GUILTY VA - Emylee Lonczak, 16, left to die of heroin OD, Vienna, 21 Aug 2013

Bsublime

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. The victim was reported missing to the police, but I don't think it was ever reported. Over the weekend they said they found her body. And now they released a few more details.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...nt-Fairfax-County-Neighborhood-221221771.html

Though Fairfax County police won’t say much, they confirmed a criminal investigation is under way in the death of a 16-year-old girl whose body was found Friday morning.

Emylee's family called police Wednesday to report her missing, that she had run away. Police went to a quiet neighborhood near Tysons Corner when they got a tip that Emylee might be found there. When officers began to look in the area near a pipe stem on Madrillon Estates Drive, they found the girl's body on the ground, hidden by bushes between two fences.

For those who click in a semi-panic like me:

NOT Alexis Murphy.

How very strange that it was never reported that she was missing...perhaps because they thought she ran away? Puzzling.

Here is her obituary and another article written about her when she was hit by a car last winter.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/wa...-lonczak&pid=166627570&fhid=17018#fbLoggedOut

http://thehighlandernews.com/student-hit-by-car-in-accident/

Sounds like she was a tough little girl. :(

RIP Emylee

Pretty girl too. How devastating. All those brothers she probably was a toughie.

RIP Emylee

The hit and run happened in front of school just before Thanksgiving 2012. The article says that she was going to be called to testify in court against the person who did it. I wonder if that happened yet?

Fairfax County police investigating death of McLean High School student Emylee Lonczak

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/232609...h-of-mclean-high-school-student#ixzz2d8F5HLGO

Police have not identified the girl, but say detectives found the body of a runaway they were looking for outside on the ground between two houses on Madrillon Estates Drive. They got a tip about where to find her.

Police say they are conducting an active criminal investigation into her death and are waiting for autopsy results to confirm how she died.

“I can't speculate about what the end of this investigation will be,” Walker said. “I can confirm that it is criminal in nature, that detectives are looking into any potential criminal acts that may be involved.”

Police also will not say whether the teenager died in the location where her body was found or whether her body was placed there by someone else.

The medical examiner has not determined the cause of death.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...nt-Fairfax-County-Neighborhood-221221771.html

The neighborhood where she was found is 4 & a half miles from her home address. I have seen no mention of anyone she may have been with, her car or other transportation, or anything else. LE is keeping this close to the vest.

This is certainly a puzzling case...

I, too, am wondering if she had gone yet to court regarding the "Hit and Run"?

:waitasec:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. The victim was reported missing to the police, but I don't think it was ever reported. Over the weekend they said they found her body. And now they released a few more details.

I am puzzled why they think Emylee would be a runaway. I see nothing in her history that shows that unless I have missed an article stating that.

She seemed to be very well liked in her school by her peers, teachers, and Principal.

Even if the child is thought to be a runaway the police should still try to find them because they likely have also met with foul play.

I believe that is why so many minors that are classified as 'runaways' are never seen ever again. Imo, a lot of them have met with foul play and LE didn't even investigate the cases. There is an overwhelming amount of unsolved cases. I am glad they found Emylee.

imo

The parents reported her as a runaway on Wednesday, then the police got a tip on Friday telling them where to look on Friday. So I think they are treating it as a runaway because that is what the parents told them.

I am actually surprised by the lack of information about this girl. I have found SM where friends have said the family asked them not to talk. All the kids in the MSM articles say they didn't really know her. So it is hard to really get a image in my head of what she was like. Other than generalities, I don't feel like anyone is talking.

The only thing we know is that the police are treating it as criminal.

I find it shocking the the ME is saying it will be weeks before the determine a cause of death!?! That seems ridiculously long unless they think it was poisoning or something where they have to do an elaborate tox screen.

Now I'm wondering what's up with her parents. Why didn't they report her as missing instead of a runaway? If my teenager didn't come home I would be worried that she had been in an accident or met with foul play.

MOO

Now I'm wondering what's up with her parents. Why didn't they report her as missing instead of a runaway? If my teenager didn't come home I would be worried that she had been in an accident or met with foul play.

MOO

Maybe she left a note saying she was running away?

I wonder who called in the tip on where to find her body.

The parents reported her as a runaway on Wednesday, then the police got a tip on Friday telling them where to look on Friday. So I think they are treating it as a runaway because that is what the parents told them.

I am actually surprised by the lack of information about this girl. I have found SM where friends have said the family asked them not to talk. All the kids in the MSM articles say they didn't really know her. So it is hard to really get a image in my head of what she was like. Other than generalities, I don't feel like anyone is talking.

The only thing we know is that the police are treating it as criminal.

I find it shocking the the ME is saying it will be weeks before the determine a cause of death!?! That seems ridiculously long unless they think it was poisoning or something where they have to do an elaborate tox screen.

I agree that the "hush, hush" is odd. The police say, "Fairfax County Police are not releasing many details surrounding the death, but said they do not believe anyone else in the community is in danger." I'm always curious how LE determine that it's an isolated incident when someone ends up dead. If it's suicide, I get it. But if the investigation is "criminal", then they don't really know what happened. I wonder what is the significance of the home in Vienna whose yard she was found in? Why there?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-suburb-days-disappeared.html#ixzz2dPLNm0zP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I agree that the "hush, hush" is odd. The police say, "Fairfax County Police are not releasing many details surrounding the death, but said they do not believe anyone else in the community is in danger." I'm always curious how LE determine that it's an isolated incident when someone ends up dead. If it's suicide, I get it. But if the investigation is "criminal", then they don't really know what happened. I wonder what is the significance of the home in Vienna whose yard she was found in? Why there?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-suburb-days-disappeared.html#ixzz2dPLNm0zP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When LE used similar verbiage for several weeks in Alanna Gallagher's murder, it seems it was because they had a good idea early on who was responsible, and they were awaiting DNA testing.

Post information from MSN only and not local rumors.

Printed on the back of a memorial pamphlet handed out during Lonczak’s visitation at Money & King Funeral Home in Vienna on Tuesday were some lyrics from a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers: “Eyes wide with revelation. Shine at the police station. And when the verdict comes ‘round, I’m sure that you will go down.” On the pamphlet, the words “Eyes wide” and “will go down” are accented.

That seems....odd. I wondering if this is a suicide and someone placed her there afterwards.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back