1200 users online (237 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Mom leaves baby with man she just met on Facebook, Boynton Beach

Mom leaves baby with man she just met on Facebook, then goes shopping at Boynton Beach Walmart, cops say.

A 27-year-old mother is facing criminal charges after leaving her infant with a man who police described as a “stranger” to her while she shopped at Walmart.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...cebook-/nZSqj/

....and the guy's name was Pigge.

But at least he did the right thing and turned the baby into a representative with the Mom's phone # attached. He was even late going to work.

I hope this poor baby will have a good life. Prayers.....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    ....and the guy's name was Pigge.

But at least he did the right thing and turned the baby into a representative with the Mom's phone # attached. He was even late going to work.

I hope this poor baby will have a good life. Prayers.....
    I am sure CPS will just give the child right back. So I am not optimistic about "good life."
    Just my opinion

The man wrote down a phone number and handed it to her and told her she dropped a woman off at the store and had to leave to go to work.
    Holy pronoun fail, Batman.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

I was a caseworker for 25 years with my state's DHHS. This reminds me of a similar situation I encountered. One of my clients, a woman in her 30's was out on bond awaiting sentencing for drug distribution. She had a 12 year old daughter and astounded me when she said when she went to prison she planned to leave her to live with the woman's boyfriend (unrelated to the girl of course). On questioning she admitted she had just met him on line and knew him only a couple of weeks but he 'seems like a real nice guy.'

Of course I told her I was reporting this to CPS- she couldn't seem to understand why, no matter how I tried to explain, the capacity to understand wasn't inside her head. I never knew what happened but I did the right thing. I think.

Odd how a mother's protection instinct is supposed to be hot wired into us as a species and how some are just immune to it.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

In my own little corner in my own little chair
    I wish there was a test to pass before they let you leave the hospital with the new baby. I see cases like this and my heart breaks for my son & DIL, who due to a medical issue, can't get pregnant, and would be good loving parents. Thet both have good jobs, own a home, and are truly good people.
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~

My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.