1245 users online (284 members and 961 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

New food trend: Ramen Burger

Meet the latest food trend: the ramen burger

Ramen burger is hamburger with a bun made of noodles

Author: Ken Haddad, Social Media Producer, KHaddad@wdiv.com

Published On: Aug 22 2013 11:01:23 AM EDT

DETROIT -
    Food is getting more creative by the day, it seems. With buns made of donuts and chicken breasts, to taco shells made of waffles. But a new contender has entered the ring of odd ball food trends. Meet the ramen burger...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...3/-/index.html

I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    hmm

ramen noodles aren't like a healthy replacement or very tasty so I wonder what the appeal is?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.
    It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

Cronuts: yes.

Hemisphere of solid ramen in place of hamburger bun: no.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

That's how I realized I had high blood pressure. I just started eating these about a year ago. I love them, but they sure put your blood pressure through the roof, because of the high sodium.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    hmm

ramen noodles aren't like a healthy replacement or very tasty so I wonder what the appeal is?
    The broth and the price.

Lo, fried ramen isn't exactly new, nor a ramen burger, or ramen salad, ramen eggs, I could go on.

For less sodium, just don't use the entire pack of seasoning. A few sprinkles is enough for me.

Considering I can get 5 packs for a buck or under, that is not bad for times when broke. That's a buck for most of week's food.

Not healthy food by any means, but survival food. Also, ramen noodles contain a good bit of fat for what they are, so so sodium and carbs are not the only unhealthy problem. They are simply unhealthy, but cheap and filling.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.