982 users online (145 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

NE - Raymond Harris, 20, Omaha, 26 Nov 1971

Raymond and his wife of one month, Mary Sudac Harris, told his sister that they would be traveling to her Des Moines, Iowa residence on November 26, 1971. Raymond and Mary lived with Raymond's father at a residence in the 600 block of south 27th Street in Omaha, Nebraska at the time. It has been established that the couple had a stormy relationship with Raymond's father, and Raymond informed his sister that he and his wife planned to move out of his father's home. They never arrived at his sister's home and have not been heard from again. Their vehicle, a green four-door 1970s model Chevrolet, has never been located.

It was snowing heavily in the area the night Raymond and Mary vanished, but searches of the region produced no evidence regarding a possible accident or foul play. Raymond's sister was contacted by his wife's family in 1993, 22 years after the couple had last been seen. They inquired as to Raymond's whereabouts, prompting speculation that Mary's family was aware of his wife's location. This theory has not been confirmed.

It is possible that Raymond and Mary chose to disappear of their own accord due to family problems. No evidence has been discovered to suggest foul play was involved in their cases. Raymond's father is now deceased; he was never considered a suspect in their disappearances, which remain unsolved.

Raymond was mistakenly listed as found in 2005. The information was untrue and he is still missing. Photos and vital statistics for Mary are not available.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_raymond.html

the one thing that
    Ashbrook did tell me that no one else bothered is that Mary my brothers
    wife, did file for a social security number under the name of Mary Theresa
    Harris, in January of 1972

posted by sister of MP

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00269.html

I was just thinking about this case yesterday and wondered if there was a thread for it.

Why did Mary's family asked the Harrises about Ray's whereabouts but not Mary's? Did they really know where she was? And why did they wait 22 years to even ask Ray's family where he was?

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what the exact family problems were at time. Did Ray always have a poor relationship with his father or did the father just disapprove of Mary? Was Mary pregnant and that was the bone of contention? Were Ray and Mary being freeloaders and the father had a legitimate gripe? Why does Ray apparently use other surnames, including his wife's maiden name?

Very odd case. Why are there no photos and stats for Mary? You can get stats on Mary from the government, right? Also, where were Mary and her family from?

http://www.omaha.com/obits/sudac-mar...c9d80e833.html

Found this online. I believe it is the obit for Mary's mother and it lists her as a survivor as of 2015. Don't know for sure but all the ages line up and she has the same middle initial.

Bump.

What a fascinating case!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

And the police are not questioning Mary? Is the investigation still open?

It's been over a year since anyone posted here, so I did some more checking around.
    I found NamUs UP case 2623, who was found in 1984 in Des Moines.
    DNA isn't available for the remains, but both have dental and fingerprints, so it's possible this was ruled out a long time ago, but Ray isn't listed on the rule outs. I sent it along anyway.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I got a reply back from NamUs stating they didn't think the two had been compared yet and that they would take a look.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)