Resolved PA - Philadelphia, BlkFem UP11535, 40-60, obese, died of heatstroke, Jul'13 - Name withheld

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
O.M.G.

Wow.

How do you wrap your head around that one?

This is a good example of why even though they are pretty sure a body is or may be a missing person, they wait for DNA results. Wow!

The morgue photo of the unidentified woman identified as Sharolyn Jackson has been released.

Attachments

• r-SHAROLYN-JACKSON-large570.jpg
    r-SHAROLYN-JACKSON-large570.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 132960aa-1.jpg
    132960aa-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 103
Oh my...I just can't wrap my head around this.

This is so weird. Did family identify her? Did she have an open casket? So strange.

This is so weird. Did family identify her? Did she have an open casket? So strange.

The body was identified by Sharolyn's son and she had an open casket viewing attended by her parents, 4 sons and daughter.

The body received a funeral was buried and weeks later dug up and returned to the morgue as a unidentified body. Hopefully, she will soon rest in peace.

Definitely a VERY unusual story.

It sounds like the family didn't see her a lot (which could have played into the misidentification:

How the whole thing came about begins 15 to 20 years earlier, when Jackson became addicted to drugs and slowly grew apart from her family, who largely live in Trenton. Jackson eventually crossed the river and stayed in Philadelphia, sometimes living on the street.

<snip>

Minnie, who remembers last talking to her daughter July 1, accepted the woman's death as the by-product of her drug abuse and unmoored life, although recently she had begun to settle down.

When Jackson was using drugs, she would call at most twice a year, Minnie said.

But after she started getting her life together, her daughter would call every day.

On July 1, Jackson called her mother to say she could no longer afford her phone plan.

So when Minnie had not heard from her daughter in weeks, she was not alarmed.

Odd that one was missing and one died and they looked so similar that they're saying they could have been sisters (by appearance):

She had the same forehead, figure, and hands, and they could have been sisters. But they weren't even related.

The whole thing is strange.

Excerpt from:

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

When I die, will they remember not
What I did, but what I haven't done?
It's not the end that I fear with each breath
It's life that scares me to death.

Weird story and everytime I see this headline I think "someone is fighting over the funeral and embalming charges".

Maybe the city will cough up the dough? But if the family IDENTIFIED her then maybe not?

Open casket would be pricey.

Is this a case of someone being late to her own funeral?

:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back