958 users online (160 members and 798 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Affleck as Batman? Fans outraged

http://news.yahoo.com/ben-affleck-su...044603743.html

The casting of Hollywood A-lister Ben Affleck as the new Batman sparked fan outrage, with petitions calling for the coveted role to be recast and widespread howling on Twitter.

Warner Bros. announced Thursday that Affleck -- who earlier this year was the darling of Tinseltown when his "Argo" took home the Oscar for best picture -- would next don the Dark Knight's cape.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I am looking forward to seeing Ben play the part!!
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

I will pass on this movie, not a fan of Ben.

I don't really care either way as I doubt I will ever see the movie. Somewhere it was mentioned that a lot of people were hoping for Josh Brolin or Ryan Gosling to be cast instead......I can see Josh Brolin as a good Batman.....and Ryan Gosling can do no wrong in my opinion!

Ben Affleck Is the Perfect Batman: Here Are 5 Reasons Why

http://www.eonline.com/news/451900/b...=rss_movienews

I'll probably rent it to see how Ben works out. He's a good director also.

Never watched any of Ben/Jen films but did rent and finally bought
    Changing Lanes, it is a good film and he's great in it, as is Samuel Jackson.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I don't have a problem with Affleck playing the part. When the current film series started, I remember all the doubts when Michael Keaton was named for the role and he turned out pretty good.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I read that Bryan Cranston (Walt from Breaking Bad) has been picked to play Lex Luthor in the films.

Justice For Caylee So sue me CA!

here's a trailer with Ben Affleck as Batman....I think he'd be good! Bryan Cranston is in it too!

http://t.nbcnews.com/entertainment/f...ben-8C11016482

"Fake 'Man of Steel 2' trailer may make you love Ben Affleck as Batman
    Kurt Schlosser NBC News"

"This masterful edit, which not only offers up Affleck but also a generous dose of "Breaking Bad's" Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, gives fanboys and girls alike something very interesting to contemplate."

I admit I'm biased: I think Affleck is a movie star in the classic tradition, like George Clooney.

Affleck is also 6'4", as is Henry Cavill, who will play Superman.

Ryan Gosling is 6'1" (Hollywood speak for 5'10" or 11").

Matt Damon is 5'10" (Hollywood speak for 5'8").

What fans don't know about casting would fill the book, and apparently they want Batman played on elevator shoes.

(ETA I like both Gosling and Damon. I'm just stating facts.)

Who cares?

I thought he was fine as Daredevil, surprised there wasn't a sequel.

people don;t know what thier talking about what has made the last too batman's christian bale tom hardy ya thier good actors but its the writer that has made the huge difference in the batman saga up untill the last 2 batman rises and rises again all the batmans sucked except those too its the new director that is making these good not the specific batman..If it follows the last too ben affleck or ron howard as batman it will be amazing....
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

I don't know.. I don't like the new batman flicks at all. I liked the Michael Keaton Batman flicks..

I don't like the edgy push. I like the old style Batman.

I think that BA has that same MK vibe.. I think he will do okay..

I am more concerned about beiber posting pics that seem to say he has a part in the film.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

"Batman-meets-Superman movie delayed a year; Peter Pan flies into its slot"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/18/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

"Ben Affleck Looks Different Now Because, You Know, He's Batman"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5516451.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast