756 users online (87 members and 669 guests)  

Websleuths News

El Segundo, California

IL - Homer, Male Skeletal UP13514 & UP13515, in Middle Fork River, Aug'13

DOGTOWN — Authorities are not yet sure whether a human skull and bone found in a river in northeast Champaign County belonged to a male or female, Sheriff Dan Walsh said Friday.

Walsh said it is also hard to say at this point if the skeletal remains could belong to a missing person or a victim of foul play, or instead could be those of a Native American Indian and unrelated to any crime.

Preliminary indications are that the skull may be more than five years old, but it could be much older, Walsh said.
    The area where the bones were found is commonly referred to as Dogtown, and Walsh said he was aware that the area has been rumored for years to be a dumping ground for bodies.

A family boating in the Middle Fork River discovered the human skull and another suspected human bone in the river “on August 3rd or 4th,” Walsh said. The family brought the skull and bone home before contacting police, Walsh said.

This is precisely the area where Jamie Harper was last seen about 6 years ago.

Heather Zimmerman is another possibility. Her location LKA was in Gifford.

El Segundo, California
    Going back a little further in time, we also have Theresa Ann Wallace (1990), Penny Dawn Lease (1989), Kimberly Ann Thompson (1986), and Patricia Ann Tigner (1981).

There is also Terri Bea Earhart (1981), but there is no photo of her available.

Strange that my MP list for Champaign County is all females. I have no males listed from Champaign County missing for more than 5 years.

A comment on one of the news sites mentions a Bobby Doun from Gifford. But I don't see anything on him in any of the public listings.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-26-2013 at 03:15 AM.

up north

DNA testing delayed on skeletal remains found near Paxton

Fri, 10/04/2013 - 2:06pm | Will Brumleve

RURAL PAXTON — It could be early next year before DNA testing is done on skeletal remains found in a river southeast of Paxton.

So the bones are from two different people-

Human skull discovered in a shallow portion of a river near the Middle Fork Forrest Preserve, Champaign County, Illinois.

DNA Sample submitted - Tests complete
    Sex- Unsure
    Age cannot be determined
    Race Unsure

Human right tibia was discovered by searches from the Champaign County Sheriff's Department while searching the same general area where a human skull was discovered eight days earlier. The human skull is coded as UP#13514.

DNA Sample submitted - Tests complete
    Maximum age 17 years
    Race Unsure

New England
    That's freaky. I wonder if they have plans to do more searching in the river?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Do they determine height by tibia or femur?

And can they do a reconstruction on the skull? I can't imagine they found the entire skull, so that may be difficult...