all. If you take the time to check the guy out, you will see that imo Oprah owes all of us a heartfelt apology for "discovering" him.

Then his staff (or he himself) deletes the tweet...all the while claiming it was an attempt to provoke discussion.

Yeah right.

LINK HERE

In what context was it asked? Was it asked to about a certain show or case?

I am not a fan at all. If you take the time to check the guy out, you will see that imo Oprah owes all of us a heartfelt apology for "discovering" him.

Then his staff (or he himself) deletes the tweet...all the while claiming it was an attempt to provoke discussion.

Yeah right.

LINK HERE

Oh, I am not a fan either. He is disgusting.

JMO

It depends on how you view his PR response EGirl.

It depends on how you view his PR response EGirl.

I'm not a huge fan of his either, but I'd like to see the exact tweet, and I didn't see that in the article.

As far as PR response.....people have been ruined for less over peoples fake outrage.

Who knows....... :shrug:

I found the tweet before it was deleted...let me see if I can find it again.

I haven't watched Dr.P in years .....clearly he's kept his moron status. Imo
That question is wrong>>>> period ! No matter how or why it was asked.

Clearly it was written (and poorly worded..) as a kind of poll.

Outrage over it is, therefore, kind of stupid.

I didn't understand the outrage until I saw that it's in reference to teens accused of rape.

I highly doubt Dr. Phil wrote that tweet himself but he's still going to suffer the fallout.

exactly-what kind of polling about that subject is appropriate? It is an illegal act. Sure, I bet an intern's head is going to roll, but it might provide some valuable insight into the machine that is Dr Phil.

Regardless, I am encouraged by the wrath because to me it seems like progress.

Yeah right.

LINK HERE

IDK, I was not really a fan, but I am enjoying his Life Code book. I think he's right on the mark with it...there are a lot of selfish, self-absorbed, me-at-any-cost people out there. In the book, he tells you how to spot them, and how to avoid them, or how to deal with them, if you must.

As for his tweet...he said he intended it to generate discussion. I guess it's done that.

I muist be dense...but I don't understand the outrage. It is not like Dr Phil was condoning having sex with a drunk teen. And it is highly unlikely that he was even the one that worded the text. Seems kind of unfair to make it out like he was implying anything out of that poorly worded tweet, imo.

IDK, I was not really a fan, but I am enjoying his Life Code book. I think he's right on the mark with it...there are a lot of selfish, self-absorbed, me-at-any-cost people out there. In the book, he tells you how to spot them, and how to avoid them, or how to deal with them, if you must.

As for his tweet...he said he intended it to generate discussion. I guess it's done that.

If you recommend it I'll pick it up. Sounds like something I would need to learn!

If you recommend it I'll pick it up. Sounds like something I would need to learn!

Well, I'll tell you....my husband is a nice guy. Sometimes, I think he's "too" nice. People are constantly walking all over him (it seems to me). I have told him he needs to read this book.

I have family members who have a ""I've gotta stay 3 steps ahead of people, so I can out fox them," type of mentality. To me, personally, that sounds exhausting. I'm reading this book to learn how to deal with them.

I'm only about 1/4 of the way through it, but it seems like it is going to be very helpful.

I don't see anything offensive about Dr. Phil's tweet. He was asking a provocative question to see how people think and what the general moral consensus is. I see nothing wrong with that. He wasn't condoning or encouraging the behavior. I also don't see why he had to delete it either. Should have just kept the tweet. I think it's a case of a few readers' misinterpretation and melodrama over NOTHING.

The mother of Nova Scotia teenager Rehtaeh Parsons is filming a segment on the U.S. talk show Dr. Phil, hours after the television therapist triggered an onslaught of criticism with a tweet asking if it is OK to have sex with a drunk girl.

Leah Parsons will be appearing on the program months after her daughter, who was from Cole Harbour, died following a suicide attempt.

Two 18-year-olds have been charged with child *advertiser censored* in connection with the case and will be back in court in September. They can't be named because they were 17 at the time of the alleged offences.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...21/ns-dr-phil-rape-tweet-rehtaeh-parsons.html

I muist be dense...but I don't understand the outrage. It is not like Dr Phil was condoning having sex with a drunk teen. And it is highly unlikely that he was even the one that worded the text. Seems kind of unfair to make it out like he was implying anything out of that poorly worded tweet, imo.

I was thinking, I thought he just wanted to know what people thought like for a show idea. I mean I don't think he was aking for personal expirenece and actually it started a conversation between my 13 year old son and I. I am not a fan of Dr Phil but this time I find myself on his side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back