1279 users online (269 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

New food trend: Ramen Burger

Meet the latest food trend: the ramen burger

Ramen burger is hamburger with a bun made of noodles

Author: Ken Haddad, Social Media Producer, KHaddad@wdiv.com

Published On: Aug 22 2013 11:01:23 AM EDT

DETROIT -
    Food is getting more creative by the day, it seems. With buns made of donuts and chicken breasts, to taco shells made of waffles. But a new contender has entered the ring of odd ball food trends. Meet the ramen burger...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...3/-/index.html

I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.

hmm

ramen noodles aren't like a healthy replacement or very tasty so I wonder what the appeal is?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.
    It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

Cronuts: yes.

Hemisphere of solid ramen in place of hamburger bun: no.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

That's how I realized I had high blood pressure. I just started eating these about a year ago. I love them, but they sure put your blood pressure through the roof, because of the high sodium.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    hmm

ramen noodles aren't like a healthy replacement or very tasty so I wonder what the appeal is?
    The broth and the price.

Lo, fried ramen isn't exactly new, nor a ramen burger, or ramen salad, ramen eggs, I could go on.

For less sodium, just don't use the entire pack of seasoning. A few sprinkles is enough for me.

Considering I can get 5 packs for a buck or under, that is not bad for times when broke. That's a buck for most of week's food.

Not healthy food by any means, but survival food. Also, ramen noodles contain a good bit of fat for what they are, so so sodium and carbs are not the only unhealthy problem. They are simply unhealthy, but cheap and filling.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.