26 August 2013 hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Convicted killer Jodi Arias will return to court later today in Maricopa County, Ariz., as a judge is expected to set a date for a retrial of the penalty phase of her murder trail.

In the trial, which riveted millions for five months earlier this year and spawned a TV movie, Arias was found guilty in May of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander. The marathon trial ended when the jury was unable to agree on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison.

Judge Sherry Stephens, who oversaw the murder trial, has said that she'd like to begin picking a new jury next month. The new jurors would not hear the entire case and their only task would be to decide Arias's fate.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-retrial-date-expected-today/story?id=20066658

Arias' defense attorneys filed a motion Thursday asking Stephens to limit or ban live TV coverage of her upcoming retrial, citing concerns for her right to a fair trial. They argued in the motion that live coverage during her first trial led to death threats against them and their witnesses.
Arias' attorneys also filed a motion last week asking the judge to force prospective jurors to hand over information about their personal Twitter accounts. Arias' attorneys say that, even if new jurors refrain from discussing the trial, nothing is stopping other people from reaching out to them on social media with information that may influence their decisions. The attorneys say the only way to monitor this influence is for them to know about the jurors' accounts.
It is not yet known whether Stephens will take up both defense motions during Monday's pretrial hearing.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ge-set-date-for-penalty-retrial#ixzz2d5EzboTe

discuss the hearing here.

Moving this here. Did you guys see this motion filed that geevee posted in the other thread? The title is hilarious. Sounds like a frustrated response to the slew of silly motions:

8/25/2011 MEM - Memorandum - Party (001) 8/25/2011
NOTE: TRIAL/ IN SUPPORT OF ALL MOTIONS, OBJECTIONS, EXCEPTIONS, REQUESTS AND OTHER APPLICATIONS AND ISSUES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER

Woohoo! Hopefully a date today! It is so time to get this last part of the trial over with.

I hope in this time the Alexander family and supporters have had time to gather their strength and rest.

Good morning everyone. Hoping a trial date set today, hoping it will be soon and this thing will be over for good. Would love to see an open hearing where JSS is tough on the defense. Would make my day.

So, will it be on live stream or not??? thanks

No, but I think WAT will be tweeting from the court room. Don't quote me on that. There will be cameras but no live stream.

So, will it be on live stream or not??? thanks

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 16m

"@pineapplewilly: @troyhaydenfox10 will there be cameras today and what time" Yes. Am heading 2 830 #jodiarias hearing now. #fox10

Ready to go-this farce needs to be over and done with and the convicted murderer needs to be locked away forever.

HLN was just now saying there would be cameras there!

ETA: I sure hope I heard that right!

audrey_m ‏@audrey_m 14m

@JodiAnnArias See you in court today #jodiarias. Can't wait to see your outfit today, LOL.
:floorlaugh:

This is what I got from Wats. Guess we will see soon.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1h

@NewfyluvrKane I will be live tweeting it. There is no live stream for this hearing today.

Thanks, Ricki!
I could have sworn Mike on HLN had said there would be cameras. Thanks for setting my goof straight!

There will be pool cameras set up for replay purposes, but it will not be live streamed. Croakerqueen has been putting the hearings up on youtube though so we will probably be able to watch this hearing at a later date.

And they also keep saying this is the first time we will see her since her last televised hearing..
Heres hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member